Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I PWND a rent-a-cop.
I PWND a rent-a-cop.
2004-03-08, 11:33 AM #1
Okay, to start off, every Friday the theater that I usually go to gets swarmed with rent-a-cops. Most of them are huge jerks. They are always punking kids, trying to tell them what to do, pushing them around, yelling at them because they “look like a group of hooligans” etc. So I went to subway, and got a sandwich, then I met my friends at the McDonalds. So I sit down we talk and stuff. The rent-a-cop comes over "Hey, you can’t have subway in a McDonalds" he gives me a lecture about why I cant bring outside food here, starts yelling etc. all that stuff, and I say "This isn't Dunkin Dounuts, that's across the street" so he gets all "If you have something to say to me say it to my face, punk!" and I stand up, I'm like a foot taller then him, I love being tall..and I say "Is that badge REAL plastic?" he says "I've had enough of you! Get the hell out of here, you god**** punk!!" and I say "Hey stop using vulgarity, you are hurting my Christian ears, you worship Satan don't you!" and he gets pissed, so I walk out and stand right outside the place. He says "I said leave!" I am like "I'm not in the place!" he says "NO, away from here, get out!" So I say "Hey, your eyes are glazed.........have you been eating donuts!" so he says "Come with me!" and I say "On a date? Sorry, I don’t swing that way." and then he started yelling like really pissed, so I figure I need at least ONE MORE donut joke, so I say "Oh look! It's raining jelly donut filling!" then I ran like hell. Even the people that work at the movie theater don’t like the rent-a-cops. They are just guys that feel that they have power over these kids, so they just act like jerks, thinking that they have SPECIAL POWERS!

My other bad rent-a-cop experience was when I went to see “The Italian Job”, this huge group of kids kept running around being jerks (Middle school kids, those annoying punk girls, you know the Britney Spears wannabe kind.) So the movie stars and the ushers start yelling at them. Finally the rent-a-cop comes in “SHUT UP GAHHHHHHHHH WRAHHHH! Etc..” (SO he didn’t GAHH and WRAHH, but whatever) and they shut up.....for about 5 seconds! So three of them stand up, cell phones all that jazz etc. being jerks, they walk over and turn on the bleeping lights! So I get up and turn them off. I tell the rent-a-cop he says he will take care of them. 2 mins later same girls walk back in. Then a few mins later do the SAME THING AGAIN! So I chase one of them, and grab them by the coat, because if I didn’t she would have run away. The rent-a-cop runs over to me, starts yelling AT ME! “Hey, let go of her, want to get kicked out of here, you know what, why don’t you leave!” I say “She kept turning on the lights!” he said “Yeah, well it isn’t your problem! Let me take care of this!” I say “fine, sorry” I walk back in sit down, and VWA-LA! Lights go on again. I run out to the rent-a-cop, “Why don’t you do your friggin job?!? You said you would take care of them! Just saying “that’s not very nice” isn’t much good! Kick them out of the theater!” after about 5 mins of me yelling at this cop, he finally gets some brains and kicks out the stupid girls. I walk in the theater and I say “Yeah, they are gone” so the people in the theater start clapping, all I could do was laugh. It was just great, that I had to do a cops job for him.

Some of you may think I am a jerk, but you really should see these cops “YEAH WELL THEY HAVE FEELING TOO!” Yeah well, maybe they needed to be taught a lesson. All they do is walk around punking kids and acting like they are King of the world. My teacher said “You could of solved it a bit better, but that’s damn funny, and I’m glad someone finally showed those jerks up”

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-08, 11:35 AM #2
wow you're cool

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-08, 11:37 AM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The rent-a-cop comes over "Hey, you can’t have subway in a McDonalds" he gives me a lecture about why I cant bring outside food here, starts yelling etc. all that stuff, and I say "This isn't Dunkin Dounuts, that's across the street"</font>

You started it.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-03-08, 11:37 AM #4
classic
2004-03-08, 11:38 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">wow you're cool</font>

Sarcasm, hmmm...

