Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → British Aren't Afraid of Boobs
British Aren't Afraid of Boobs
2004-02-09, 4:06 PM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
Plus...you know...she was wearing a nipple cover....people generally wear them when Mr Breast is coming out to play.

</font>

Shouldn't it Mrs. Breast? We are being somewhat PC here. We don't want to offend any breasts.

------------------
"Buildings that we have created to be aesthetically pleasing are slaughtering birds."

[This message has been edited by Nubs (edited February 09, 2004).]
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-02-09, 4:23 PM #42
Again, picture?

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-09, 4:31 PM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nubs:

Shouldn't it Mrs. Breast? We are being somewhat PC here. We don't want to offend any breasts.

</font>

In the year 2004, we call her Ms. Breast. That is the most PC way. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
2004-02-09, 4:33 PM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
Like I said, it was an honest mistake.

</font>

Her nipple was covered with a silver star thing. If it were a mistake, would she have gone to such lengths?

As for the whole incident, I agree that the Super Bowl isn't the place for such things to happen, but seeing a boob is not the end of the world.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

[This message has been edited by Avenger (edited February 09, 2004).]
Pissed Off?
2004-02-09, 4:48 PM #45
Wolfy, I can't believe you think that was an honest mistake. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] It was a publicity stunt, like Jaiph said. Plus, I never saw the superbowl, but I saw censored replays on the news, and there is NO way that could be a mistake. The way Justin does it.. it's just.. *so* not a mistake.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-02-09, 4:52 PM #46
I'm not 100% sure it -wasn't- an accident that her breast was exposed, but the presence of the nipple cover thingie is certainly interesting.

Either way though it was a pathetic publicity stunt anyway...it's just a question of how pathetic.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-09, 5:16 PM #47
Since there have been requests for a pic, I dug this one up off Fark.

WARNING: Cleavage! You have been warned.

http://photopile.com/photos/darkjohnson/family/88783.jpg

Ignoring the cheap humor, looks moree like a piercing than a nipple cover to me.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-09, 5:18 PM #48
Maybe its for protection. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-09, 5:22 PM #49
I stand corrected, not a nipple cover then. In that case definitely an accident.

Anyway, I'm going to wash my eyes out now, brb.

------------------
2004-02-09, 5:31 PM #50
Here's what needs to be done: the FCC needs to fine CBS, MTV, and Janet Jackson. Everyone needs to shut up because this is so trivial it's ridiculous(and some may think it's ridiculous that it's trivial). **** happens. Scoop it up and move on.

------------------
"What I find especially funny are the neo-Celtic religions based on accounts made by the Romans. It's like learning about Judaism from Nazi lore." --stat
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-09, 5:50 PM #51
I'm not scooping that up...

------------------
2004-02-09, 7:54 PM #52
Schming is full of truth this thread.
Children see breasts when they are nursing, so why a few years later is it suddenly wrong to see them at all. Or something.
People did complain about the Lady Liberty statue in the supreme courthouse, our lovely boy Ashcroft covered up her bare breast.

[about some fundamentalist movie review site which amuses me more than a little at times. in reference to "excessive breast exposure, repeatedly" cited in pirates of the carribbean]
[0801:2210.30] <@Dor|Hwaet> i think generally the opinion is that if you see the top half of a woman in a movie, there's some breast exposure just automatically
[0801:2211.44] <@Dor|Hwaet> there's a lady statue with exposed breasts downtown in a little plaza on the side of 4.street. she's holding a baby, and there was a fuss about it.. so they turned her around so her breasts don't face the street anymore
[0801:2212.30] <@Dor|Hwaet> they were worried it would distract drivers and they'd get in accidents i think..
[0801:2212.57] <@Dor|Hwaet> it was a really big deal a couple years ago

[edit: That original link, that picture of that model, ick, just soo totally doesn't look anywhere near good..]

