Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Am I the only one here who thinks that milk is nasty?
Am I the only one here who thinks that milk is nasty?
2004-03-06, 7:03 AM #1
I never drink milk. (I only eat trace ammounts on my cereal every morning) No other mammal drinks milk after reaching maturity, and certaintly not that of another species, either.

Are we humans that different than the rest of the animals?

Besides, milk has beef hormones, fat, and even a little bit of cows blood in it.

Here's some info to support my claim:

http://members.tripod.com/~josquin/milk.htm

especially

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Another reason many people suffer various symptoms of disease from drinking milk is that, according to Dr. Oski, the majority of the world's adult population is "lactose intolerant," meaning they cannot digest lactose, the sugar in milk (cow's milk and human milk). An enzyme known as lactase is required to digest lactose, and Dr. Oski states that "between the age of one and a half and four years most individuals gradually lose the lactase activity in their small intestine. This appears to be a normal process that accompanies maturation.... Most people do it. All animals do it. It reflects the fact that nature never intended lactose-containing foods, such as milk, to be consumed after the normal weaning period."
</font>

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited March 06, 2004).]
2004-03-06, 7:05 AM #2
I drink two-three cups per day of it. I never drink it alone, though....it must be with some sort of food.

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-03-06, 7:07 AM #3
Milk is bleurgh unless it has been chocolatised.

------------------
The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-- Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, The Father of Rocketry
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-03-06, 7:09 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by - Tony -:
Milk is bleurgh unless it has been chocolatised.

</font>

Here, here to NesQuick

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~

The place to submit your poetical works!
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-03-06, 7:25 AM #5
I drink around one liter per day. It's ambrosia I tell you!

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-03-06, 7:27 AM #6
Milk is awesome IF it is very cold. Kinda warmish cold milk is baaad (like school cafateria milk). Actually chochlatey chochlate milk is good, like nesquick. Most other brands seem too 'milked-down' to me.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2004-03-06, 7:29 AM #7
Do you eat ice cream? Butter? Cheese? Cream? Yogurt? The group of foods with dairy products in them is surprisingly large, and giving them all up is something I really cant be bothered doing. Mainly cos of ice cream, really [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-03-06, 7:39 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I never drink milk. (I only eat trace ammounts on my cereal every morning)</font>
Wha...!? If you have to eat milk, it might be time to throw it away.

*shivers*

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-03-06, 7:50 AM #9
3 or 4 + gallons a week maybe. Seriously. It's all I drink.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-06, 7:50 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
...Besides, milk has beef hormones, fat, and even a little bit of cows blood in it. ...</font>

Not all milk.... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The future is here, and all bets are off.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-03-06, 8:12 AM #11
Chocolate milk > all.

------------------
[="They say music can alter moods and talk to you, but can it load a gun for you and cock it too?" - Eminem=]

Massassian since: March 12, 2001
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-03-06, 8:15 AM #12
My parents used to force me to drink all my milk in order to leave the dinner table, and I hated it with a passion. That stopped around like, sixth or seventh grade I think. And since then because I'm not forced to drink it, I enjoy it once in a while. Kind of interesting how that worked out.

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2004-03-06, 8:17 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">No other mammal drinks milk after reaching maturity, and certaintly not that of another species, either.</font>

I give my cat a bowl of milk every day. She loves it.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2004-03-06, 8:38 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
3 or 4 + gallons a week maybe. Seriously. It's all I drink.

</font>

Same here. I drink a glass of milk in the morning, some Hawiian punch at lunch (school lunch, it's the best thing they have. And it's pretty bad.), and then some orange juice when I get home. I have a glass of milk or orange juice for dinner, depending on what we're eating, and intermitten(s?) glasses of both milk and OJ throughout the day.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-03-06, 8:39 AM #15
Usually I don't drink milk, because usually it is somehow warm and it never tastes like anything, but sometimes there are moments when cold milk does taste so damn good.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-03-06, 8:50 AM #16
I drink milk with hearty meals, or things like Pancakes and Muffins (when it tastes so godly). But other than that, chocolate milk, and cereal, MILK R TEH SUX@!

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-03-06, 9:11 AM #17
Several gallons a week, but I am trying to cut back a little more because of the traces of female horomones that get into your body. Makes for bad acne mostly.

Skim milk I can't stand drinking without food (it is all I drink though). 1-2% takes that nasty edge off that skim has, even 1/2% would do. Getting it in a paper carton tastes a lot better than the plasticied milk you get in jugs.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-03-06, 9:14 AM #18
I drink it, but never with meat.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-03-06, 9:14 AM #19
One word:
Oreo

------------------
Fight fire with fire! Fight EVERYTHING with fire!

"True as toasted toads!"
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-03-06, 9:36 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
One word:
Oreo

</font>

YES.

------------------
"Church, women are like Voltron, the more you can hook up, the better it gets!"
-Tucker
Red vs Blue

Ph34r t3h Cute Ones
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-03-06, 9:55 AM #21
I love milk. Nothing like a big glass of cold milk. MMm.

------------------
WOOSH.
-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-03-06, 10:17 AM #22
Er, what?

------------------
2004-03-06, 11:02 AM #23
I drink over a gallon of rice milk per week. I also eat soy "yogurt" and margarine instead of butter. However, I still eat regular old cow cheese because the vegetable substitutes are sadly lacking in all positive qualities...

If you just don't like drinking straight milk but still like cheese, ice cream, etc. then give rice milk a try. They add the same amount of calcium and vitamin D as milk so all you're losing is the grotesque thickness and aftertaste [and duringtaste for that matter].
2004-03-06, 11:23 AM #24
There was a man who would always drink only one thing, and this was a soda of some sort. However, it had "added calcium and vitamin D", so he figured it was all he had to drink. He did not turn out very well.

