Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → breaking glass 3do
breaking glass 3do
2001-08-16, 11:59 AM #1
I need help on making a 3do with regenerating breakable glass. I don't know much about templates and cog. Could someone please help me?

------------------
You must bring us a shrubbery!
2001-08-16, 12:10 PM #2
Let me see if I understand you, you want part of your 3do to be breakable glass? I don't think you can do that.

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-08-16, 2:54 PM #3
Not exactly like setting a flag on the 3do, more like making it so that when the glass part is damaged, a buncha shard 3dos replace it.
2001-08-16, 3:53 PM #4
I don't think it will work. I don't think you can have a trigger be a specific surface on a 3do. You will have to do it as architecture.

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-08-16, 6:52 PM #5
well, it needs to move. what about a really thin sector?

------------------
You must bring us a shrubbery!
2001-08-16, 11:42 PM #6
If it can be done, it would require cogging to do it, perhaps you should ask in the cog forum, they should be able to tell you if its possible. Its an interesting idea, But I cant recall it ever being done.

------------------
Always be sincere, even when you don't really mean it...
Spelling, grammar, and puncuation errors, left in on purpose, to give those who like to point them out meaning in life.
2001-08-19, 10:56 PM #7
I could reply on the cog forum, but this place is more populated.

If you make the glasses as a part of world geometry, then you may attach a cog on that surface and let it split into shards touched on whichever surface you like.
If as a 3do, it can only be treated as the whole 3do to be triggered and not any specific surface on it.

Make it like a neon sign in narshaddaa so it receives the damaged message, and in the damaged message let it create shards and let the surface be passable and invisible or something.

------------------
http://millennium.massassi.net/ - Millennium
2001-08-19, 10:59 PM #8
Didn't read the part that it had to move...

World architectures can't move, unless you do some realy tricky stuff like scroll the surface texture and let the surface be passable and next to not passable or something...

Making lots of 3do may do as well.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hideki (edited August 20, 2001).]
2001-08-19, 11:02 PM #9
Ok, maybe I'm not understanding you properly...

------------------
2001-08-20, 12:42 AM #10
Couldn't you just create 2 3do's, one not broken one which is then make a cog so when its damaged it changes to the damaged 3do?
Team Battle.
2001-08-20, 6:26 AM #11
Thats waht i was thinking hellcat, surely you could adapt the destructable barels cog by making it so instead of making the explosion it makes the 2nd 3do?
Remember: If you ever find yourself creating a hostage situation always demand a load of useless items so that you can plead insanity when you get to court.

http://www.ud.2ya.com
2001-08-21, 10:23 AM #12
Not a bad idea, Hellcat, but if gReEn wants the 3do to move, chances are its a vehicle with breakable glass windows. I dont you can get the cog to switch to the 2nd 3do only when the windows are triggered, can you?
Also, I think he wanted the glass to be regenerative...
2001-08-21, 8:08 PM #13
Well, you could consider it a vehicle, although not a vehicle in the sense of the word most people would think of. Each 3do will most likely have 1 pane of glass, and there need to be shards generated, as well as the glass dissapearing. Would the exploding barrel cog work to generate shards, as well as have the glass regenerate?

Oh, and BTW, i'd like to thank everyone for giving me advice, you really don't know how much you've helped me.
2001-08-22, 7:20 AM #14
I havent done too much cogging, but I wonder if you could attach a glass 3do to your original 3do using a cog , give the vehicle 3do a movable script and the glass a breakable script.

Whether that would work or not, youre going to have to write a new cog, because the breaking barrel one just wouldnt cut it by itself.
2001-08-22, 6:13 PM #15
Well, does anyone happen to know the name of the exploding barrel cog so that i can edit it?
2001-08-23, 2:56 AM #16
Would it not be possible to make it of THREE 3do's - non-glass, glass, glass-shards - then make the whole of the glass 3do the trigger for breaking it. It would need some fiddling to get the glass to move correctly wth the non-glass, but it should be do-able i reckon.

------------------
How do you get an evil herbivore?

Evil G

↑ Up to the top!