Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Indiana Jones 4 delayed...or stalled...
Indiana Jones 4 delayed...or stalled...
2004-02-20, 11:32 AM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
At least Speilberg won't let the project turn to a pile of crap.

</font>

You obviously never saw A.I.

------------------
You're entering a world of pain.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-02-20, 11:45 AM #42
Do you see your logic there Avenger *And this is for all Massassian's*

Speilberg has already acheived "At least speilberg won't let the project turn to a pile of crap" - meaning he's already succeeded no matter what he does with Indy...when all of Speilberg's movies haven't been good...

Lucas has already failed...

Typical
2004-02-20, 11:52 AM #43
its probablys a movie you'll go and see, not think was fantastic, but not feel robbed at the same time.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-20, 11:52 AM #44
Not saying all his movies are good, but a lot more of his movies are good than other producers or directors.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-20, 12:33 PM #45
As much as I love Indy, I'd rather let the series die than see a 60 yr old man trying not to break a hip.

I'd say a recast was in order.....but I just can't see anyone really filling that role.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-20, 12:36 PM #46
and thats when the CG Indy sparks start to fly within lucas [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-20, 12:50 PM #47
What could Indy do now? Help reconstruct Germany?

I don't think so . . .

------------------
Multiplayer Game Alias: II88BlackOps
JA is awesome!
Corrupted Paths, my WIP for JA. Screens here: http://imagebase.freewebspace.com/photo.html

My quote: "People choose to side with the left, and the others choose to side with the right. I go forward."
2004-02-20, 12:59 PM #48
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
What could Indy do now? Help reconstruct Germany?

I don't think so . . .

</font>

Best laugh I've had all week! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-02-20, 2:02 PM #49
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth J:
You're all missing my point. My point was that you are all bashing ONE MAN, George Lucas, for everything negative that happens. It's not all his fault. I'm not perfectly satisfied with everything that's happened in the new movies, but I'm not going to lay blame on just one person, and condemn him to hell for it. The article that says Indy 4 has been canceled didn't even name Lucas as the one holding back on the script. But naturally, it's all his fault, because he made a couple bad movies.

</font>

[http://www.sorrowind.net/tmu/jarjar-s.jpg]

[This message has been edited by Thrawn42689 (edited February 20, 2004).]
2004-02-20, 2:48 PM #50
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"The short and simple version of the INDIANA JONES 4 situation is that after more than a year of working closely with Steven Spielberg developing the story, I had completed a screenplay that Steven loved and was hoping to shoot in July of this year. However, George Lucas had issues with the script and slammed on the brakes in order to rework the material himself."</font>

Indy 4 is going to suck hard.

Lucas has never been a good writer/director. Ever. There's a very good reason why the academy hates him (he even devoted a few pages of his autobiography to complaining about it).
Lucas is a businessman. He came up with an idea to make a lot of money: A special effects movie and a lot of toys. After he managed to start this franchise off and could fund all of the sequels out of his own pocket, he stepped aside... until he started to go senile and thought he was a real director.

So, basically George Lucas is to filmmaking as Bill Gates is to programming.

[This message has been edited by Jon`C (edited February 20, 2004).]
2004-02-20, 3:07 PM #51
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth J:
You're all missing my point. My point was that you are all bashing ONE MAN, George Lucas, for everything negative that happens.
</font>

He's the writer AND the director. Who else should people blame?

PS: Hi everybody!

------------------
cantina.cloud

[This message has been edited by Speak (edited February 20, 2004).]
cantina.cloud

↑ Up to the top!