Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Is it just me, or...
Is it just me, or...
2004-02-09, 7:28 AM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Casperhead:
*gives GothicX a beer* Yes I act dumb. #3-cheers...#</font>
Act? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC information
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited February 09, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-09, 7:30 AM #42
Now that the core of this community has grown up, we just see the younger kids who were quiet like ourselves as idiots. Let us not all forget many of us were in their shoes.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-02-09, 10:06 AM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">rod-nog... recently you've decreased this type of behavior but before that for a while, you tended to put a lot of BS onto the boards...</font>

I joined in 1999. I was 11 years old or so. Now I am 15, a lot has changed obviously.

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-09, 10:09 AM #44
Meh I haven't noticed any diffrence... well the "Post your..." threads are annoying but thats about all.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-02-09, 10:22 AM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
I don't see anything now I haven't seen for the past 7 years. We've always had trolls, always had fights and always had pointless posts.

*shrug*

</font>

Bingo. Maybe you are just starting to wake up to the reality of that, blujay. No disrespect to the mods, but it seemed like most trolls have a free pass here - they REALLY need to cross the line in order to get a banning. (I admit, I got 2 bans previously, and deserved them both...but both were totally blatant. I think little is done against the more subtle trollers).

Anyway, if you need a little pick me up, go visit the forums for different NFL teams, especially the Bears and Eagles - if Massassi were said to have a 7th or 8th grade level board, the NFL forums would be preschool...

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-09, 11:08 AM #46
Back in the day, people got banned for doing just about anything...I mean it was so strict. Now trolls are like LALALALALA! and they get about 9 chances.. I remember when i got perma-banned. I would still be banned if the ban list wasn't cleared. Supposedly, I flamed, and used bad words like wang, and penis!..I never flamed anyone..but that's where the corrupt part comes in... Things have been going down hill, I miss it when ops, admins, mods and regular people all got along and respected the rules, somewhere along the line there was a new rule added saying "Admins don't need to follow the rules"

------------------
Contrafribularities
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-09, 11:13 AM #47
Yeah, um. I would say you should be mature enough to not say 'wang' or 'p3n!s'(poorly obscured in attempt to avoid mod wrath. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] )

Come on, be a little more respectful than that...

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-09, 11:19 AM #48
No the thing is, I hear wang and penis get yelled out all the time, I never really said either of those until maybe half a year ago. I am saying that that ban was bull crap. I never made fun of people, and if I flamed someone I apologized immediatly.

------------------
Contrafribularities
2004-02-09, 11:29 AM #49
Why not spend some time in the WWII trivia thread.

Yeah Massassi has gone down a bit with stupid topics I think because of the lack of contraversy nowadays. I remember our dicussions about Bush, religion, and the best game ever. We should stop complaining and do somethign about it, let's start some contravercial topics!

------------------
*Bjorn*
muhahahha FIRE!!!!!!!! :) :( >:) :D ;(.
hi
*Bjorn*
muhahahha FIRE!!!!!!!! :) :( &gt;:) :D ;(.
hi
2004-02-09, 11:37 AM #50
The forums seem to have gone down hill. But maybe that is because I've gotten older, the old people have left and younger people(with there emotional, untamed, illogical minds) have been replacing them.

(and I mean emotional, untamed, and illogical in relation to me [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif])

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-09, 11:39 AM #51
Let me give an example of what I'm talking about. When I joined, I remember I was a huge hot head and flamed anyone that got within 5 feet of me. I even had a death camp idea. Now I look back and think "Who was that retard? Could someone please beat him to a pulp?" A lot has changed with me.

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
2004-02-09, 11:49 AM #52
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Things have been going down hill, I miss it when ops, admins, mods and regular people all got along and respected the rules, somewhere along the line there was a new rule added saying "Admins don't need to follow the rules"</font>

....yeah ok whatever you say rod. I must have missed that.

Joren - subtle trolls are the hardest to deal with and, indeed, define because they are easily the most defensible since they -don't- cross a certain line. Banning them is a big ol' can of worms.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-09, 11:55 AM #53
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joren DarkStar:

Bingo. Maybe you are just starting to wake up to the reality of that, blujay. No disrespect to the mods, but it seemed like most trolls have a free pass here - they REALLY need to cross the line in order to get a banning.
</font>

It's funny, because most people here think we ban TOO much.

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-02-09, 11:56 AM #54
are those people hippies?

------------------
2004-02-09, 11:58 AM #55
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mscbuck:
It's funny, because most people here think we ban TOO much.

</font>

No, most people you ban think you ban people too much [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
---@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-02-09, 11:59 AM #56
There isn't too much banning going on At least I don't hink so, but I've never really been close to being banned, as far as I know.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-09, 12:00 PM #57
I didn't say every admin doesn't follow the rules, but many ops and admins think they are better then everyone and it pisses me off.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">subtle trolls are the hardest to deal with and, indeed, define because they are easily the most defensible since they -don't- cross a certain line. Banning them is a big ol' can of worms.</font>

Don't start with anything like that. I had proof that a certain admin/op was banning me mostly because he disliked me...but the massassi staff never responded to e-mails...People around here no that some ops/admins are pri*** and that others are nice. Just because they are an admin doesn't mean that they are perfect. They CAN be jerks and break rules, they just don't get in trouble for it. "That op just hates me!" Am I going to get far with that? NO! It's the ops word against mine, and since the ops have more power, they OBVIOUSLY are going to win.

------------------
Contrafribularities
2004-02-09, 12:10 PM #58
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod-Nog:
Don't start with anything like that. I had proof that a certain admin/op was banning me mostly because he disliked me...but the massassi staff never responded to e-mails...People around here no that some ops/admins are pri*** and that others are nice. Just because they are an admin doesn't mean that they are perfect. They CAN be jerks and break rules, they just don't get in trouble for it. "That op just hates me!" Am I going to get far with that? NO! It's the ops word against mine, and since the ops have more power, they OBVIOUSLY are going to win.
</font>

...what has any of that got to do with my comment on subtle trolls?

------------------
2004-02-09, 12:11 PM #59
I thought that was aimed at me...sorry for the argument if it wasn't...and BLAH at you if it was.

------------------
Contrafribularities
2004-02-09, 12:13 PM #60
I can't speak regarding the possible abuse of ops in #massassi as I rarely go there, I should have clarified I was primarily defending admin conduct (you ops are on your own [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] ).

------------------
2004-02-09, 12:29 PM #61
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Quote="Detric-iQ" I still never got to play Yoda's House, i'm kinda disappointed...</font>

Poke me in #tacc sometime and I'll send it to you. I saved a copy of the level comments section as well.

The level itself was nothing special, but the fact that pugler decided to pimp it tongue in cheek as:
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">This groundbreakinglevel is the visual manifestation of George Lucas' Difinitve Vision of Yoda's Dwelling. If his house had ever been shown in a film it would have been exactly like this. Now you can play this incredible piece of the Star Wars saga, created by the self proclaimed "Worlds most revered level designer," Pugler. Let your dreams come to reality as you experience this incredible experience.</font>

was something that about 20 massassians took offense to. The level comments section is hilarious.

↑ Up to the top!