Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → how do you make a gob unopenable...?
how do you make a gob unopenable...?
2000-08-28, 2:51 PM #1
Is it possible to make a gob so conman cant open it, meaning other people cant mess with it? I need it to still work in jk and patchcommander though..I need it for a new AHP, thx [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2000-08-28, 2:53 PM #2
And the god of Massassi said, "Let this be on the Editing Forum." And it was done.

------------------
God Bless,
Ryan 'darkjedi86' Heuser
2000-08-28, 4:35 PM #3
I don't think its possible. At least I've never heard of a way. Why do you want to do it?

------------------
Have lightsaber will travel.

MikeC's Really Lame Home Page
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2000-08-29, 3:52 AM #4
to make an an ahp, that is finally unhackable.. they would just be able to edit the cogs in the gob and pt em back in and run that as the patch.... still would get no checksum.. all the other AHP's are hackable with similar methods
2000-08-30, 10:21 AM #5
I think you just want to put a trojan in there, making it so people wouldn't know its there even with a gob program unless u have a anti-virus program. lol......umm...not that ive ever..done that...

*runs to door*

------------------
I chose the red pill, then lots of white rabbits told me to burn things.
I chose the red pill, then lots of white rabbits told me to burn things.
2001-07-27, 2:27 PM #6
Hehe... funny sig, WarBeast (uh-oh, now the board police will come heckle me for reviving a year-old topic)
2001-07-28, 4:31 AM #7
Heh! I think even the game companies have given up on this idea [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] In the past they used all kinds of weird container formats and even encyption, but now they are starting to use ZIP files which can be read by anyone.
2001-07-28, 5:00 AM #8
Hahaaa this topic is a year old!! That would be cool but it sounds kind of fishy....

BTW I love that signature!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"Watching prey squirm gives me the feeling of absolute power."
-Jodo Kast
Bounty Hunter TC
The Fulcrum
2001-07-28, 11:19 AM #9
I think you can, insanity GOB didnt let me open up in conman (I was'nt doing anything, HONEST!!)
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2001-07-28, 11:31 AM #10
You cant at all. If it was encrypted, it would not be able to be read by Jedi Knight. bleah.

-------------------

I chose the white pill, and died from an overdose.

[This message has been edited by Nomi (edited July 28, 2001).]

↑ Up to the top!