I never said I was cool. Just saying that rent-a-cops with the King-o-the-world attitude SUCK.

And I didn't start it. he starts YELLING at me. My friend was eating Mc.Donalds. I just came in to talk to him, I happened to have a subway sandwich. The cop starts yelling at me, and just being a jerk. The Mc.Donalds workers didn't care about me haveing a sandwich, why should rent-a-cop? Oh thats right, because he had nothing better to do.

------------------
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited March 08, 2004).]
2004-03-08, 11:40 AM #6
You know, I don't agree with you on a lot of things SAJN, but hey, miracles can happen. Yeah, rent-a-cops suck major portions of rectal area.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-03-08, 11:44 AM #7
see, i have no understanding how people can make long posts like that...still, Pwned

------------------
<Kroko> Massassi is like Nazi Germany online, only it's not in Germany.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-03-08, 11:44 AM #8
For Em--Yes he is cool. It takes a lot of guts to call a cop on his bs, and he did it. For Freelancer--obviously you didn't get the fact that there's been some sort of previous conflict. Do you REALLY think he'd just insult a cop for no reason? If you go "I dunno he is pretty stupid" Or "It IS SAJN" then please stfu now.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-03-08, 11:46 AM #9
WTH is a rent-a-cop?

------------------
Member of the Minneassian Council
2004-03-08, 11:48 AM #10
One of those cops, that isn't a real cop. Just a guy witha badge and a uniform that hangs outside of the theaters, makeing sure that everyone is standing the right way or something. Basically a cop that gets paid 7 dollars and hour to eat and talk.

------------------
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-08, 11:49 AM #11
Where do you live that you have rent-a-cop security at movie theaters? I live in Indianapolis (about 5.5 million ppl) and have never seen one.

That's strange.

------------------
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

-Tazz
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2004-03-08, 11:50 AM #12
"Calling someone out" and being a complete jackass are two different things

[And yes, I agree with you that rent-a-cops are too high and mighty and act like jerks sometime, but there was probally a better way to handle the first situation then childish name calling and cliches]

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler

[This message has been edited by fishstickz (edited March 08, 2004).]
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-03-08, 11:52 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
"Calling someone out" and being a complete jackass are two different things

</font>

And as far as I can see, he called him out. Maybe I just work differently than you guys, but I assume that he has had LOTS of trouble with these guys--heck I've had trouble with rent-a-cops. I know what ***es they can be. Suckage. Think about it fish--SAJN's sarcastic and has been an *** in the past, but he's not the kinda guy who would just be a complete jerkoff to a cop.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-03-08, 11:56 AM #14
If I just said "stop being a jerk" and walked away. He would of still felt like "AHA I won!" But bringing to their attention "Hey, stop being an *** , do your job. Lay the hell off etc." To me, that's different.

------------------
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-08, 11:59 AM #15
1st story: old cop jokes I'm sure the guy has heard a million times then running away hardly = ownage. Marlon Brando should have been cast as the security guard. 2 stars out of 5.

2nd story: better, improved script even if a slightly predictable yet uplifting ending. Fight scene a bit of a disappointment. 3 stars out of 5.

Would have rated higher if the rent-a-cop was called Leroy Fantasia.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-03-08, 12:02 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
WTH is a rent-a-cop?

</font>

Think security guard with a stick or a flashlight for a weapon.

------------------
Join the Massassi Progress Quest Guild!
Visit our Guild!
Download Progress Quest and Join Now!!!

Author of the following failures: IAS
TRL-TBR-TAR
Abstract words
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2004-03-08, 12:02 PM #17
1.) If I didn't run away, the cop would have PWND me :P Secondly cliche's are so much fun.

2.) I think the cops name was Leroy Fantasia, now that I think of it *shifty eyes*

------------------
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-08, 12:06 PM #18
So what if they make seven dollars an hour? It doesn't give you the right to look down on them and treat them like crap. Of course, SAJN, you couldn't be the man and you couldn't take it and walk away, you HAD TO BERATE AND INSULT the guy so much you even admit yourself you had to run. That's pathetic. Last time I checked, you weren't the one getting paid to do his job, so what makes you think you hold a similar amount of authority?

