Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Who here thinks it would be cool... *Mature-ish warning*
Who here thinks it would be cool... *Mature-ish warning*
2004-01-23, 8:47 AM #41
you know too much about vampire pseudo-lore.......

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-01-23, 8:49 AM #42
Good point but what about the Incubus(sp) or sex vampire. There more into seduction than blood drinking.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-01-23, 9:35 AM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:

The whole 'dieing' aspect is a problem in MMORPGs. If dieing gives a huge punishment, everyone will be too scared to try anything remotely risky, and if there's no punishment everyone will go on suicide missions. To me, the latter doesn't sound so bad, for a GTA-style MMORPG. Of course there'd be advantages of staying alive, but I think it'd be cool if players could act as suicide bombers to attack other gangs. I'd like that.
</font>

my idea has an interesting way t handle dying... when your character is killed you float around the game as a ghost until your body is found and reported to the authorities... while you are a ghost you can choose to hang around your body to scare people away so they don't steal the stuff you had on you when you died or you can float around the world randomly posessing people or just go around giving a random "BOO!!!" ... of course with the option of posessing people you could only posess NPCs

note: when the authorities are done with your body they call in a necromancer (oh come on it's not like i couldn't keep a little bit of magic from leaking into my idea) and you are brought back from the dead... and you will have any stuff in your inventory that was still with your body

------------------
wang is within all

[This message has been edited by DrkJedi82 (edited January 23, 2004).]
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-01-23, 10:39 AM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finity5:
How about an Elder Scrolls: Morrowind MMORPG?</font>

You could fill books with the debates that were held about that topic.

All of them ended up with a big NO.

------------------
"Hass, alkoss, gyarapíts: s a haza fényre derûl!"

-Kölcsey Ferenc
2004-01-23, 12:10 PM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
Nosferatu are horribly disfigured, rumored to have been cursed by Caine for defacing a statue or painting of him.

Now, the only vampires that would truly care about something as discreet as seduction would be the Camarilla, who wish to maintain the Masquerade. The Sabbat, however, couldn't give two ****s about the Masquerade. They'll drink you dry and leave you dead in an alley if they think they won't suffer the consequences. Brujah and Gangrel, though the Gangrel are no longer Camarilla, would probably be the only ones in the Camarilla to rarely, if ever, use seduction.

</font>

I <3 Asamite. Though I know only very little about WoD.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-01-23, 12:25 PM #46
I realise theyre supposed to be all philosophical and intellectual and stuff, but every time i try to imagine a Brujah seduction, it turns into steel-toed boots, a baseball bat, and rohypnol..

Now Toreador or Ventrue i can totally see them going around seducing people all day long.

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
Applecore scowled. "What does that mean, 'real'? Amn't I real, you? If you cut me, do I not bleed? If you piss me off, will I not kick you up the arse?" -War of the Flowers
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');

[This message has been edited by Dormouse (edited January 23, 2004).]
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-01-23, 12:32 PM #47
Yeah, Brujah never seemed to be the "seducing" type. Maybe it's just that I can't picture a female brujah.. it just doesnt seem natural

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-23, 12:52 PM #48
Ha ha. Brujah, in WoD, are not seducers, nor philosphers. They're rebels, punks, and people who generally despise conformity, though apparently not to such a degree that the entire clan will declare its loyalty with the Sabbat. Antitribbu Brujah, however, are not uncommon within the ranks of the Sabbat.

However, Dark Ages Brujah may be more intellectually inclined; having not read that book, I can not say one way or another. Oh, and <3 Ventrue.

MechWarrior - sex vampires and incubi don't exist in WoD, to the extent of my knowledge.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-01-23, 3:36 PM #49
i really cant decide if id rather be a huge crimelord who owns half of a city and has followers or a pirate that does the same in a vast ocean of islands....

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-01-23, 3:43 PM #50
online killing is cool

online realistic killing is better

i want a hatchet

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-01-23, 7:28 PM #51
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:
Thats because one of a vampires primary weapons is the art of seduction.

</font>

Dammit, You found me out-- I'm going to have to bite you now. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Seriously, what would be awesome is some sort of game that is purely multiplayer (like everquest) but is also like GTA3. A combination of these two would be really fun to play.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited January 23, 2004).]
2004-01-23, 8:19 PM #52
Please tell me there is a Slayer involved somehow. Please?

------------------
Young men make wars, and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of old men are the vices of peace: mistrust and caution. It must be so.
-Laurence of Arabia
Yen is but one part of a larger problem in japan's bumbling attempts to pull out of a seemingly endless stagnation -Googlism
2004-01-23, 8:23 PM #53
Hey, now that would rock- a vampire game with a Slayer included in the storyline. This character would have 1.5x the power of the average vamp, and would also be fairly hot!

Only a single slayer at a time would make it pretty sucky for the slayer, though....

------------------
Young men make wars, and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of old men are the vices of peace: mistrust and caution. It must be so.
-Laurence of Arabia
Yen is but one part of a larger problem in japan's bumbling attempts to pull out of a seemingly endless stagnation -Googlism
2004-01-24, 8:17 AM #54
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yen:
Hey, now that would rock- a vampire game with a Slayer included in the storyline. This character would have 1.5x the power of the average vamp, and would also be fairly hot!

Only a single slayer at a time would make it pretty sucky for the slayer, though....

</font>

Sounds like a buffy rip off....

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-01-24, 8:27 AM #55
Actually, there are several threats to vampires. Changelings, or fae, are extremely dangerous to the mental health of vampires. Fae are a reminder to vampires of everything that they have lost and can - so it is believer - never regain. A vampire is considered lucky to walk away sane from a changeling.

A single werewolf can tear through a dozen vampires before going down. Werewolves, or Lupines, serve Gaia, goddess of the earth, and there's little anything else that's not of Gaia than the walking dead.

Then there are the Hunters, normal people who have been "imbued" with the power to perceive Lupines, Fae, Vampires, Wraiths, etc., for what they truly are, and dedicate themselves to eradicating them all from the face of the earth.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"

[This message has been edited by Wolfy (edited January 24, 2004).]
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-01-24, 1:45 PM #56
Yah, and then there are Abominations. Those are always fun [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif].

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-01-24, 4:55 PM #57
Yeah, a Buffy rip off, but with Blade-like brutality and without annoying sidekicks.

Hmmmm, Hunters...

------------------
-Laurence of Arabia
2004-01-24, 5:00 PM #58
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Yah, and then there are Abominations. Those are always fun [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif].</font>

Abominations? Like half-vampire, half-werewolf? Unlikely. Werewolves will kill you the instant they find out you are such a thing. And that's if you're lucky to survive, for 99.9999% of werewolves who become vampires end up dying anyway.

------------------
2004-01-26, 1:26 AM #59
Yah, but as I understand it they have an underground society which protects them. Maybe I'm wrong?? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-01-26, 4:02 AM #60
Perhaps you're thinking of the Black Spiral Dancers, a tribe of Garou that were twisted by the insanity and taint of the Wyrm...?

------------------

↑ Up to the top!