Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tax breaks? Give me a ****ing break...
Tax breaks? Give me a ****ing break...
2004-02-19, 11:48 AM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">No matter what your opinions are, MY GOD MAN, how do you take care of a $7,000,000,000,000 national debt?</font>

Mug Bill Gates.

------------------
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-19, 11:53 AM #42
You can't really blame Bush for the state of the economy, at least the economy that matters to 99% of us. He alone is just to inept to really have any effect on the nation. I only blame his tax cuts for effictively diminishing the power of the government to ACTUALLY fix the economy. What is actually causing the economic slump is the high unemployment rate. I laugh how Bush points to the Dow Jones average (it has only gone up in the past 6 months) and claims that the economy is recovering; that measure is only important if you're rich. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised that if his "tax cuts" were the cause - when peopel recieve that $1,000 check, they spend it immediately (giving no thought to long-term needs), on products that are imported cheaply from China or Mexico, and the share prices go up, and the rich (not to be confused with the upper and upper-middle classes) are happy.

------------------
Nes digs around in the trash can.
Nes finds a hamburger!
Nes puts the hamburger in his backpack.

[This message has been edited by nottheking (edited February 19, 2004).]
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-02-19, 11:54 AM #43
You are all screwed no matter who you elect. I think Kerry will be worse than Bush. See Kerry is both a prick and a dumby. Bush is just a dumby. I give Bush the benifit of the doubt for not being a prick. So there you go, vote bush. Unless the democrats get someone better (NOT DEAN) to run.
2004-02-19, 12:00 PM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oSiRiS:

Better him than Kerry. I've been doing alot of research into his past and such. The man disgusts me, especially in regards to vietnam.
</font>

Care to explain this more in-depth?
2004-02-19, 12:00 PM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod-Nog:
Mug Bill Gates.</font>

That wouldn't be anywhere NEAR enough...

------------------
Nes finds a hamburger!
2004-02-19, 12:12 PM #46
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PnHobbit:
You are all screwed no matter who you elect. I think Kerry will be worse than Bush. See Kerry is both a prick and a dumby. Bush is just a dumby. I give Bush the benifit of the doubt for not being a prick. So there you go, vote bush. Unless the democrats get someone better (NOT DEAN) to run.</font>

How is Kerry both a "prick" and a "dummy"? Is there something I haven't seen/heard?

For anybody interested in finding out the TRUTH about who's funding who (and not just going to take the advertisements at face value), check www.opensecrets.org .

Funding,each candidate has recieved from each sector:

George W. Bush Jr.
John Kerry
Howard Dean
John Edwards

------------------
Nes finds a hamburger!

[This message has been edited by nottheking (edited February 19, 2004).]
2004-02-19, 12:24 PM #47
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Ding ding ding.
I'm hoping he'll do that in his second term given he won't need to worry about re-election. Right not he's making all of these absurd concessions to democrats. We really need to cut the programs as well as the taxes, and I'm hoping he does that next.</font>

... He's making concessions to the Democrats by increasing discretionary spending? Do you not keep up with the campaign at all - Bush is being attacked left and right as being fiscally irresponsible. It's a damned ugly thing when Democrats can criticize the spending habits of a Republican president.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Well, we're sick of being bashed and trashed just for being conservative.</font>

Then stop using liberal as an epithet.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I only blame his tax cuts for effictively diminishing the power of the government to ACTUALLY fix the economy</font>

... "Fix" the economy? Eh? Just what do you mean by that? And why was the GDP's growth rate at 8% a few quarters ago if the tax cuts were so terribly ineffective at boosting the economy?
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-02-19, 3:49 PM #48
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Ding ding ding.
I'm hoping he'll do that in his second term given he won't need to worry about re-election. Right not he's making all of these absurd concessions to democrats. We really need to cut the programs as well as the taxes, and I'm hoping he does that next.</font>

Additionally, you can't assume at all he's going to be reellected. Just from what I see here, there are many people who are saying how there 2000 vote for Bush hasn't become a re-election vote for 2004. Just look how many people voted Republican last cycle and are voting democrat now. You think he's not worried about re-election? He's shaking in his spurred boots. Happen to watch his apperance on Meet the Press (or were you so sure It didn't matter because anything he said would be right?) He was on the defensive with questions that many American's want answers for. Truth be told, he needed to do that interview, and it ended up hurting him more than it helped him.

I'm not saying he doesn't stand a chance, but don't go around filling in those dashes in the presidentential page of your American History Textbook.

------------------
To myself I surrender to the one I'll never please.
But I still try to run on.
You know I still try to run on. But it's all or none.

Eddie Vedder
former entrepreneur
2004-02-19, 3:53 PM #49
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod-Nog:
Mug Bill Gates.

</font>

That would equal.. 1/120 of what would be requireed.

------------------
To myself I surrender to the one I'll never please.
But I still try to run on.
You know I still try to run on. But it's all or none.

Eddie Vedder
former entrepreneur
2004-02-19, 4:04 PM #50
It's a start in the right direction.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-19, 4:30 PM #51
So is looking for quarters under arcade machines... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-02-19, 4:33 PM #52
Sounds like a plan.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-19, 6:03 PM #53
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eversor:
Additionally, you can't assume at all he's going to be reellected. Just from what I see here, there are many people who are saying how there 2000 vote for Bush hasn't become a re-election vote for 2004. Just look how many people voted Republican last cycle and are voting democrat now. You think he's not worried about re-election? He's shaking in his spurred boots. Happen to watch his apperance on Meet the Press (or were you so sure It didn't matter because anything he said would be right?) He was on the defensive with questions that many American's want answers for. Truth be told, he needed to do that interview, and it ended up hurting him more than it helped him.

I'm not saying he doesn't stand a chance, but don't go around filling in those dashes in the presidentential page of your American History Textbook.

</font>

You still have to consider that Bush isn't campaigning yet. Once the Democrats finally figure out who is going to run, Bush will be in a lot more public situations, slinging mud at whoever he is running against.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-19, 6:13 PM #54
What do you mean stop using "liberal as an epithet? And yes, I did look up the word.

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-02-19, 7:05 PM #55
Brian: I have only an limited understanding of economics. However, I know that the dangerously low federal revenues (and hence dangerously high deficits) are primarily or entirely due to tax cuts, not a poor economy. Simply put, federal tax revenue as a percentage of the GDP is at its lowest point since 1959: that is, relative to economic situation, the federal government is taking in less money than it has in over four decades.

So no, the economy is not responsible for the deficit. It's barely a factor.
2004-02-19, 10:15 PM #56
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PnHobbit:
You are all screwed no matter who you elect. I think Kerry will be worse than Bush. See Kerry is both a prick and a dumby. Bush is just a dumby. I give Bush the benifit of the doubt for not being a prick. So there you go, vote bush. Unless the democrats get someone better (NOT DEAN) to run.</font>

Well at least, it wont be Bush.

------------------
"I like pie alot.
Thats why i look like a pie.
With banana cream."

-Unknown artist
2004-02-20, 8:13 AM #57
Did Bush run over your dog or something?

------------------
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2004-02-20, 9:41 AM #58
Yes. And then Ashcroft labelled the dog a terrorist.

------------------
2004-02-20, 5:38 PM #59
You have no idea how great that is Wolfy. The satire drips from that statement. Totally made my day.

------------------
TI-MAH!
2004-02-21, 12:50 PM #60
..It wasn't that great..
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-02-22, 1:08 PM #61
Ohhh... way to rain on my parade. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
TI-MAH!

↑ Up to the top!