Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → First shot of the new "bad droid dude" From Ep. 3
First shot of the new "bad droid dude" From Ep. 3
2004-02-11, 12:43 PM #1
[http://theforce.net/books/images/boba-fett-5.jpg]

Discuss

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-11, 12:51 PM #2
Not impressed. He's a droid. Tell me, how sinister can a droid be? It only reaches a point. There's IG-88 sinister, but that's as far as it goes, as far as I'm concerned. IG-88 sinister cannot compare to Sith-sinister, no sir.

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2004-02-11, 12:54 PM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MadQuack:
Not impressed. He's a droid. Tell me, how sinister can a droid be? It only reaches a point. There's IG-88 sinister, but that's as far as it goes, as far as I'm concerned. IG-88 sinister cannot compare to Sith-sinister, no sir.

</font>

HK-47 was pretty damn evil.....ok maybe not in a sinister way.

Do you think this droid will also call humans meatbags? I think I'd completely forgive Lucas for Jar Jar if that were the case...

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-11, 12:59 PM #4
Lucas will gain mass redeem poins in my book if any droid in movie/book calls humans "meatbags"

HK-47 > all droids

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-02-11, 2:02 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">HK-47 > all droids</font>

Except R2D2 and C3PO...
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-02-11, 2:09 PM #6
Um.. Explain something to me. That's Jango Fett... Jango Fett had his head liberated from his body.

Yeah. A droid as an arch evil guy during the Clone Wars? Dumb idea. I think you should hav had the clones, the remaining jedi, Padme, Anikan and Obi, Dooku and Palpy. That should have been most of the major cast.

I already planned out a great ending for it. Or even mid point.
Dooku is on the floor wheezing and wounded after an intense saber duel with Ani, and Palpatine was watching from the shadows. He comes out and says "Anikan.. strike him down, and join me in your rightful place at my side. Together, we can rule the galaxy as Master and Student..."

It would have been a perfect near-ending, or turning point for Ani, and then after that he slaughters all the jedis.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-11, 2:17 PM #7
and then lives in an evil autocracy for the rest of his evil life.

gotta love the vader!

ZERO1979

------------------
AQUATAINE
-Played our first gig. We rocked, had the biggest crowd of the night and raised £270 for Epilepsy Action.

AQUATINE is: Jamie, Tom, Liz and Matt (2004)
Infamous and rented

ZERO1979
2004-02-11, 2:22 PM #8
I must be missing something. There's a droid in that image? I'll assume it's the one in the center. That center figure does not really look like a droid, and since when do droids wear clothes?

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-02-11, 2:25 PM #9
Hmm.. A New Threat.. A New Hope..

??

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-11, 2:34 PM #10
What a pussy. I do, however, like the tin can-looking fellow on the right, who harkens back to the days of silly science-fiction.

------------------
Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-02-11, 2:38 PM #11
Did anybody else catch the cheesy rhyme?

Boba Fett! A NEW THREAT!! *drum roll*

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-02-11, 2:54 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tracer:
What a pussy. I do, however, like the tin can-looking fellow on the right, who harkens back to the days of silly science-fiction.

</font>

GORT! Klatuu Barada Nikto!

------------------

My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-11, 3:14 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by happydud:

</font>

<3

That is seriously among the best Sci-Fi movies of all time. I'd love to have like, a life size cardboard cutout of Gort.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-02-11, 3:22 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tracer:
What a pussy. I do, however, like the tin can-looking fellow on the right, who harkens back to the days of silly science-fiction.</font>

He was in Episode 2, briefly and pointlessly.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-02-11, 3:28 PM #15
I hope Lucas doesnt screw this one up as well. Oh who am I kidding, there is no hope for ep. 3 [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
2004-02-11, 3:47 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:
Quote:
HK-47 > all droids</font>

Except R2D2 and C3PO...[/b]

Are you kidding? Please tell me you're kidding. Really. If you're not, we'll have to hurt you.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-11, 3:57 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:
Except R2D2 and C3PO...</font>

Are you telling me a trash can that beeps and a steel/bronze walking robot that pisses & moans all the live long day are better than HK-47??

[fixed quote tag stuff]

[We really need a preview button]
------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>

[This message has been edited by Gandalf1120 (edited February 11, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Gandalf1120 (edited February 11, 2004).]
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-02-11, 4:13 PM #18
Don't diss Artoo. Any character that can pass off "whistle beep fart" as not only a valid language but as carefully scripted character development should be considered a virtual tour de force in screenwriting. He's not sinister but... what character from Star Wars honestly is? Even Vader's evil was tainted by his heart of gold hidden under that broken 8 track player taped to his chest. And Boba Fett was nothing but a nice costume until the fans got hold of him.

