Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → whoa.....
whoa.....
2004-02-21, 4:58 PM #1
I go away for a few days... And the religious discussion forum dissapears? What gives?
2004-02-21, 5:03 PM #2
They finally came to a decision that video games are bad, sex is evil, and God pwns. So they got rid of the board, and he saw that it was good.

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-02-21, 5:05 PM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jin:
They finally came to a decision that video games are bad, sex is evil, and God pwns. So they got rid of the board, and he saw that it was good.</font>

AND I WASNT THERE FOR IT?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[This message has been edited by finity5 (edited February 21, 2004).]
2004-02-21, 5:05 PM #4
Have things been getting tense there lately?
More so than usual, I mean. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-02-21, 5:15 PM #5
I hadn't even noticed. Never set foot in there.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-21, 5:19 PM #6
Why get rid of it? I did send an e-mail saying

"Ever since you made the religious discussion, flames went down, so why not make a Debate Forum."

I guess they took it the wrong way :/

Then again STAFF never read e-mails.

------------------
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-02-21, 5:56 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
I hadn't even noticed. Never set foot in there.</font>

We had a Religious Forum?

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-02-21, 6:04 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THRAWN:
We had a Religious Forum?</font>

Yes. It was the single greatest thing Brian ever did. Next to Massassi, of course... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-02-21, 6:06 PM #9
ding dong the witch is dead
2004-02-21, 6:17 PM #10
I only went in there once, and I read something about how in the heck Noah could fit ALL THOSE ANIMALS on his boat. Someone said faith. I say "No idea."

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82 here:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Darth Slaw:
Never heard it either.
I thought this was about the missing Religion forum when I read the topic. *shrug*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

missing religious forum? *looks*

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
</font>

I'd imagine the next one to go would be the RBots forum [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]. Or maybe the technology forum.

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team

[This message has been edited by Darth Slaw (edited February 21, 2004).]
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-02-21, 6:20 PM #11
Everyone here knows you don't need a religious discussion forum to have some pretty hefty flame wars.

Btw, w00t 500th post!

------------------
"FORUM" stands for Feeble Outcasts Rarely Understood by Mankind.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-02-21, 6:40 PM #12
Oh no, not Firefox, TLiJ, and Dogsrool are all now homeless. It's so sad. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-22, 1:46 AM #13
I never really liked visiting that forum since it was more often than not a harbour for intolerance, but it served it's purpose.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-22, 2:18 AM #14
It's not exactly gone...

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
---@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-02-22, 2:25 AM #15
Might as well be since it's not on the drop box.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-02-22, 2:55 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod-Nog:

"Ever since you made the religious discussion, flames went down, so why not make a Debate Forum."

</font>

Why not leave it to the thread you "created"? No need to drag your discontent of -Unpaid- Staff members that do this out of their -free time-, all over the forum.

------------------
* Seb goes around singing "I'm too sexy for my body"
* Wolfy goes around singing "I'm too sexy for Seb's body"
* Cave_Demon steals Seb's underwear (underwear stolen: 39)
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-02-22, 2:56 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
I never really liked visiting that forum since it was more often than not a harbour for intolerance, but it served it's purpose.

</font>

Yeah, I decided it wasn't for me when I posted a thread about some questions for thought concerning God and our existance and was instantly labled Satanic. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited February 22, 2004).]
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-02-22, 3:10 AM #18
Now there'll be all those wonderful religious debates here in the discussion forum instead.

[This message has been edited by Zecks (edited February 22, 2004).]
2004-02-22, 4:14 AM #19
But I thought the religious forum brought the community together... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-22, 4:19 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
Yeah, I decided it wasn't for me when I posted a thread about some questions for thought concerning God and our existance and was instantly labled Satanic. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
</font>

I posted a thread about some questions for thought concerning God and our existance [/b]I live by that phrase :P

------------------
Blue, no yellow, AHHHHHHHHHH
2004-02-22, 4:46 AM #21
It's just an experiment.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-22, 5:10 AM #22
It's actually closed now? I get a password screeb [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

I really don't see the problem. Some of the discussions were actually quite good. (Although I haven't been there in a while.)

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
---@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-02-22, 5:36 AM #23
Why not just start religious threads here with a little (R) in the front? example:
Thread 1: Linux users should be castrated.
Thread 2: Practitioners of Microsoft should be brutally assaulted with crowbars.
Thread 3: (R)Nature of the soul?
Thread 4: People who use either Linux or Microsoft should be dismembered while their family watches.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-02-22, 5:42 AM #24
Ok.

The problem with the Religious Discussion forums is that there are only a handful of people who ever post there. So instead of discussion (I should probably point out that stat is the only person who makes any real effort to contribute to the forum) all threads just end up with the same few people quoting each other for eternity trying to outwit each other and always failing.

