Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Those Skyboxes
Those Skyboxes
2001-08-20, 6:32 AM #1
I almost have them figured out, but what is the best way to do them? and implement them in your level?
My signature puts the 'hat' in 'phat'.
2001-08-21, 8:46 AM #2
I haven't ever done a sky box. But all it is, is a box that has sky flags and mats all the way around it, with your level inside. Why not just make a big box and stick your level inside?

------------------
Online Gaming Rocks!
To die you must first live, and to win you must first lose....
Do not judge a person by what they do...but rather, what they have done.
2001-08-21, 9:17 AM #3
Actually, you DON'T put the sky flags on it. The way it works is: you have 6 diffrent texures, one for each side of the "box". Then you make a huge box and put the texures on it, then you make your level within that box.

------------------
Man created civilization not because of a will, but because of a need to be asimilated into higher structure of meaning.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

↑ Up to the top!