However, I will not defend C-3PO but I will admit the actor must have been relatively badass to survive filming in that suit out in the desert for those Tatooine scenes.
2004-02-11, 4:22 PM #19
Hey, R2D2, C-3PO and Gonk are the top low-budget robots I've seen.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-11, 4:30 PM #20
WEEGEE!!

------------------
2004-02-11, 4:31 PM #21
4-LOM > Most

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-02-11, 4:32 PM #22
I think he'd look pretty cool if his nose weren't blatantly phallic.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-02-11, 4:32 PM #23
Gonk > R2D2 + C3PO > IG88 > All other droids

------------------

My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-11, 5:46 PM #24
Quote:

</font>

Ironically, Klatuu and Barada both work for Jabba and they are of the Nikto race! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Try not, do; or do not.
Math is infinitely finite, while the universe is finitely infinite. PI = QED
2004-02-11, 6:17 PM #25
I like the looks of the droid guy.

Happydud, not to burst your bubble, but Anakin will never ever be able to beat Dooku. It's just the natures of their styles.

It will not happen. Ever.
2004-02-11, 6:23 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
I think he'd look pretty cool if his nose weren't blatantly phallic.</font>

He has no nose, that's his mouth.

I think he is pretty cool looking.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-02-11, 7:33 PM #27
Quote:
Gonk > R2D2 + C3PO > IG88 > All other droids

</font>

You left HK of your list. That's just not cool

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-02-11, 7:43 PM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Checksum:

Happydud, not to burst your bubble, but Anakin will never ever be able to beat Dooku. It's just the natures of their styles.

</font>

Too true, only another pokemon can truly defeat one.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-11, 8:56 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Checksum:

</font>

... You *do* realize Anakin beating Dooku is in the script, right?

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-02-11, 9:05 PM #30
Psycho Dark Force Rage > any lightsaber style fighting by anyone

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-02-11, 10:49 PM #31
You guys realize this may be just EU stuff? Read the comic books and you'll know it.

------------------
* Seb goes around singing "I'm too sexy for my body"
* Wolfy goes around singing "I'm too sexy for Seb's body"
* Cave_Demon steals Seb's underwear (underwear stolen: 39)
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-02-11, 11:08 PM #32
It's been confirmed that one of the villains in Episode III is a droid general, so it's a good bet that's what he'll look like.

art
2004-02-12, 2:00 AM #33
Am I the only one who's bothered by the low quality photoshop of that cover?

I really hope that the Driod general doesn't look like that.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-02-12, 2:01 AM #34
Its a nice robot but I'm far better... just compare our operating systems I bet you he can't even calculate two reasons why UT2004 = pure sex while I can calculate 1000 pur second.

------------------
Don't be unwise judge me not by my size. You wont believe your eyes watch the xwing rise!
2004-02-12, 2:54 AM #35
the middle's head reminds me of a Death's Head Mask from one of the books

------------------
<Genki> oh, where are you going, with beards all a waggin, no knowin no knowin what bring dear Mr. Baggins, and Balin, and Dwalin, here down in the vally Ah ha!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-02-12, 3:29 AM #36
Quote:
Um.. Explain something to me. That's Jango Fett... Jango Fett had his head liberated from his body.

Yeah. A droid as an arch evil guy during the Clone Wars? Dumb idea. I think you should hav had the clones, the remaining jedi, Padme, Anikan and Obi, Dooku and Palpy. That should have been most of the major cast.
</font>

1) That is Boba Fett in Jango's armor. Mystery solved. How it came to be repainted is a story I am certain they will be telling in the future.

*SPOILERS*

2) General Grevious will actually get little screentime, and will be gone by midway through the film, so he is hardly an arch nemesis.

3) Dooku dies in the film early as well. VERY early. Make no mistake - Anakin is the main villian in this film; not any of the supporting cast.

------------------
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 2-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2004-02-12, 5:46 AM #37
I think Episode III will kick lots of booty.

------------------
[Insert witty anti-signature here.]
Nouveau Vintage
2004-02-12, 6:10 AM #38
what is HK-47?... and what is Gort?
me so confused
2004-02-12, 6:43 AM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joren DarkStar:
1) That is Boba Fett in Jango's armor. Mystery solved.</font>

Not really, Boba was only about ten in AOTC, and E3 takes place about 2-3 years later. I doubt Boba has grown to his father's size by the age of 13, unless he was like the Clones and had accelerated growth. Which Lama Su said he didn't.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-02-12, 10:34 AM #40
but how do WE know he didn't ask for it?

------------------
<Genki> oh, where are you going, with beards all a waggin, no knowin no knowin what bring dear Mr. Baggins, and Balin, and Dwalin, here down in the vally Ah ha!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!