------------------
Or then not. --FastGamerr/Nikumubeki
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-03-06, 11:28 AM #25
i drink about a gallon of milk a day to be honest, but only if its cold.

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-03-06, 11:41 AM #26
Masq, what kind of milk are you drinking? Since when is milk grotesquely thick? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
WOOSH.
-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-03-06, 12:00 PM #27
im sorry, im still laughing at when pagewizard said that it has traces of blood in it

i dont know if you know how the BOOB works but here goes.

if you were to cut a pregnant womans breast just inches before the nipple, youd see it was still blood. it only turns into milk at like this point where it passes through this certain filter. its truely one of natures most amazing miracles. so if youre wondering why babies need milk, its coz it has all those nutrients in it, because your blood has all those nutrients in it.

we as adults need milk for the calcium its the easiest source and taking supplements can be harmful if youre taking supplements for multiple elements. so milk is a safe bet, or any dairy product. if you eat meat, then having traces of beef fat in it should not be a problem. if beef is your problem, have goats milk, it is healthier. expensive but healthier. and yes it all has fat in it but no ones asking you to OD on milk. everything is good for you in balance. OD on anything and itll kill you.

------------------
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2004-03-06, 2:10 PM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolvie17:

we as adults need milk for the calcium its the easiest source and taking supplements can be harmful if youre taking supplements for multiple elements. so milk is a safe bet, or any dairy product. if you eat meat, then having traces of beef fat in it should not be a problem. if beef is your problem, have goats milk, it is healthier. expensive but healthier. and yes it all has fat in it but no ones asking you to OD on milk. everything is good for you in balance. OD on anything and itll kill you.

</font>

According to the article I posted, the calcium in cows milk is not in a form that humans can use. It was written by a doctor, and doctors are supposed to know what they're talking about.

Darth J: Really? Milk gives my mum's cats diahrea(sp?), so how good for them could it really be?

I eat meat frequently, but I will never touch liquid milk. (I still eat ice cream and cheese, but in moderation) There are plenty of other ways to get calcium.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-03-06, 2:27 PM #29
Actually some animals do drink milk after maturity. I've seen cats that drank milk even after they're weened, if their mother still produces and will let them that is.

So what if milk has traces of "blood" in it, it's not like you ever see red sifting around. Plus if you eat steak, can you imagine how much stuff was in that? It formed beside bone, arteries, etc. Yummy!

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-03-06, 2:46 PM #30
I drink 2 or 3 glasses of milk a day. Tasteh.

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-03-06, 2:46 PM #31
After reading that first part of the article, I find it hard to believe that milk gives you lung cancer. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
[="They say music can alter moods and talk to you, but can it load a gun for you and cock it too?" - Eminem=]

Massassian since: March 12, 2001
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-03-06, 2:48 PM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sol:
After reading that first part of the article, I find it hard to believe that milk gives you lung cancer. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

</font>

Probably not directly responsible, but it may be a contributing factor.

------------------
2004-03-06, 2:51 PM #33
Watch it Sol--the milk god will come down and rain his cancerous fatty ways upon us!

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-03-06, 3:02 PM #34
People have been drinking milk and milk products for thousands of years. I see no reason to stop now.

------------------
"Well, it could be worse -- it could be windy!" -popular Canadian saying.
So sayest the Writer of Silly Things!
2004-03-06, 3:02 PM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolvie17:
i dont know if you know how the BOOB works but here goes.</font>
ROFL! I'm betting he doesn't! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sol:
After reading that first part of the article, I find it hard to believe that milk gives you lung cancer.</font>
Don't you know... everything gives you cancer.
If I eat spicey food, it will give me explosive, burning diarrhea, which after a few years will give me @ss cancer.

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code (NEC) Online - Don't do wiring without consulting it. OR ELSE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-03-06, 3:05 PM #36
I pour milk on my cereal. Other than that, I don't really like milk. I agree, it's not very good to just drink straight. Mixed with chocolate or egg-nogg or something, it's alright, but not just plain milk. Bleh. :x

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-03-06, 4:29 PM #37
I drink quite a bit of milk. Sometimes close a 1/2 a gallon a day

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-06, 9:31 PM #38
<3 Milk.

Milkshakes, iced coffee, on cereal, or just ice cold straight from the fridge.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
Besides, milk has beef hormones, fat, and even a little bit of cows blood in it.</font>

What's that got to do with anything? Bacon, steaks, and cheeseburgers all have those things in them. What's the difference if you find it in milk? I mean, milk is coming from the exact same source as the meat. Unless your one of them freaky vegan dudes, I can't see that as an argument not to drink milk. And who cares if other animals don't drink milk in maturity? I've never seen an elephant post on a message board, so why should you do it?! It's a stupid argument. There are millions of things we humans do that other animals don't do, and in comparison, drinking milk is pretty friggin trivial.

------------------
"When all else fails, eat pie."
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-03-06, 9:51 PM #39
If anything, drinking milk is a sign of human ingenuity, rather than human depravity. We were clever enough to figure out that we can get nutrition from the milk of cows or goats long after becoming independant of our mothers.

In fact, in Norse mythology, the first living being was a cow, and the second was a giant who lived solely off of the cow's milk. Now, I'm not sure what Norse mythology has to do with the discussion at hand, but I enjoy random facts about the Norse. The Norse were cool.

[/ramble]

------------------
"Well, it could be worse -- it could be windy!" -popular Canadian saying.
So sayest the Writer of Silly Things!
2004-03-06, 10:08 PM #40
Actually, there's a certain species of ants that milk caterpillars...

Anyway, it's not the trace amount of blood you need to worry about in milk, it's the amounts of puss that gets pumped out of the cows when they get an infection and it's not "cost-effective" to filter it out.

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto

↑ Up to the top!