Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Darth Vader (for all you Hayden bashers) EpIII Spoilers
Darth Vader (for all you Hayden bashers) EpIII Spoilers
2004-02-05, 3:15 PM #1
Here's an edited version of the newest picture of Hayden after he's turned fully to the dark side. This is not the full Hyperspace image, by the way, but if there are any problems, I'll take it down.

[http://blargh.mine.nu/test/194/4.jpg]

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2004-02-05, 3:16 PM #2
Sexy

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-05, 3:17 PM #3
Ew.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-05, 3:19 PM #4
His acting will either make or break it.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-02-05, 3:20 PM #5
hmm.. I'm not sold yet, but this doesnt look bad

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-05, 3:20 PM #6
Hmmmmmmm. *sarcasm*

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-05, 3:22 PM #7
Woah, he looks cool for once.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-02-05, 3:24 PM #8
I think he needs a hug.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-02-05, 3:37 PM #9
He looks a little angry there

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-05, 4:00 PM #10
Angry? He looks dirty. Like he needs a bath.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-05, 4:02 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SG1_129:

</font>

HAHAHAHAHAHA! HA! HAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA--HAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HA! HA! Ha! Ha! Ha. Ha.

Ha.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
2004-02-05, 4:04 PM #12
He's not a bad actor. His previous films can testify to that.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
2004-02-05, 4:04 PM #13
Maybe he has actully learned how to act in the past few months.... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-05, 4:09 PM #14
I can't seem to find a good pic, but that reminds me a lot of an angry Luke from RotJ.

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: Mythos Solais
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2004-02-05, 4:11 PM #15
He looks more like Emperor Palpatine than Palpatine.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-05, 4:11 PM #16
Quote:

</font>

Or we could just get James Earl Jones to do the whole movie and just start it as if Vader is already armored . . . .

The pic looks rather . . . fruity.

------------------
Multiplayer Game Alias: II88BlackOps
JA is awesome!
Corrupted Paths, my WIP for JA. Screens here: http://imagebase.freewebspace.com/photo.html

My quote: "People choose to side with the left, and the others choose to side with the right. I go forward."
2004-02-05, 4:48 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
He looks more like Emperor Palpatine than Palpatine.

</font>

And thus, the twist of Episode III has been revealed.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
2004-02-05, 5:10 PM #18
Looks like Frodo to me...
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-02-05, 5:32 PM #19
Quote:

</font>

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-02-05, 5:40 PM #20
What's up with his left (right on image) eye?

------------------
"At last, we have come to find the truth to our souls. Though, the truth is not what we expected. I now fear my own soul."
"At last, we have come to find the truth to our souls. Though, the truth is not what we expected. I now fear my own soul."
2004-02-05, 5:51 PM #21
It's a scar. You're aware that it's illegal to post Hyperspace images, right?

------------------
You're entering a world of pain.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-02-05, 7:26 PM #22
I'm well aware of the fact that it's illegal to post unaltered pictures from hyperspace. However, this image is altered in more ways than one. I'm revealing nothing more than the official site did on the public page, as shown here:
[http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/img/silos/bth/2004/02/20040205_hypermain.gif]

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
2004-02-05, 7:53 PM #23
Hayden is not a bad actor - I'd chalk up his lukewarm performance in Episode II more to George's directing than anything. Besides, he pulled Vader off quite nicely in the leaked footage.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-02-05, 8:41 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gebohq:
I can't seem to find a good pic, but that reminds me a lot of an angry Luke from RotJ.

</font>

------------------
<Dormouse> there are very few things quite as comforting as smelling like a close friend.

We are only human, perfect in our imperfections. - Erin amie du Dor

<Dormouse> it's really cute in the way that a sherman tank with a fuzzy steering wheel is cute
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2004-02-05, 8:55 PM #25
^
Which is not necesarily a bad thing.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-02-06, 2:27 AM #26
He looks cool... and he's a good actor too... its just the script that sucked.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-02-06, 3:11 AM #27
Lol, he looks a bit like the old school Undertaker from WWF/WWE wrestling.

But yeah, that look pulls off Vader quite nicely...

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-06, 4:10 AM #28
and of course... many actors in EP2 have lots more experience and ability... and that helped to make him into an average actor... a few of his lines are wooden, but he has a couple of good scenes... on another note... does anybody else think he looks a bit like Archi? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-06, 7:02 AM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
Maybe he has actully learned how to act in the past few months.... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

</font>

Nah, he just sucked in Ep 2 b/c lucas did most of the directing and wrote the script.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited February 06, 2004).]
2004-02-06, 7:09 AM #30
freaky

------------------
"Honey, you got real ugly."
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2004-02-06, 7:41 AM #31
I'm still saying that a good bath and a shave would make him seem a lot friendlier. What is it with bad guys and bad higene? (s?)

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-06, 8:11 AM #32
Guys, there is no sense in speculating whether the movie will be good or not from ONE picture. Rather, take a look at the last two movies for your clue... Remember how before EP2 "Attack of the Clones" ("gee, good one George") came out, those friggin imbeciles like Producer Rick McCallum were proclaiming how the movie will be the best thing sinced sliced bread, and that they learned their lessons from EP1...and look what we ended up getting...The most corny love story\dialogue completely devoid of feeling, wooden acting (From actors who we've seen can act quite well!), and CGI overboard(alot of which looked extremely fake and CG...Droid factory anyone?).

