Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → JK dismemberment mod (oh my!)
JK dismemberment mod (oh my!)
2022-04-06, 9:08 AM #1
Whelp, the itch to edit and mess with JK has returned, and this time I'm making a ruckus with light saber dismemberments. I've been having a blast relearning all the joys of editing df2. here's a little teaser shot.

so far, enemies can lose their head, legs, arms, and be cut in half!

more to come!

what makes it more fun is im editing this on my old Pentium 266MMX with a voodoo2 8mb and 64mb ram :v:
2022-04-07, 10:24 PM #2
That’s awesome, I wish I still had my JK editing PC around! In all its 640x480 pixel glory
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2022-04-18, 11:07 AM #3
So great!!
2022-04-19, 9:45 PM #4
This is really cool. IIRC vanilla JK had light dismemberment already, right? I recall chopping off Stormtrooper and Gran arms or hands I think?
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2022-04-20, 11:12 AM #5
I remember it, too but I can't remember how to turn it on. I thought you had to set a console variable and then a single arm would fly off sometimes. But now I can't find any references to it.
2022-04-20, 2:56 PM #6
Originally posted by Brian:
I remember it, too but I can't remember how to turn it on. I thought you had to set a console variable and then a single arm would fly off sometimes. But now I can't find any references to it.

That's JO/JA. In JK it was there by default, but like I said I'm pretty sure that was limited to just hands/arms on very rare occasions.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2022-04-20, 8:09 PM #7
g_saberrealisticcombat. Used that all the time, it was great.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2022-04-21, 5:31 PM #8
Ah ok. Makes sense.
2022-05-02, 9:23 PM #9
In JK sometimes you would hack off a guy's arm, but it was just a default animation that came up randomly. It wasn't the insanity of saberrealisticcombat (or whatever it was) in Jedi Outcast.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!