This doesn't stem from him "yelling" at you. It stems from your obvious lack of respect for authority. If you wish to suggest that they're just "rent-a-cop"s who only get paid 7 bucks an hour, then I would suggest to you that salary != authority. You WERE being just the punk kind of teenagers that they're being paid to deal with in the first example.

Try looking at things from their perspective and maybe you will hold a little more respect. Geez. They get low pay. well then of course they're going to try to make themselves feel important and they may be in a rotten mood. I can tell you from experience that it's not so much the pay as it is having to deal with punk kids. A lot of them have preconceived notions of what most groups of teenagers are like, and this can aid in blowing the situation out of control, but you can't admit you're sqeuaky clean, either. In the future I would suggest taking their point of view into consideration before acting. If you had simply listened to the cop and tried to act reasonable, the situation could have turned out much better and heck, you could have even struck up a conversation with him if you hadn't confirmed his notions and acted like the punk kid that he expected you to by cracking jokes.

It doesn't have to be two sides hating each other, SAJN. It starts with you and the respect you can show.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-03-08, 12:10 PM #19
Not bringing a competitors food in to a restraunt is a matter of common sense and respect for that establishment. Whether or not the workers were bothered is irrelevant. I'm sure that the owner wouldn't have been pleased.

You were in the wrong here, and if you'll exercise a little common sense, you'll see that. The so-called rent-a-cop may have been out of line, but so were you. Not only that, but you went a few steps further by disrespecting someone who was only doing their job (keeping people like you in line). You only proved to this 'rent-a-cop' that he was picking on the right person.

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2004-03-08, 12:12 PM #20
Mentat has a point, SAJN...

------------------
-> The Cosmic Castaway <-

-> Titan A.E. <-
Titan A.E.
2004-03-08, 12:14 PM #21
Well freelancer, since you talk so much about perspectives, take this one--

Me and my friends were out skating, so we went into a grocery store because they have the cheapest cokes. The guy said we couldn't skate inside, but we COULD walk around in our socks. So we did. Next thing we know we're in a rent-a-cop station because we broke the rules. WTF?! Five minutes later the manager came in and said it was okay because he told us we could do it, but the rent-a-cop wouldn't take that answer the first time around, noooooo. Trust me freelancer, some people DESERVE to be berated. IMO he should look at why kids put him down and act like ***es to him all the time, it'd do the cops some good. Also, I know a few rent-a-cops at my school who are nice, I have no trouble with them. They DO their jobs, and only their jobs, not ones that they think they have.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-03-08, 12:19 PM #22
Im sorry, but no one deserves to be berated. Some people deserve to have the error of their ways shown to them, using a clear, cool, logical manner, but berating someone for absolutly stupid reasons like sitting in a police station (Or whatever) for a couple of minutes (or hours) is extremely silly

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-03-08, 12:21 PM #23
If I'm a paying customer (or a potential one; you don't even have to buy anything to win a "million dollars" in McD's current contest), and I'm being harrassed by the hired security people, I'm going to have a word with the manager of the establishment and let him know that if the abuse doesn't stop, my patronage will.
KOP_blujay
Just dancin'...and singin'...in the Force.
2004-03-08, 12:21 PM #24
I'm just not getting it. For one, you're siding with SAJN's actions simply because of some bad experience you had? Yay + 1 for generalizations! Secondly, why in god's name do you blame the cop for doing what he did? He was doing his job. If anyone is to blame in your example, it's the manager for not informing the cop.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
2004-03-08, 12:22 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">So what if they make seven dollars an hour?</font>

Exactly...so what? I was just pointing out.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It doesn't give you the right to look down on them and treat them like crap. Of course, SAJN, you couldn't be the man and you couldn't take it and walk away, you HAD TO BERATE AND INSULT the guy so much you even admit yourself you had to run.</font>

I don't look down on them, well...technically I do, I was taller then him :/. Yes, yes I did have to insult him. Put him in his place I did. He deserved every bit of it. You get punked around by a guy because he is bored, with nothing better to do, see how you deal. No actually, get punked by him EVERY TIME you go to the movies. maybe not the same guy, but there aren't THAT many of them, so you can pick out the jerks from the good ones. Hell yes I ran. I didn't want to miss my movie! I wanted to sit and talk with friends, this cop obviously didn't want me to!