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');

[This message has been edited by Dormouse (edited February 09, 2004).]
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-02-09, 8:33 PM #53
I truely doubt it was a mistake. She was wearing a sun-style nipple shield, most people who pierce their nipples don't just wears those unless they're planning on showing them to someone.

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-02-09, 11:09 PM #54
new sig!

------------------
/end boob rant
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2004-02-09, 11:13 PM #55
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-10, 3:15 AM #56
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Roach:
I truely doubt it was a mistake. She was wearing a sun-style nipple shield, most people who pierce their nipples don't just wears those unless they're planning on showing them to someone.</font>

Maybe she had plans after the show [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-10, 3:29 AM #57
Look at how tight the other breast is though, those spikes on the end of the shield thing would've definitely hurt to just wear like that. She could've just put it on afterwards. THat would have been very uncomfortable, it was obviously an elaborate plan.

Don't you think if it wasn't planned, she would've:
1) Done something when Justin grabbed her outfit like that
2) Would've had a less fake head shake reaction
3) Would've COVERED herself instead of keeping her hands on her stomach? She didn't even move her hands! Because she expected it.

I just wish people would shut up about it, it's over and done with. The way I feel about it is exactly as Jaiph said. However since she wasn't wearing a pasty like it's been said, she should be fined for indecent exposure since her nipple is actually viewable.

Between Michael and now Janet, I'm so sick of hearing about the Jacksons.

As for the title and Brits not being afraid, so what? We'll live how we live in America, and Brits can leave how they live. Obviously WE must be doing something right, considering we've kicked their English butts and then had to save them from Germany!

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-02-10, 3:47 AM #58
The Jackson Family in general is just messed up... maybe its a genetic thing.

------------------
Don't be unwise judge me not by my size. You wont believe your eyes watch the xwing rise!
2004-02-10, 3:48 AM #59
Over here it's much less of an issue. On local channels you can see complete nudity in the middle of the day, or even occasionally in the morning while kid's shows are airing on other channels. I never understood why it's so bad to allow children to see a perfectly healthy human body, while it's concidered much more acceptable to see people tearing eachother's intestines out.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-02-10, 3:53 AM #60
breasts are one of the first things an infant sees and interacts with... i don't see why they aren't on daytime tv at all (i just mean breasts here, like, on their own, not the kinda stuff you'll see done to them if you search here long enough).

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-10, 3:57 AM #61
She actually stated that it was a stunt after the show. She just "forgot to put her bra on".

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-02-10, 4:19 AM #62
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
Obviously WE must be doing something right, considering we've kicked their English butts and then had to save them from Germany!</font>

Grow up.
2004-02-10, 4:23 AM #63
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
while it's concidered much more acceptable to see people tearing eachother's intestines out.</font>

Where is that though? There's a reason why there are rated R ratings on movies, true most parents don't care about it, but they're there for those that do. Same thing with sex, if a parent wants to subject their kid to seeing it, then that's their choice rating or not.

Frankly violence is just more widely excepted because a kid has to grow up with violence one way or another. What's your kid gonna see more in elementry school, other kids fighting or having sex? So obviously no matter what violence is going to be introduced to them one way or another ASAP.

However sex and the emotions it can bring up is better fit when the kid actually understands what the emotions are.

That's just how I see it though. I dunno really.

I just want to stop hearing about Janet. And really this brings about alot of hypocriticism on the news. I mean they'll censor a tiny version of that video, and then they'll play a full size clip of Victoria's Secret fashion show. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
2004-02-10, 4:42 AM #64
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon`C:
Grow up.</font>

Seconded.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-10, 4:43 AM #65
Quote:
Grow up.</font>

Third and moved for pass

------------------
Don't be unwise judge me not by my size. You wont believe your eyes watch the xwing rise!
2004-02-10, 4:54 AM #66
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Where is that though? There's a reason why there are rated R ratings on movies, true most parents don't care about it, but they're there for those that do. Same thing with sex, if a parent wants to subject their kid to seeing it, then that's their choice rating or not.</font>

Yes, but seeing breasts is not seeing sex. I agree completly with you about sex but seeing boobs isn't going to harm anyone.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
---@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-02-10, 5:44 AM #67
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:

Third and moved for pass
</font>

Vetoed. Whoo-hoo for presidential power! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Additionally, that's quite a poor nipple shield, considering that it encircles the nipple.

