Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Stargate Atlantis
Stargate Atlantis
2004-01-28, 5:14 AM #41
It will be in the same time frame, Micheal Shanks and Richard Dean Anderson are going to guest star in the pilot.

The show has the potential to be kickass, because it's get the same creative team as SG1. But it also has the potential to suck *** like some other spinofffs. Like Voyager. Or Enterprise.

I think they should stop raping Gene Roddenberrys corpse now... but that's off topic.

------------------
TI-MAH!
2004-01-28, 5:40 AM #42
Hey, Voyager rocks.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-01-28, 5:51 AM #43
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] You poor guy. My heart feels for you. Heh, the last season(s) weren't half bad, but the other half was in my opinion.

------------------
TI-MAH!
2004-01-28, 6:48 AM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Krokodile:
As if there was ever a sane time in the world of Stargate!

</font>

Well, there was this one time . . .

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-28, 7:29 AM #45
Stargate was a good series until Season 3 when the 2nd producer left the series to work on another series (which failed [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif] ) But they could do a good spinoff if they build the characters right. Characters have always been the focus point of stargate and if they do them poorly the series if gone. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

http://www.gateworld.net/news/spinoffnews.html#newsitem1075014234,39247,

------------------
Designers have dreams and great idea's, but the coders are who have to get their hand dirty and program everything, they are slaves to the designers will.

-Arkon

[This message has been edited by Freyr (edited January 28, 2004).]
Free your mind, use Open Source.
2004-01-28, 8:50 AM #46
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freyr:
Stargate was a good series until Season 3
</font>

Still is

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-01-28, 8:52 AM #47
Indeed. I've liked the last couple of seasons (right around Anubis showing up) better than the begining because of the bigger overall story.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Avenger (edited January 28, 2004).]
Pissed Off?
2004-01-28, 9:01 AM #48
Yeah.. I hate these super soldier things.. And now theres thousands of them? Meh.. Its leading up to a really good finale I bet

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-28, 9:18 AM #49
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Insipid:
...But it also has the potential to suck *** like some other spinofffs. Like Voyager. Or Enterprise.

I think they should stop raping Gene Roddenberrys corpse now...
</font>

"Enterprise" DOES[/b] suck. HARD. Voyager, however, was a good show. True, I think, to Roddenberry's original idea. More true than DS9, anyway. (Dont get me wrong, though. I loved DS9 too.)

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-01-28, 9:19 AM #50
I didn't like early DS9, but it good rally good in the last few season.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-01-28, 10:34 AM #51
Seasons 1 & 2 of Enterprise were all about the personal problems and drama of the crew. It was ungodly painful. Season three has some redemption. The search for the Xindi weapon in treacherous space has some appeal. That and the fact they finally have photon torpedoes [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-01-28, 10:45 AM #52
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Insipid:
Click
and Click

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume most of the SG1 fans here have heard of this show. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not so sure if the show will last too long on TV. But I hope it does.

</font>

Why am I only just hereing about this?

Film Good
SG1 Great
Infinity Passable (just - the theme tune does it for me)
Atlantis ?

Will it be as "Angel" is to "Buffy" or what "Zoe" was to "Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane"? Only time will tell...

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matthew Pate:
GUY: "Mate, you really Australianed up your Ford!"
GUY 2: "Yeah, I guess it was pretty spowned."
</font>
Originally posted by Matthew Pate:
GUY: "Mate, you really Australianed up your Ford!"
GUY 2: "Yeah, I guess it was pretty spowned."

↑ Up to the top!