George Lucas has lost touch with what audiences want and what genuine elements a film needs. I doubt EP3 is going to raise the bar much higher than AOTC set (end sarcasm). The prequel trilogy has turned me off to Star Wars...and the greatness of what it once was...

Well, at least we have an infinitely better fix of a trilogy in Lord of the Rings...

------------------
The top ten times in history when using the "F" word
was appropriate.....
10) "What the *&%# was that?" -Mayor of Hiroshima - August 1945
9) "Where did all these *&%#ing Indians come from?" - Custer 1877
8) "Any *&%#ing idiot could understand that." - Einstein 1938
7) "It does SO *&%#ing look like her!" - Picasso 1926
6) "How the *&%# did you work that out?" - Pythagoras 126 BC
5) "You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo 1566
4) "I don't suppose it's gonna *&%#ing rain." - Joan of Arc 1434
3) "Scattered *&%#ing showers...my a$$!" - Noah 2114 BC
2) "I need this parade like I need a *&%#ing hole in my head!" -
JFK 1963
1) "Aw c'mon, who the *&%# is going to find out?" - Bill Clinton 1997

[This message has been edited by Agent-Smith (edited February 06, 2004).]
The top ten times in history when using the "F" word
was appropriate.....
10) "What the *&%# was that?" -Mayor of Hiroshima - August 1945
9) "Where did all these *&%#ing Indians come from?" - Custer 1877
8) "Any *&%#ing idiot could understand that." - Einstein 1938
7) "It does SO *&%#ing look like her!" - Picasso 1926
6) "How the *&%# did you work that out?" - Pythagoras 126 BC
5) "You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo 1566
4) "I don't suppose it's gonna *&%#ing rain." - Joan of Arc 1434
3) "Scattered *&%#ing showers...my a$$!" - Noah 2114 BC
2) "I need this parade like I need a *&%#ing hole in my head!" -
JFK 1963
1) "Aw c'mon, who the *&%# is going to find out?" - Bill Clinton 1997
2004-02-06, 8:26 AM #33
Yeah, but Episode III is what everyone has really been waiting for. I think it will be better just because this is what we've been excited about ever since we heard GL was filming the prequel trilogy. Everyone thought that the events in ep III would be what the entire prequel trilogy was all about. Too bad lucas had to go and add the nonsense movies I and II, and then squeeze all the good bits into III.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-02-06, 9:20 AM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
Yeah, but Episode III is what everyone has really been waiting for. I think it will be better just because this is what we've been excited about ever since we heard GL was filming the prequel trilogy. Everyone thought that the events in ep III would be what the entire prequel trilogy was all about. Too bad lucas had to go and add the nonsense movies I and II, and then squeeze all the good bits into III.

</font>

Exactly. The only thing that anybody actually cared about was the turning of Anakin into Vader. The rest of it was candy that could've been done without. We want to see ObiWan get his arse kicked, and we want to see what happens to make him wear the helmet. That's all. It's going to be pretty hard to screw up two things... The rest of the movie could be of a freaking aquarium for all I care.

And for those who say James Earl Jones should be in the uniform throughout the movie, you realize that he indeed WAS NEVER in the uniform to begin with right?

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-02-06, 9:23 AM #35
It's confirmed that James Earl Jones has approximately 10 minutes of dialogue at the end of the movie.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
2004-02-06, 9:31 AM #36
Looks like the dark side has started to warp his face like Palpatine's.

If he's not really a bad actor, he may be being asked to act in a way he can't. Over-emotional, an unconventional kind of attraction to Padme, and bad dialogue to express his anger. The inflections seem off a lot too (like when he says he's gonna go after Dooku now). That's probably Lucas though.

And the thing I wanted to see most in the prequels were Mandalorians, since we have long been told they were a group defeated during the clone wars. Jango Fett: Open Seasons, made up for a bit, but seeing them on-screen would have been cool.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....

[This message has been edited by Bounty Hunter 4 hire (edited February 06, 2004).]
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-02-06, 9:34 AM #37
That's an awful picture... I can only hope that episode 3 won't be TOO bad, but meh... I'm not too excited about going to go see it.

Oh, and agent smith, I love your sig. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-02-06, 9:38 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth J:
It's confirmed that James Earl Jones has approximately 10 minutes of dialogue at the end of the movie.

</font>

Sweet!

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-02-06, 9:55 AM #39
i love him

------------------
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2004-02-06, 10:12 AM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yecti:

And for those who say James Earl Jones should be in the uniform throughout the movie, you realize that he indeed WAS NEVER in the uniform to begin with right?

</font>

Quite true. David Prowse was the guy in the vader costume in the OT, and Jones only did the voice-overs. They got away with it b/c prowse's face was entirely masked and no one could see that his mouth wasn't moving when vader said something.

For anyone that's seen a recent verizon commercial that has jones in it, you would know that there's no way in hell jones himself could wear the suit. He's simply too short fto make a plausable vader.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.

↑ Up to the top!