Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → How do you use 16bit mats?
How do you use 16bit mats?
2001-08-18, 7:59 AM #1
Sorry but Ive never figured it out, and since most good level builders are using 16bit textures, I thought I should try too.

Thx for your help in advanced!
2001-08-18, 9:47 AM #2
You use them exactly like you use any other custom mat. However, you have to be using Jed v.95 or whatever the newest version of JKEdit is.

If you want to make new 16 bit mats, you need a program called Mat16.

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-08-18, 12:12 PM #3
So just where do we get this mysterious Mat 16?

------------------
Ч

Drunken_Squirlz's homepage

[This message has been edited by drunken_squirlz (edited August 18, 2001).]
Andy D (Ч)

Drunken_Squirlz's homepage
2001-08-18, 6:18 PM #4
Get the Mat 16 program here, along with some other useful utilities. You can create any 8-bit mat, and then convert it to 16-bit. Just remember, not everyone can run a level done with 16-bit MAT's. Not all 3D cards support them. So release 2 versions of the same level; one 8-bit and one 16-bit. When you get to the site, click on the 'program' link at the very bottom. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
"Alive, without permission..."
Home Base
[url="mailto:Snake-Eyes1@zdnetonebox.com"]mailto:Snake-Eyes1@zdnetonebox.com[/url]Snake-Eyes1@zdnetonebox.com</A>

[This message has been edited by Snake-Eyes (edited August 18, 2001).]
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.

↑ Up to the top!