Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Yea...so about those Weapons of Mass Destruction....
Yea...so about those Weapons of Mass Destruction....
2004-01-28, 3:19 PM #1
Well...you can see for youself. There MOST LIKELY isn't **** there. Hahah. I knew it.
------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited January 28, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-01-28, 3:20 PM #2
/me gets on his low horse.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-28, 3:21 PM #3
Oh yeah, this will end well.

I'll check back in on page 6.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-01-28, 3:26 PM #4
Whatever. Won't really change anything at this point.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-28, 3:26 PM #5
Hahaha.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-01-28, 3:30 PM #6
If this comes as a suprise to anyone, to you I say: "Nanananana, told you so!"

------------------
BV's rendition of Titanic: Let's have sex. I won't let go. I don't need this stone.
The End.
~ Wolfy
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-01-28, 3:43 PM #7
Ubuu, what the **** is wrong with you? Do oyu really need this drama?? Do we need to start this **** again for the millionth time!?!!? We all know how it's going to end!

Liberal: Bush is a liar, oil whore, mass murderer, evil, hitler, and an idiot.

Conservative: Saddam-lover! You don't love the USA! There are weapons there, you're just blind.

Liberal: Learn how to read!

Conservative: You're so ignorant!

Liberal: I'm ignorant, look at you!

Conservative: Oh, nice one, did you get that form your momma?

Liberal: **** YOU! I know more than your little pea brain, brainwashing mind ever could!

Conservative: Oh yeah, real mature, is "**** you" the best you've got? I can pull better insults out of my ***!!!

Liberal: Oh yeah, show me proof!!

Conservative: No, you show me proof!!

Liberal: If you can't show me proof, then your arguement is null and your an idiot. Homophobe!

Conservative: Burn in hell you god **** communists! You go to hell! You go to hell and you die you retarded ***hole!

Admin: Both of you shut yo god **** mouths before I ****ing ***** slap both of you and pop a cap in both of yo ***es! Fashizzle!

[Conservative and Liberal are now banned and thread is closed]

Now, can we get on with our lives?

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited January 28, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-01-28, 3:48 PM #8
What the **** does any of this have to do with ME? THIS WAR AFFECTS THE WHOLE WORLD. WHEN NEW, IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT IT COMES OUT, I THINK IT IS NESSACCARY PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT. And we all call ourselves mature, so why the **** can we NOT discuss it without doing the bull**** you just did. Now, Jeff hoped this thread will make it to 6 pages at least, so we dont we give a good dicussion for at least that time.

I am mean seriously. Why did you post?

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited January 28, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-01-28, 3:53 PM #9
Where have you been??? Every time something like this gets posted, it becomes a liberal vs conservative war and just one big flame war. You know this. You did it just to start another endless flaming about whither bush is hitler incarnate or not. Let it end.

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
2004-01-28, 3:54 PM #10
Hahaha, its funny. You are the one who has started all the in fighting in this thread. Now I will ignore you. I said my piece about the situation, what is everyone elses?

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-01-28, 3:55 PM #11
You want to know why we can't discuss the matter maturely, Ubuu?

Well, you started this thread off quite maturely by ending your post with this:

"Hahah. I knew it."

Let me know when your ready to discuss the matter maturely and stop trolling, and I'll gladly participate.
2004-01-28, 3:55 PM #12
He really didn't do anything wrong. He was just providing news. Its up to the posters for the flaming.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-01-28, 3:57 PM #13
I'm here for the toast!

In other news, David Kay said that Bush did NOT lie, that he honestly believed there were WMD's and that Saddam was an immenent and gathering threat. It was the intelligence that was horribly flawed. This from the head inspector.

He also said there was interesting stuff talking about Syria in some documents, and that weapon components and programs HAD been moved there, but he didn't know how much.

Also, there's an article on Drudge that says Saddam used oil to bribe Chirac into not supporting the war. So much for the Frogs high moral ground.