Breasts may not be sex, but, in America, at least, they are generally considered sexual. I think that there should be some relaxations in policy regarding sex - anyone recall the hooplah about introducing the topic of masturbation into sexual education? However, I don't think breasts should be allowed on basic, non-cable TV.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-10, 5:54 AM #68
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
anyone recall the hooplah about introducing the topic of masturbation into sexual education?

</font>

You saying it's not in there? O_O

------------------
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-02-10, 5:55 AM #69
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Schming:
Joren, I think we actually do agree, just I read your thing earlier wrong.

This kind of stuff doesnt belong on basic channels, ABC,NBC, and the like, nor does it belong on something like the Superbowl where 90% of Americans watch it.

I have no problem with it being on at night on cable stations (not premium stations mind you), but I do agree that basic cable should be regulated, at least during primetime AND even moreso when you have such a large viewing audience of different age groups.

Now, if the superbowl was aired on TNT... people pay extra to get TNT. It's their choice.

</font>

Ah, ok. Yes then. I do agree with that.

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-10, 6:34 AM #70
Jeff mentioned it before, but she was wearing a nipple shield. Nipple shields are not really worn on a daily basis on only for...special occasions... and the like.

I doubt Ms. Jackson would have worn the nipple shield had she not intended for it to be seen that day.

(and, wolfy, nipple shields aren't meant to cover them, but to surround a pierced one decorativley)

[This message has been edited by Yossarian (edited February 10, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Yossarian (edited February 10, 2004).]
Those bees all have paws!
2004-02-10, 6:41 AM #71
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Obviously WE must be doing something right, considering we've kicked their English butts and then had to save them from Germany!</font>

If you're talking about the Revolutionary War, I'd hardly consider it a butt-kicking.. more like a miracle. Also, they saved their own damn butts when it counted most, prior to the Battle of Britain.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-02-10, 6:56 AM #72
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
You saying it's not in there? O_O</font>

No, it's not. My sex education was crap. We learned nothing of menstruation, the prostate, testicular cancer, masturbation, and probably some more things that I can't remember right now.

To summarize, it was "insert male genitalia here and wear a condom."

------------------
2004-02-10, 7:24 AM #73
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
What's your kid gonna see more in elementry school, other kids fighting or having sex?</font>

Any more? Both..

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-02-10, 7:47 AM #74
You cant say masturbation in public schools silly!

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-02-10, 7:51 AM #75
That's really really sad. In our sex ed there was a whole module on it, and they even explained how to do it in case you're really st00pid. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2004-02-10, 8:39 AM #76
What? Like...

-- Get wang.
-- Rub.

Anyway, I think I'd see melons with bits on rather than Richard and Judy in the morning. It really shouldn't have been "OMQ BOOBIES!!!1111"

------------------
The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-- Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, The Father of Rocketry
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-02-10, 9:07 AM #77
Boobophobics!

------------------
Or then not. --FastGamerr/Nikumubeki
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-02-10, 9:18 AM #78
Quote:
Grow up.</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif] I say a joke and you take it like that, you grow up first and then talk to me, k?

------------------
2004-02-10, 9:22 AM #79
Accidental or not, it still doesn't matter. People are blowing this way out of proportion.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-02-10, 9:35 AM #80
Yeah, this will certainly rank up there with what happened to emila airheart and who really shot JFK.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
"In the memory you'll find me. Eyes burning up.
The darkness holding me tightly.
Untill the sun rises up."
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*

↑ Up to the top!