Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ancient Files
Ancient Files
2023-06-06, 6:44 AM #1
A long time ago, when rubbish australian internet couldn't be relied on, I would save files into a big folder and then generally forget about them. The folder survived a few hard drive moves and the occasional platter explosion.

The following are some of the massassi things that ended up in there that people may or may not want before the forums close down. The file upload host will nuke them after 30 days because they're not swimming in google/tesla money I guess.

These are some of Flexor's mp3's that he made in 2003:
https://easyupload.io/jbvm20

This is... some guys on the Jedi Legacy forums (Jon C, Firefox and others) reminiscing about one of the crazier members on DF-21 named Sheldon.
https://easyupload.io/s8bk9w

This is the infamous and now removed "Yoda's House" level by Pugler, but also, the level comments page for the same between 2001-02.
There is another Pugler level in there, which was also long since removed by an irate KOP_blujay, named Mysterious Gonk Hole:
https://easyupload.io/ycqcnc

People got really fired up in those comments;

Quote:
The auther thinks it's a joke to submit these levels, well, guess what, NO ONE'S LAUGHING.

(doubly-funny because above commentor logged in within the past week!)

I also have 593 JK/MotS levels that I think originally came from a 1999 rip of of the Jedinights.net website. Which I think was one of three JK level sites back in the day, the other being outpost-d34 and obviously here. Someone let me know if you want this and I'll try to upload it somewhere. It's 220meg of 97-98 vintage levels and quality is really all over the show.

I leave you with ancient quotes by now ancient people:

[/FONT][/COLOR]
Quote:
oh man, denomination wars again. I swear, the split into denominations is the single biggest victory the devel ever had....
-Joren Darkstar

Stereo equipment is better than women - stereo equipment doesn't get jealous if you listen to other stereos
-Wolfy

I can't figure out what happened to me the other night, but I cant find a logical explination.
Anyway, I was sitting downstairs, eating ice cream. I finished, and brought the bowl upstairs. That's the last thing I remember from that night. The next thing I know, I woke up and it was 3 am, and I was in my bed wearing clothes I havent worn for years. I felt odd, and I noticed a shaved area on my leg, and a large bruise that hadnt been there before. The only thing I can think of is sleep walking, but do normal people go and dig out old clothes, and shave their legs and bruise themselves when they do it? (plus my parents said that they did not see me all night)
-finity5

Oog stub toe. Lightning from sky that night. Oog no stub toe again, oog FEAR lightning.
-BobThemasher

The revolution will be textured.
-Super S51

"DARNN YOU FOOL THE ENDING IS DUMB!!!!! IT SHOWS YOU FLY AWAY AND THEN SHOWS SOME DUMB GUY IN A CELL SAY AFEW WORDS!!!IT DOSENT MAKE ANY SCENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AS A MATER OF FACT BOBA FETT WOULD SCHOOL HAN SOLO ANY DAY!!!!!!!!!!"
-random massassi level commenter

Also, you guys never seemed to notice in the past, but since I won't be coming back too often anymore, here I go - keep your eye on Jon'C and Firefox - they are trolls, in the sneakiest sense of the word
-Joren Darkstar

If I remember correctly, the project ended when he started having problems with the computer he was using to work in it. He dropped the computer down a flight of stairs, I think.
-DSettahr on Jon'Cs JK editing project

My neighbour used to ask me a question and if I said, "I don't know.", he would say, "Ask the Star wars nerds." LOL!!!
-Darth Evad

Speaking as someone who understands why those games look the way they do and what the developers were trying to accomplish, I feel I am qualified to say that I hate SAJN_Master.
-Jon`C

I've been in 2 clans my time playing JK. The first one I don't really remember the name of anymore, but I remember the clan leader looked upon me highly and, like straight out of a story, basically mentored me into a good deal of the sabering skills I came to aqquire. Apparently it got to a point where he would tell me I still needed to practice because he could see some flaw when he really couldn't.
-Gebohq

His name is really Anakin? Thats awesome. Just..not for him.
-drizzt2k2

Spreading Democracy is funny. It makes me think of a big jar of democracy falling of a shelf and spilling all over Iraq. This, for some unexplained reason, inspires their citizens to blow each other up.
-Obi_kwiet

When I'm at my best for lucid dreams, I can will people to appear and materialize objects in my hands. Doesn't happen a lot, but when I was younger I taught myself how to fly in my dreams, and from there I also learned how to breath underwater, and what I'm working on now is phasing through solid objects.
-Darkjedibob

I think you should do it, if only so we can see how this works out.
Leave a note with one of your friends (not one that lives with you) telling them to post here if you die.
-Aglar

Last time I was at Denny's it was 12am and I was with a bunch of professional jugglers.
Long story short, I've never seen 2 people pass 9 trays before. We got kicked out when we asked the manager if we could have "all the forks in the resteraunt. It doesn't matter how many, it just needs to be all of them."
-happydud
2023-06-06, 1:03 PM #2
I would love to have that level archive from jk.net! Probably a bunch of people on discord would like it as well. I can upload it to massassi somewhere if it helps (once we figure a way to get it to me).
2023-06-06, 2:47 PM #3
I can attest that I am, in fact, ancient.

Also, that quote is a true story of my early JK days! Mind you, that's not to say I was amazing, if only because CoolMatty would beat me pretty bad years later.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2023-06-06, 3:10 PM #4
To continue the Denny's story, the whole group all ordered the Grand Slam (8 options, choose 4 of them). For our four options, we all chose "pancakes, pancakes, pancakes, and pancakes."

The cook came out and was *so angry.* He said "Do you know how many pancakes I have on the griddle!?"

After looking around and counting how many people we were, I said "Well, it should be 40."

So mad...
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2023-06-07, 4:45 AM #5
I think you're right, I think these came from jediknight.net. From looking in archive.org, the other site jedinights.com was a Star Wars news site and host to various other sites. A long time ago I remember searching for a number of these levels in the massassi database and couldn't find them there.

I've uploaded them to the same place in 4 zips: https://easyupload.io/m/lxwarb

Let me know if it's a poor filehost for downloading from. Also a handful of these levels are packed into ye olde exe extractors, which isn't terribly helpful. There's also about 4 junk files which I haven't deleted but can go, e.g. someone's old FTP logs and what looks like a tiny part of a JK clan website.
2023-06-07, 7:37 AM #6
going to any meal (or anywhere!) with happydud is always an adventure
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2023-06-07, 6:32 PM #7
Originally posted by GHORG:
I think you're right, I think these came from jediknight.net. From looking in archive.org, the other site jedinights.com was a Star Wars news site and host to various other sites. A long time ago I remember searching for a number of these levels in the massassi database and couldn't find them there.

I've uploaded them to the same place in 4 zips: https://easyupload.io/m/lxwarb

Let me know if it's a poor filehost for downloading from. Also a handful of these levels are packed into ye olde exe extractors, which isn't terribly helpful. There's also about 4 junk files which I haven't deleted but can go, e.g. someone's old FTP logs and what looks like a tiny part of a JK clan website.

Thank you, I was able to download them. I'll check them out when I have time. Thanks again!!

↑ Up to the top!