Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Official "What's up with..." Thread.
The Official "What's up with..." Thread.
2004-01-23, 9:14 AM #41
Ok, i'll start from the top:

Evil_Tofu: Jon'C asked for one thing, it wasn't possible so Brian tried the closest approximation.

Gebohq: Last we heard he has a very good reason for being absent, but he doesn't respond to emails now [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

Avenger: It's a mystery

Gonk: after Brian returned he decided that Rod-wan's use of the EC was perfectly valid even if everyone else in the world thinks it's very very... depressing

happydud: Nebula is a unique being who can only post a couple of times a year, he may have a life.

Archimedes: You need to delete a post because believe it or not double and even triple posting does occur accidently, i'm not sure of the reason but i've done it from time to time.

Jaiph: sometimes if your connection isn't too good or there are some packet loss issues, you aren't certain if your submission is correct. or maybe your connection goes down in the process and you aren't sure if it actually worked.

Wolfy: there are no existing moderators who are currently granted reign of terror privelages

Jon'C: double-posting does happen and will continue to, it is accidental no matter how much you believe it is a huge internet-wide conspiracy to irritate you

Jin: [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

MechWarrior: are you refering to things going back to the way they were when you were banned, or further back?

[This message has been edited by DeTRiTiC-iQ (edited January 23, 2004).]
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-01-23, 9:17 AM #42
Things didn't change much during my ban time.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-01-23, 5:59 PM #43
[http://members.dodo.com.au/cscpow/aww.gif] DeT

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-01-23, 6:04 PM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon`C:
Besides, when was the last time people actually deleted their own double posts? They just edit it with "whoops, double post", like deleting it will decrement their postcount or something silly like that.</font>

I delete my double posts

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-23, 6:31 PM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
Wolfy: there are no existing moderators who are currently granted reign of terror privelages</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

You know, back when I was an admin, we were much for generous in our grants of reigns of terror.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-01-24, 5:28 PM #46
[http://www.farmington.k12.mn.us/3ap70s/smiley.gif]
What's up with these topic-stealer-people

------------------
nil nip nada zip zero naught lip zil
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2004-01-24, 5:41 PM #47
WTF! I LOVE IT!

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-01-24, 6:58 PM #48
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
I delete my double posts

</font>

Not anymore.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2004-01-24, 10:14 PM #49
Ok, I did when it was possible to do so.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-24, 10:26 PM #50
Post deletion has been re-enabled.

I would just like to add a small plea from us admins for people not to abuse the feature. If it's used to delete threads a lot then *shrug* it'll go off again.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-01-24, 11:04 PM #51
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon`C:
Besides, when was the last time people actually deleted their own double posts? They just edit it with "whoops, double post", like deleting it will decrement their postcount or something silly like that.</font>

Sorry if I misinterpretted you, but what your saying is the only double posts you see are the ones that have edits, and not deleted... but how does one see a double post that has been deleted?

------------------
Team Battle.
Team Battle.

↑ Up to the top!