Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Urgent!!! Changing ammo displays!
Urgent!!! Changing ammo displays!
2001-08-20, 4:03 PM #1
What i need to do is change the type of ammo that is displayed when you select a certain weapon. For instance, say i made the bryar use power cells. I woul need to make the display show my current power cells instead of my current energy cells. Pleez help as soon as possible! Thanx in advance!
Aisha Clan-Clan: "The Ctarl-Ctarl are an invincible race of beings. We're all as strong as ten humans!"
Gene Starwind: "Is that so?"
*Pulls out his Caster Gun and shoots her. She lies on the ground in a daze*
Gene Starwind: "Wow, you really are invincible!"

- Excerpt from 'Outlaw Star,' Episode 5
2001-08-20, 4:07 PM #2
Just change the bin number for ammo in the weapon's cog. The ammo numbers will switch automatically.

Jedi_slayer_1
2001-08-21, 9:25 AM #3
Well, that's actually why i'm posting this; I've had that all along, but it won't put it up there (and if it matters, this is for MotS). For instance, i'm using one of the para_xxx slots, since the bowcaster, repeater, conc, and carbgun don't have an extra weapon on thier hotkey. I made the cogs and everything to put there, and was successful, but it shows the wrong type of ammo, i.e. it put rails up for a shotgun, tough the shotgun uses energy cells.. I guess JK or MotS does matter in this, that's all i can figure.
Aisha Clan-Clan: "The Ctarl-Ctarl are an invincible race of beings. We're all as strong as ten humans!"

2001-08-22, 7:30 AM #4
Yep, i double-checked it. i put a gun in the sequencer slot, so i naturally changed the maximum to 1 instead of 30. Now, when i use the all weapons cheat and activate the gun, it shows a '001' in the ammo display, then after a few tries, i fired it and it then said that i had 0 in the ammo (useful, huh?). In the famous words of JarJar, "Any help here would be hot!"

2001-08-22, 6:07 PM #5
well, what happens if you change the limit from 1 to however much you wat your ammo limit to be?
2001-08-23, 8:57 AM #6
Well, for one thing, you couldn't actually use that type of ammo for more than one weapon, and when that weapon gets used up, you have to find the gun itself all over again. I could set the minimum to 1, but then it might make it a little to easy for the bigger weapons. I'll probably do it that way, though, i guess. Maybe have the gun just unusable, then when you get the powerup, it allows use instead of adding it to the inventory.

↑ Up to the top!