Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Elevators, Doors, & 3DOs......
Elevators, Doors, & 3DOs......
2001-08-17, 11:41 AM #1
I know this might sound dumb, but i'm having trouble with these three things. For the first two, i follow the tutorials very closly and when i gob it and run it....they dont work. i step on the elevator and nothing happens. Same with the door. Nothing happens. The 3do is a different matter. I tried just putting a R2.3do in a small level, but when i ran it....the R2 never appeared. Ideas?????? Please help.....thanks.
2001-08-17, 12:04 PM #2
ever tried using cogs?
*bumble bee buzzing* bzz...bzzzzz-buzzz-zz...bzz-POW!!! POW-POW-POW-POPOW!!! *bumble bee falls to the ground after being snipered by a BB gun*
2001-08-17, 12:46 PM #3
For the doors and elevators, something is probably messed up with the frames or the cogs.

For the R2 droid, hit F10 in Jed to bring up the consistency checker. Are there any errors listed?

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-08-17, 12:47 PM #4
Oh, and welcome to Massassi! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-08-18, 11:00 AM #5
thanks.....by the way i do use cogs.
2001-08-19, 10:21 AM #6
lol

Your topic is "Elevators, Doors, & 3dOs" and I feel like saying "Oh my" like in the Wizard of Oz.

"Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My!"
"...but I do believe they think I am some sort of god."
2001-08-19, 5:50 PM #7
Elevators are the funnest to do. u need to add frames, to do this, u put 2 elevators, 1 on top, and one on bottom (do this in side view), and align them from the top view, so it looks like 1, then take the one on the top, and add the value 'numframes' to it, and also add 'frame' value and another 'frame' value to it. then u click the copy button, and on the first 'frame' u right click on the white by it, and select paste. then u go to the elevator on the bottom, and u copy it, and paste it in the value in the other elevator. then u delete the elevator u didn't do anything w/.

Then u add the cog...i forgot which one it is, but i assume u want the one where u go through a surface and it activates it...so, u get the surface that u pass 'through' and it should be somethin like '2 3' (sector 2, surface 3). so u'd place for sectory 2, surface 3, in the cog box like '2 3'.

well, it's late and i'm not making sense so, i hope u figure it out or ditch the tutorials and go straight into 3dos and kick *** like i did.
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2001-08-19, 6:08 PM #8
I'm new to editing myself, and haven't touched 3dos yet, but I have played with the doors, as well as locked doors. The tutorial for regular doors is correct, I've gotten it to work. All of my locked doors have worked except for the green door/green key. I don't know what the problem is there.

As for the elevators, I haven't gotten them to work either. I spent a couple hours on them today, working straight from the tutorial... I think the tutorial is missing something.. I read through it 3 or 4 times, and built 6 or 7 different levels.. I never did get them to work. Mine worked just like the original poster's... you step on them, they do nothing.

If anybody knows of a different tutorial elsewhere that I could try, I would be appreciative.. as well as some suggestions as to why the green door/key combo doesn't work.

↑ Up to the top!