Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Dark Forces for Mots
Dark Forces for Mots
2001-06-15, 4:20 AM #1
I am working on conversion about whole Dark Forces to Mysteries of the Sith,
converting the DF-cutscenes to MotS-cutscenes. But I can't do it alone. I am not so good making cutscenes,
so I need to ask some crew for it. First I want to know:
1) How to make a Launcher (like MotS-launcher where you can play the game, open the readme and that, just
like in One Rebels Sacrifice) about Dark Forces?
2) THE CUTSCENES! I AM NOT GOOD IN MAKING CUTSCENES!
3) How to convert all the walls, skies, every textures to MotS-mats, so I can use them in the thing.
4) I also need to make Kyle look like in Dark Forces and Jan too.
5) How to make Jabba the hutt hologram for the Jabba's Ship level?
6) How to convert the Dark Forces-levels to Mots!?

That is all this time. Answer to me if you can.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2001-06-15, 10:36 AM #2
Go to: http://www.geocities.com/psychodelic_dak/index.html

------------------
Dead Reckoning and Dead Reckoning 2
Dead Reckoning
2001-06-15, 11:32 AM #3
#3 is illegal. You will have to use the existing MotS mats or new ones. Ripping them out of DF and converting them to mats is against the law.

#4 - you might look at Al McDonald's DF Kyle multiplayer skin.

#6 - Converting the levels directly from DF to MotS is illegal. You will have to do some serious work in Jed and recreate all the DF levels from scratch.

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-06-15, 4:16 PM #4
I'm not sure about most of your questions, but I think I can answer three of them. First, I can help you make Kyle and Jan skins like the ones in Dark Forces (I'm a real DF1 junkie), and two I can help you with the cutscenes. As for the launcher, I don't know how to do it but I know that someone one the Dragon Ball Z: The Destruction is Real mod Does. Maybe you could get in touch with them.

------------------
-------------------------
"We're bad?"
"Well, a little."

Vegeta & Nappa
2001-06-17, 12:59 PM #5
I am pretty sure there is already a DF TC in the works. I saw some pretty neat screen shots a while back for level 1 of Dark Forces, which had already been completed for the Jedi Knight Engine. They website there were on had was regularly updated as well, so as far as I know, the project is still being worked on. You might want to find them and see if you can join.

------------------
You underestimate the power of the dark side...
2001-06-19, 4:25 AM #6
FastGamerr: Is it illegal to rip the DF walls etc. off, but change them a little, and then put them to MotS?
[/B][/QUOTE]
2001-06-19, 1:56 PM #7
Yes. Modifying what they made and using it elsewhere is illegal.

Let me give you an example. If you look at the Star Wars web site you will see a section where they talk about how these "edits" of TPM that have been coming out are illegal.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
2001-06-24, 5:36 AM #8
New guestions:
7) How to get Crix Madine, general Mohc (I'm not sure about the name) and all the Dark Troopers?
8) HOW TO GET ALL THE DF WEAPONS!!!???

Oh, by the way MikeC, now I understand that it is illegal to rip the DF-walls, skies and
stuff off. So, I need mats looking very much LIKE the ones on Dark Forces, or actually can
you tell me how to make good looking mats (where is all the shadow things and all)
easily with PSP? Or can you tell me good places to get cool-looking mats for the TC?
2001-06-24, 6:04 AM #9
7) I haven't seen anything for Mohc, so you will probably have to make a new model/skin for him. I believe Crix Madine has been done by Al McDonald (if its not his I'm sure its in BFP somewhere). You can use that skin to create a new character for him. You might also want to look at the Dark Trooper skins there too.

8) Get hold of SavageX. He made a GREAT assault cannon (Dart Trooper's weapon) for the player to use and made a dark trooper enemy that uses it too. You will probably have to make the mortar from scratch.

Well, Massassi has a fair sized mat section. Especially look at the graphtallica mat pack.

If you want 16 bit mats try the files at www.wadfather.game-edit.com

I'm not the best at making textures. If you want advice, try emailing Zuljin or catching one of the mat classes he has been doing online lately.

------------------
2005-04-04, 4:57 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by FastGamerr
1) How to make a Launcher (like MotS-launcher where you can play the game, open the readme and that, just
like in One Rebels Sacrifice) about Dark Forces?

Quote:
Originally posted by SATAN INCARNATE
As for the launcher, I don't know how to do it but I know that someone one the Dragon Ball Z: The Destruction is Real mod Does. Maybe you could get in touch with them.

You really wouldn't need a launcher for a mod such as the one you speak of, unless you plan on having some kind of wild user configuration. ;)
-Hell Raiser
2005-04-05, 9:39 PM #11
Wow, talk about necromancing...
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-04-06, 6:28 AM #12
If you need someone for cutscenes count me in.
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-05-19, 7:03 AM #13
The_Mega_ZZTer is a poop head. He revived this thread and then deleted his post so that Hell Raiser would get the blame. I have proof:

Quote:
[09:43:18] <Nikumubeki> ZZTer, why!
[09:44:23] <Nikumubeki> Why did you revive a nearly 4 year old thread!?
[09:49:54] <The_MAZZTer> I did?
[09:49:56] <The_MAZZTer> where
[09:50:10] <The_MAZZTer> probably because some unconsiderate @#$%^& linked me to it
[09:50:27] <The_MAZZTer> I mean, what did they expect me to do?
[09:50:28] <Nikumubeki> ¬_¬
[09:50:33] <The_MAZZTer> link me
[09:50:35] <The_MAZZTer> ...
[09:50:42] <Nikumubeki> I didn't expect you to do a thing. I didn't even give the link to you.
[09:50:44] <Nikumubeki> But no! You had to post!
[09:50:56] <The_MAZZTer> LINK ME SO I CAN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
[09:50:58] <Nikumubeki> I think I was just "haha, my first post is still there" like almost every month.
[09:51:04] <The_MAZZTer> (and delete my post)
[09:51:10] <Nikumubeki> http://forums.massassi.org/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8298
[09:51:16] <Nikumubeki> ;P
[09:51:49] <The_MAZZTer> there
[09:51:52] <The_MAZZTer> ;)
[09:51:53] <The_MAZZTer> refresh]
[09:51:55] * The_MAZZTer whistles
[09:52:11] <The_MAZZTer> you can blame Hell Raiser now
[09:52:13] <The_MAZZTer> ¬_¬

He thought he could get away with it. He thought wrong.

↑ Up to the top!