Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Official KOTOR Thread - Discuss the sequel, the current game, etc. -SPOILERS-
The Official KOTOR Thread - Discuss the sequel, the current game, etc. -SPOILERS-
2004-02-04, 3:22 PM #41
I could comment on that strategy. But instead, just look at the guide I posted [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

You know what would have made KotOR more than just a good game? Multiplayer. Hopefully they come out with an expansion pack that has or is multiplayer.

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited February 04, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-04, 5:09 PM #42
Multiplayer or not, KotOR is the best SW game to come around in a long time and I liked it better than BG.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-05, 1:51 AM #43
Thing is about KOTOR - make it Multiplayer, and you've essentially killed Galaxies. KOTOR has all the things people in Galaxies want, storywise.

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-05, 2:24 AM #44
KOTOR is way too linear and content reliant to compete with SWG's market......even as ****ty as SWG is. It's apples and oranges.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-05, 9:02 AM #45
I definitely agree with you as things stand now Jaiph. I only meant to comment that I think many wanted quests in SWG that were as entertaining and involved as the side quests in KOTOR. The quests in SWG are "do this, now go here, now do this, ok, here is your crappy prize." No story, nothing to make you feel involved.

If SWG ever overhauled their quest system, so that it had as much depth as KOTOR's side quests - it would be see a huge number increase. Voice acting would be nice too, but to be honest, even if they reused sound assets like KOTOR did, that still would be too much strain on the servers - I won't hold my breath for it.

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-05, 9:26 AM #46
holding back on the leveling up front....

second time through the game i held back leveling up after lvl 4 (scout) ended up at the end with a character that had an AC of 43ish when i went up against malak...compared with only about 35ish the time before...

best combo i've found...have only played twice....is scout/guardian....currently playing through taris at lvl 3, trying not to go any highier, then i'll save when i leave so i don't have to go through taris again...don't know why but never really liked taris....

(btw the 1.02 patch is out)

------------------
I heard someone say once that the world is a fine place and that it was worth fighting for....I agree with the last part.

People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots website

Rbots
2004-02-05, 9:40 AM #47
Ok, Character-building time!

I had time, and was bored, so I planned out my next character for KOTOR - let me know what you think:

Scout-Guardian:

Scout:
Starting stats:
Str: 14
Dex: 14
Con: 12
Int: 12
Wis: 16
Cha: 14

All Stat level ups will go to Wisdom, at levels 4,8,12,16,and 20, maxing out Wisdom at 21.

I start with Implant Level 1 for feats - the rest for scout I will ignore. At level 4 I automatically get Uncanny Dodge and Implant Level 2. I will use my feat skills from level 1-4 for all 3 in 2 handed weapons, and the third box for Implant, and then hold over my feat from when I level to five - I will stop leveling my scout there.

For Skills, I will start with 16 in Repair, and then next go to 17, and put 2 in Comp use, and then Max Comp use to 30, and then Bring Injury Treatment to 20. This is so I can initially fully repair the HK droid, and then get into systems with less spikes.

When I get Jedi, I will go Guardian (relying on increasing Wisdom for force points), and pick up Lightsaber Mastery Weapon Profeciency with my 2 feats (1 from jedi, one left over). For my force powers, Force Valor and Force wound. Keep in mind, I am going Lightside. With Guardian, I get Jedi defense level 1, and also both Force Jump and Force Sense, which level up with me, so I don't need to worry about those 2.

From there:
Guardian:

Level 2: Force speed level 1
Level 3: Stun level 1 (save feat)
Level 4: Power Attack level 1, shock level 1
Level 5: lightsaber toss level 1
Level 6: Healing level 1 (save feat)
Level 7: Power Attack level 2, lightsaber toss Mastery
Level 8: Jedi Defense level 2 (save force point)
Level 9: Power Attack Mastery, Force Valor level 2, Stun level 2
Level 10: Force Speed level 2
Level 11: Force Resist level 1
Level 12: Jedi Defense Mastery, Healing level 2
Level 13: Toughness level 1, Wound level 2
Level 14: Wound Mastery
Level 15: Toughness level 2, Stun Mastery
Level 16: Valor Mastery
Level 17: Force Resist Mastery
Level 18: Shock Level 2
Level 19: Shock Mastery
Level 20: Speed Mastery

So that's what I got in store. Places where I held over a feat or a FP were because I had to wait until the next level was unlocked.