Now even as an admin I prefer the days when more people posted on religious threads (ie when they were in General Discussion), there may have been more arguments but at least it took a few more pages for things to completely fall apart.
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-22, 5:43 AM #25
its all my fault. I went into those forums to rustle some feathers....and ended up kicking the bird out of the nest.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-02-22, 5:47 AM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Slaw:
I only went in there once, and I read something about how in the heck Noah could fit ALL THOSE ANIMALS on his boat. Someone said faith. I say "No idea."

</font>

........A really big boat?

------------------
"In the memory you'll find me. Eyes burning up.
The darkness holding me tightly.
Untill the sun rises up."
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-02-22, 5:48 AM #27
I remember we had the Wiccan thread.

Half the people - It's good
Half the people - It's bad

I remember we had the Does God exist thread.

Half the people - He does
Half the people - He doesn't

I rem...

------------------
2004-02-22, 5:57 AM #28
I can't say that I'm sad to see it gone, actually. I was planning to leave it anyway once the biblical literalism thread was over (ha). I've been focusing on it too much anyway.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Oh no, not Firefox, TLiJ, and Dogsrool are all now homeless. It's so sad. </font>

Seriously. I've seen better sarcasm from Friend14.

-Fox
2004-02-22, 6:10 AM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod-Nog:

</font>

We read the e-mails. In fact, for the past week we've been discussing on why we did get rid of the religious forum, and most admins share the opinion that it is better to get rid of it, since it was mostly dominated by 3 or 4 people just flaming each other.

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-02-22, 6:14 AM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by clan ruthervain:
its all my fault. I went into those forums to rustle some feathers....and ended up kicking the bird out of the nest.</font>

Let's not get egotistical here, huh?

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-02-22, 6:45 AM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Seriously. I've seen better sarcasm from Friend14.
</font>
That's good because I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I'm genuinely sad.

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-02-22, 9:48 AM #32
I'd actually rather have more people in religious debates anyway. It'll bring more perspectives.

For just discussions among christians there are plenty of other forums.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-02-22, 9:52 AM #33
Probably better this way.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-02-22, 9:53 AM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
Oh no, not Firefox, TLiJ, and Dogsrool are all now homeless. It's so sad.</font>[/quote]Oh no. I guess I'll have to find another relgious forum and harass them. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stat:

Why not just start religious threads here with a little (R) in the front? example:
Thread 1: Linux users should be castrated.
Thread 2: Practitioners of Microsoft should be brutally assaulted with crowbars.
Thread 3: (R)Nature of the soul?
Thread 4: People who use either Linux or Microsoft should be dismembered while their family watches.</font>[/quote]There's no way I would have a religious discussion in the main forum. It would be impossible, general people poking in and saying something irrelevant while contributing nothing to the discussion.

...Wait that happens anyway.

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited February 22, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-22, 9:56 AM #35
....but the rbots forum stays?

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-02-22, 10:02 AM #36
So what? Are religious topics banned from Massassi or do we post them here on General Discussion?

Let me say that I think it's a little naive to have shut the place down just because it was causing arguments. Arguments are an inevitable part of life. Get over it.

------------------
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later."--Stanley Kubrick
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later."--Stanley Kubrick
2004-02-22, 10:03 AM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
There's no way I would have a religious discussion in the main forum. It would be impossible, general people poking in and saying something irrelevant while contributing nothing to the discussion.
</font>

That's precisely the attitute that's wrong with the Religious Discussion forums, you act like people aren't allowed only a casual interest in the subject.

I suppose endlessly dissecting the posts of the person before you whilst adding nothing new is contributing to the discussion?
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-22, 10:07 AM #38
That's hardly what I meant. I'm talking about how a serious debate will be going on, then someone will stop in and say something like "I like cheese."

The quote thing - Since forum debates on not real-time discussions, you can't insert your rebuttal in immediately after a statement is made. Unless you have a better idea, quotes are the only way.

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

The Giant Internet IC Masturbator - Index of IC pinouts
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited February 22, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-02-22, 11:28 AM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The Lord is Judge:
So what? Are religious topics banned from Massassi or do we post them here on General Discussion?

Let me say that I think it's a little naive to have shut the place down just because it was causing arguments. Arguments are an inevitable part of life. Get over it.

</font>

I don't think so, just postit in the discussion forums and put a (r) behind it.

But seriously, if I was having a bad day, I could just peek in the Religion Forum and get a good laugh.

------------------
Napalm is nature's toothpaste.
2004-02-22, 12:02 PM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
That's hardly what I meant. I'm talking about how a serious debate will be going on, then someone will stop in and say something like "I like cheese."
</font>

Do you know why people would do that?

I do, although perhaps it's better if someone else explains it.
Flickr Twitter

↑ Up to the top!