Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What the hell - Astrology.
What the hell - Astrology.
2004-02-10, 2:50 PM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
Astrology is completely fake. Whens the last time you saw a one or two star horoscope in the newspaper? That alone should clue people in, because we all have really bad days.

</font>

I see plenty in the papers I read.

------------------
Baby Mama's Drama
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2004-02-10, 2:57 PM #42
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
That's funny, because horoscopes are extremely vague to the point of almost being applicable to anything and everything.</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Checksum:
Long story short, it's just not working for you because you're not letting it work for you.</font>

Case solved.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-02-10, 3:29 PM #43
Today will not be like any other. Be careful of someone who might not like you; this person may try to harm you soon. If you find yourself at a crossroads, choose the one you think best.

Wow. I must have precognition.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-11, 3:21 AM #44
<3 James Randi.
2004-02-11, 6:52 AM #45
Quote:
Read between the lines, look at the context.
You have to interpret these things.
Long story short, it's just not working for you because you're not letting it work for you.</font>
I'm trying to be open minded to a new idea, but there's nothing "between the lines" for me to interpret. How exactly am I supposed to interpret it?

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-11, 7:54 AM #46
Quote:

I, personally, believe in it because it's accurate to the point of creepy.
</font>

Generally, I've found astrology accurate, as it predicts things like "This week, something will happen."

So far, I've not seen anything that was forcasted come true... for example, I was told that I'd get a new boyfriend 5 months ago... which is odd because I'm not gay... which doesn't explain why I was reading cheesy teenage girl magasins...

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-02-11, 12:44 PM #47
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Impi:
I don't believe in astrology, but you know how sceptical we libras are...
</font>

heeeeeee.

But anyway.. I think Flexor might be on to something here.. I'd never thought about that before, actually, but I figure that in pre-industrial times then the different times of the year would very much affect people's lives, growing crops, and collecting crops and sosuch. So a child born late in the year would have its first experiences of a bitter winter, and sparse food, whereas a child born around spring time would have its first experiences of a crop being collected and having plenty of food.. That could have some sort of psychological implication that could affect the child's personality from that time on..

But of course, after industrialisation, it really didn't matter when you were born, there would be a steady income (or lack of) throughout the year, and so the 'horoscopes' would be meaningless. Though post-industrial society has only existed for the last 150 years or so, so it isn't surprising that pre-industrial traditions have lingered on.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935

↑ Up to the top!