So my final character will look like:

Scout Level 5/Guardian Level 20
Str: 14
Dex: 14
Con: 12
Int: 12
Wis: 21
Cha: 14

Skills:
Repair: 17
Computer: 30
Injury Treatment: 20

Feats:
Implant Mastery
Uncanny dodge level 1
2 Handed weapon Mastery (dual wield sabers)
Toughness Mastery
Weapon Proficiency: Lightsaber Mastery
Power Attack Mastery
Jedi Defense Mastery

Force Powers:

Force Sense Mastery
Force Jump Mastery
Force Valor Mastery
Force Speed Mastery
Force Wound Mastery
Force Stun Mastery
Lightsaber Toss Mastery
Force Shock Mastery
Healing Mastery
Force Resist Mastery

General idea is to build up and use dual sabers, with an eye on Mantle of the Force and Heart of the Guardian, plus the high usage in Computer to get the Star Forge robe with the least amount of spikes possible.

So, thoughts?

------------------
2004-02-05, 11:13 AM #48
I don't think my link worked, so let me try it again. http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/star_wars_kotor_gch.txt

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-05, 12:50 PM #49
It won't work - gamefaqs doesn't allow direct linking.

But yeah, I saw that, and that influenced my starting stats and ploping all my stat points into wisdom, but the rest I just gathered data and decided on my own path - I decided I disagreed with some of his choices...

------------------
2004-02-05, 12:51 PM #50
Works for me.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-10, 1:55 AM #51
Anyone know how to kill Bendak Starkiller without getting DS points? I won the duel with him (tough SOB at level 4), and got dark points to boot.

------------------
2004-02-10, 6:03 AM #52
You could try talking to Zax at the bounty office and getting the info about the job first. Since Bendak (as far as I recall) is a Government bounty, you shouldn't get Dark Side points for it. I haven't actually tried doing this myself, though.

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"We interrupt this program again, A. to annoy you, and B. to provide work for one of our announcers."
2004-02-10, 6:13 AM #53
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joren DarkStar:
Anyone know how to kill Bendak Starkiller without getting DS points? I won the duel with him (tough SOB at level 4), and got dark points to boot.

</font>

you're killing someone for money....your going to get DS points for it no matter how you go about doing it, i tried fighting him outside the ring but he wouldn't, have to always fight him in the ring...

to be honest the rewards (ie bendaks pistol) are hardly worth the effort.

try doing it at lvl 3....now thats fun [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
I heard someone say once that the world is a fine place and that it was worth fighting for....I agree with the last part.

Rbots website

Rbots
2004-02-10, 6:18 AM #54
When I first arrived on Korriban, I had Juhanni as one of my characters. Shortly after exiting the hawk, some Mandalorian soldier comes up and begins conversing with Juhanni. Apparently, he tried to buy her from a slave block, and asks the player (you) if you are willing to sell her. You can say yes, but of course, she doesn't allow you to sell her, threatens the Mandalore, and he runs off, claiming he will be back. I really wanted to sell her, too. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] The whole conversation is pretty funny, and it earned me some dark side points, as well as getting cat-woman ticked off. My question is, does he ever pop up again? I finished the game, and never saw him again.
2004-02-10, 6:47 AM #55
Xor (the slaver) does show up again later on, unfortunately it seems pretty random when and where. I have heard that if you don't finish this side quest before you get your third Star Map, then you'll never get to finish the plot line as he doesn't appear again.

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"We interrupt this program again, A. to annoy you, and B. to provide work for one of our announcers."
2004-02-10, 6:53 AM #56
Heh, that's like when you tell Carth to get lost, he never does! He always replies with something that doesn't even make sense.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-02-10, 9:11 AM #57
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joren DarkStar:

</font>

A few darkside points fopr that won't hurt you if you you're trying to go light.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-02-10, 9:12 AM #58
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by James Bond:
to be honest the rewards (ie bendaks pistol) are hardly worth the effort.

</font>

But the credits are. 300 for the bounty and 1000 for the duel.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-02-10, 11:02 AM #59
Yeah, I just pelted him with grenades at level 4 and saved a lot. *shrugs*

------------------

↑ Up to the top!