Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Gaahh! There's a hole in mah ship! (3do)
Gaahh! There's a hole in mah ship! (3do)
2001-08-12, 6:06 AM #1
I made this new ship 3do and all works well except on the the front of the nose cone there is a small surface which seems to refuse to show itelf ingame... I looked at in the item editor and everything about it is the same as all the other faces around it, it shows up in the Jed preview, too, but it just seems to not want to appear in the game for some reason. The consistancy checker picks up no errors other than a few overlapping sectors, which I don't think would cause such problems... If anyone has ever had this sort of problem before could you please explain what might cause it so that I can fix it and live happy with a ship without holes in it? thanks!
[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/150.jpg]

------------------
Çðrréç†ìðñ
------------------
"That was more fun than stomp'n baby chickens!"

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited August 12, 2001).]
Do you have stairs in your house?
2001-08-12, 6:11 AM #2
looks to me like the surface has been deleted.
Remember: If you ever find yourself creating a hostage situation always demand a load of useless items so that you can plead insanity when you get to court.

http://www.ud.2ya.com
2001-08-12, 6:56 AM #3
Yes that was my first impression too but as I said it shows up in Jed...
2001-08-12, 8:01 AM #4
Are you sure it shows up in jed? Because the other surfaces around it would make it look like it was there when it wasen't. Try selecting it en jed, if you can select it then it's been deleted for sure... Other than that, i dont really know what could be causing it.

------------------
Generating Electro Vibes™ for the masses on Massassi
Go To: EL3CTROPROSE or DEEPMATRIX
Boba Jules: You ever read the bible TK-421?
TK-421: No?
Boba Jules: Oh, ok...
*BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM*
Generating Electro Vibes™ for the masses on Massassi
Go To: BiTsToRm Forums or L3CY's Topsites
Boba Jules: You ever read the bible TK-421?
TK-421: No?
Boba Jules: Oh, ok...
*BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM*
<EL3CTRO> EXCAUSE ME MISTAR CAERV BUT I LIEK MY PHORUMPHS!
2001-08-12, 9:13 AM #5
yes as I originally said it shows up in the 3d preview and I can select it and again as I said before I have already checked and found that everything in the item editor is the same as the surrounding surfaces that do show, so there must be some sort of error that I am missing that would cause it to be angry in game..
2001-08-23, 10:47 AM #6
This is really late but i just thought of it... could it be some problem with geo flags?? I am not sure if 3do sufaces have geo flags but it is worth a try!
2001-08-23, 2:38 PM #7
heh, that's ok I still have not found the solution.. and thx but no that is not the problem, as I said before (I think this is the third time actually [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] ) all the flags are the very same as every surface around it.
2001-08-23, 2:59 PM #8
So, GEO should read = 4
and u checked the other flags, hmmmmmmmm... Try re-textureing it & redoing all the other flag-a-ma-things (unchecking, and rechecking.) don't know if that will do any good, other than that, send the jed file of the 3do to an experienced person u trust, and maybe they can fix the problem, sorry, I was probably not, much help. =D -Jedi Red 2

------------------
"But how am I to know the good side from the bad?" -Luke ESB

[This message has been edited by Jedi Red 2 (edited August 23, 2001).]
"I don't Question Your Existence." -God
2001-08-23, 5:18 PM #9
No, really I'm at a complete loss here, so any suggestion is some help, Red.. I'll try what you said, though I hate to say it's been so long now I hope I still have that 3do. lol I remember trying to redo the noe cone and I ended up screwing up the whole thing, but I think I do have a backup copy somewhere that is the exact thing you see in the screen shot just not textured, so I'll see if I can find it and attempt to fix it.

↑ Up to the top!