------------------
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
2004-01-28, 3:58 PM #14
Wuss: Stop contributing to the misuse of the word "troll.". I didn't troll. I posted important news I felt people who didnt know about should know about. "Hahaha. I knew it."

So?

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-01-28, 4:08 PM #15
Ubuu isn't being a troll and I'm not mad at him(well, kind of), he is just being so short-sighted it's frustrating. And Ubuu, you have to admit you didn't set up the thread to be a nice, civic discussion. You started off with a censored word and a "Naner Naner" mood. Next time, use "Discuss", after the article and I'll have more sympathy. If I wanted to see a flame war, I'd start a thread using an article from the same news source that you got your article that says something a lot different but the end result would be the same: a cluster****.

Char: It's not a good thing to use Drudge as a source. What he says might be true, but he is so right field he's playing Patty Cake with Rush Limbaugh.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited January 28, 2004).]
2004-01-28, 4:12 PM #16
You're right, I did misuse the word "troll." Flame bait describes the attitude in the opening post better. *shrugs* If you want to claim that you weren't trying to stir up peoples' reactions, then whatever.

However, what disturbs me about this issue is the fact that there isn't a greater public outcry over the failure to discover WMD. I'm not saying the outcry should be directly against Bush, per se. Yet the scope of this intelligence calamity is very troubling. I mean, I remember Colin Powell presenting photographs of Iraqi WMD sites to the United Nations... what the heck were those if not what he claimed them to be? Where did all of this supposed evidence come from? Assuming that the American public wasn’t purposely mislead, how could this have happened? Or perhaps worded better: allowed to happen?
2004-01-28, 4:13 PM #17
Typically, the reports he links to are right, though.

I use Drudge and Boortz - a conservative and a libertarian. How's that for variety? Eh? Eh?

------------------
2004-01-28, 4:17 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">But Kay, who supported the war, said the Iraq Survey Group's conclusions did nothing to undercut his belief that Saddam needed to be removed from power.

He said Iraq was in violation of U.N. Resolution 1441, which mandated Saddam to disclose and destroy prohibited weapons.

He said inspectors have found hundreds of cases of Iraqi officials concealing from U.N. weapons inspectors evidence that placed Iraq in clear violation of the world body's resolutions.

He added that Iraq had become totally corrupt after 1998, when U.N. inspections ceased, improving the likelihood that banned weapons could wind up in the wrong hands. </font>
KOP_blujay
Just dancin'...and singin'...in the Force.
2004-01-28, 4:41 PM #19
Whoa, you all need to calm down. Everyone has their own view son the war, and why it should/should not have have happened. Fighting internally is not what we need now, you all have to come to the fact that we've gotten into, what's done is done. We all need to work together and show support for our country.

There was a just cause for this war, for the sake of the rest of the world, the US entered the war to make sure that Saddam didn't have any WMD's. It turns out they probobly don't have any, thank god, and we also put down a tyrant, good for us. Saddam gave us ample reason to think that he was hiding weapons.It's better we went in and found out he didn't, than not go in and give them the opportunity to get them, or keep the ones he might have had and maybe use them against the rest of us.

------------------
Punktkerbe | www.hl2central.net
2004-01-28, 4:57 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
Oh yeah, this will end well.

I'll check back in on page 6.

</font>

Page 6? How naive.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-01-28, 4:58 PM #21
I'm with Ubuu on saying "Hahaha I knew it."

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-01-28, 5:08 PM #22
If there REALLY arent any WMD there, dont get pissed at Bush because it is the INTELLIGENCE who convinced him so.
People say Bush falsely led America into.......
but it should be:
Intelligence falsely led Bush into.......
Since no WMD were found in Iraq, how does anyone know that saddam moved them elsewhere (as in, foreigners such as Syria/Jordan?)
I guess that the absolute truth will take time to learn
And, the war was still worth it because the real murders/Hitlers/liars/evil are gone from Iraq. (which is why we must remain there to secure a government!

That is what I have to say whether you agree or not!!

[This message has been edited by F-Body (edited January 28, 2004).]
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2004-01-28, 5:40 PM #23
Who cares about the weapons anymore? Bush either lied about them, or received bad information about them. If he lied, then he did what 99.9% of politicians do in order to get rid of Saddam. Its not like he lied about getting a **** j*b to cover his own ***, and thats assuming it was in fact a lie.

As for the thread... I cant say I care much if it reaches 6 pages, cus I could not be back for another 3 days, or I could be back tomorrow to check it out. Either way, it will probably be locked by either time.

------------------
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2004-01-28, 6:02 PM #24
Ubuu, I love you, but this sounds very funny coming from you considering you thought Stalin was German. You will never live that down.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-01-28, 6:08 PM #25
You think its worse for a president to lie about his sex life than lie about international affairs/wars? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

Besides, it doesn't matter if Clinton lied, or if lots of politicians lie. It doesn't make it right. (assuming that Bush was lying and wasn't just mistaken)

Here's an interesting article that was released a few days ago concerning the United States justification for going to war:

War in Iraq: Not A Humanitarian Intervention

I'm not sure if I agree with all of its statements, but it's interesting, nevertheless.
2004-01-28, 6:16 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
There MOST LIKELY isn't **** there. Hahah. I knew it.</font>

So, what are you like Master of the universe now? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

Who the heck cares anymore? Saddam's out of power, we -know- he has had weapons, and there was clear evidence he could possibly have them before. Should just be glad the Butcher of Baghdad can't put fear into innocent Iraqis anymore and leave it at that.

Oh I forgot, the right thing is less important than bashing Bush. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-01-28, 8:05 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by F-Body:
If there REALLY arent any WMD there, dont get pissed at Bush because it is the INTELLIGENCE who convinced him so.
People say Bush falsely led America into.......
but it should be:
Intelligence falsely led Bush into.......

</font>

WRONG! Bush put pressure on the Intelligence community to find just enough info on Iraqi WMD's to justify a war, which is why Powell's UN evidence was shaky at best. The Intelligence community was under pressure to give Bush what he wanted. Bush's administration is at fault, not the intelligence community. They did what they were told to do.

------------------
please

[This message has been edited by Schming (edited January 28, 2004).]
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-01-28, 8:13 PM #28
Then I would argue that the intelligence community is still at fault for not having the balls to say what they really found (if they didn't find anything). It's easy to point fingers at the president because he's at the top, but that that doesn't mean that other people aren't just as responsible.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-01-28, 8:21 PM #29
It is not the intelligence communities responsibility to determine how the information is used. They are simply there to provide the government with situations and level of probabilities of a scenario. Bush asked the CIA, NSA, and DIA if Iraq had any WMDs, they responded that it was possible. Bush took it and ran with it.

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.

[This message has been edited by Roach (edited January 28, 2004).]
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-01-28, 9:18 PM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">[Kay] said he did not believe that anyone had pressured intelligence officials to conclude that Saddam's government had banned weapons. </font>

*Krig throws quote onto battlefield and flees back to ISB*

------------------
"Well, it could be worse -- it could be windy!" -popular Canadian saying.
So sayest the Writer of Silly Things!
2004-01-28, 11:05 PM #31
I find it ironic that the guy's name is David Kay, as in David K. as in David Kelly.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.rot13.com" TARGET=_blank>Wnav "Xebxb" Ghbzvara
w_ghbzvara@yhhxxh.pbz</A>

[This message has been edited by Krokodile (edited January 29, 2004).]
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-01-28, 11:55 PM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
If he lied, then he did what 99.9% of politicians do in order to get rid of Saddam. Its not like he lied about getting a **** j*b to cover his own ***, and thats assuming it was in fact a lie.</font>

So you would make this a case of ends justifying means, while comparing going to war with getting a blowjob? because if anything on this page is a load of crap, that's it.

I would challenge you to do a bit'o reading on Jefferson's and Washington's opinions on getting involved with conflicts in the so-called 'old world.' To sum, they like friendship, but don't alliances and treaties. They just plain didn't want to get involved with many of the affairs over there, because that would get the U.S. into a LOT of wars.

Admittedly, changing technology has made this all but impossible, but a point can be made that our government should be much more careful about who's conflict they jump into. Sure, the moral choice would be to side with the 'good' guys, but then the 'bad' guys have every reason to blow you up. And if you can't hold your end of the deal at the end, or you pull out early, maybe because public support goes in the toilet (hint hint), the 'good' guys might want to blow you up too. The idea here is that MAYBE you shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Just something to think about.

------------------
Cynic (sin'ik) n. One of a sect of ancient Greek philosophers who held that virtue is the ultimate goal of life, their doctrine gradually coming to symbolize insolent self-righteousness.

Drink So-Be, and play longer!
Cynic (sin'ik) n. One of a sect of ancient Greek philosophers who held that virtue is the ultimate goal of life, their doctrine gradually coming to symbolize insolent self-righteousness.

Drink So-Be, and play longer!
2004-01-29, 1:51 AM #33
And the US takes it in the face...

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-01-29, 2:08 AM #34
I think the whole damn system is corrupt, really. This government needs an overhaul. My biggest qualm is that we need government financed campaigns, so that we can perhaps the two party system can be undermined a bit. I'm sick of big business stamping out other issues because they've got representatives under their thumbs.

------------------
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing: Fallen Soldier
(no site up yet...)
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2004-01-29, 2:34 AM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by F-Body:
Since no WMD were found in Iraq, how does anyone know that saddam moved them elsewhere (as in, foreigners such as Syria/Jordan?)
I guess that the absolute truth will take time to learn
And, the war was still worth it because the real murders/Hitlers/liars/evil are gone from Iraq. (which is why we must remain there to secure a government!
</font>

Yeah! We can't stop until we find those weapons! Let's go bomb Syria and Jordan! War is great! Freedom for everyone![/b]

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2004-01-29, 3:17 AM #36
"We will wage war to make the world a safer place."

Nice quote from our governement. Oh the irony.

I knew there was nothing there when it was first announced that we were looking for them.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-01-29, 4:42 AM #37
My main beef is with the people, some in this thread, who think that supporting a political party is like supporting a footy team.

The kind of support that involves turning up to 4th division games in the rain, crap stadium, no fans and your team is going to lose 251-15.

You don't know why you're sitting out there on a dirty plastic chair in the cold and rain eating a cold pork pie watching your team getting the crap kicked out of them. All you know is that your parents supported Guildford before you, and your grandparents before them.

But these people will support the Republicans until the day they die. Republican Senators could wander the countryside eating human babies and they'd still vote Republican at the next election.
2004-01-29, 5:26 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GHORG:
My main beef is with the people, some in this thread, who think that supporting a political party is like supporting a footy team.

The kind of support that involves turning up to 4th division games in the rain, crap stadium, no fans and your team is going to lose 251-15.

You don't know why you're sitting out there on a dirty plastic chair in the cold and rain eating a cold pork pie watching your team getting the crap kicked out of them. All you know is that your parents supported Guildford before you, and your grandparents before them.

But these people will support the Republicans until the day they die. Republican Senators could wander the countryside eating human babies and they'd still vote Republican at the next election.
</font>

I'm sorry that you think so, Ghorg. You've yet to offer any sufficient and proven reasons for them to think otherwise. Until then, your posts is pointless and serves no purpose. :P
2004-01-29, 5:46 AM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
(Conservatives and liberals fighting)</font>

Moderate: Would the two of you shut up, please? I'm trying to sleep!

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-01-29, 6:12 AM #40
Well DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody knows saddam diden't have weapons of mass destruction In the first place. *sigh*

------------------
AOTCTC Team Member

Who wants to play
BOOM 3?
http://www.freewebs.com/boom3/
SHOLVAS KREE!

↑ Up to the top!