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">That's pathetic. Last time I checked, you weren't the one getting paid to do his job, so what makes you think you hold a similar amount of authority?</font>

Does he have more authority then me? Yes. A LOT LOT LOT LOT MORE? No. Did I work in a bar for a year, and get treated like crap by the waitresses, college kids, etc.? Uhuh. Did I ever ONCE blow up in one of their faces? No, I continued to do my job. I treated even the biggest jerks with respect (well, there was this ONE guy that I put his cigg in his beer. But he went to far) Still one guy I blew up at. Compared to the hundreds of kids these rent-a-cops blow upa t every day? Bad day every friday, never heard of that. I got paid 6.35, plus tips, but I never got tips, so I quit.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">This doesn't stem from him "yelling" at you. It stems from your obvious lack of respect for authority.</font>

Rent-a-cops? Authority? That made me laugh. Sure they have the right to step in and keep things in hand. It's what they get paid to do. Stop fights etc. But do they have the right to randomly punk everyone? No way.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If you wish to suggest that they're just "rent-a-cop"s who only get paid 7 bucks an hour, then I would suggest to you that salary != authority. You WERE being just the punk kind of teenagers that they're being paid to deal with in the first example.</font>

No, no, no. The punk kids they have to deal with, are the ones that run around turning lights on and off in a theater. The ones that throw candy at people, and have cell phone conversations in the middle of a movie. Not kids trying to eat a bloody sandwich! Salary = Authority? Pfffft. No way I think that. The 7 dollars an hour thing explained above.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Try looking at things from their perspective and maybe you will hold a little more respect. Geez. They get low pay. well then of course they're going to try to make themselves feel important and they may be in a rotten mood.</font>

They can choose what they have for a job. If they want to get paid crap, fine! If they chose their job, they shouldn't ALWAYS be in crappy moods. They get paid cheap for it? They should of known it comeing into the job.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I can tell you from experience that it's not so much the pay as it is having to deal with punk kids.</font>

If they knew HOW to deal with the punk kids, their job would be alot easier.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">A lot of them have preconceived notions of what most groups of teenagers are like, and this can aid in blowing the situation out of control, but you can't admit you're sqeuaky clean, either. In the future I would suggest taking their point of view into consideration before acting.</font>

I would suggest taking my point of view as well. Punked by this group of cops? almost every time you want to see a movie? just because your a teen?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If you had simply listened to the cop and tried to act reasonable, the situation could have turned out much better and heck, you could have even struck up a conversation with him if you hadn't confirmed his notions and acted like the punk kid that he expected you to by cracking jokes.</font>

... Listened to a cop? He didn't even try and act respectful, he just started yelling. No respect their. Treat people how you want to be treated. If he is going to treat me like a jerk. I'm going to treat him like a jerk.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It doesn't have to be two sides hating each other, SAJN. It starts with you and the respect you can show.</font>

Oh yes, right, adults don't need to show respect to kids, we just HAVE to show respect to adults.

------------------
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-08, 12:24 PM #26
I've never encountered one of these "rent-a-cops" before.

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-03-08, 12:24 PM #27
I'm not siding because of bad experiences alone, I'm siding because what the cop did in the instances was WRONG. Whethere SAJN handled it well or not isn't the issue, it's that the cop was WRONG. If the cop hadn't been STEREOTYPING *COUGHCOUGH* in the first place, then he wouldn't have done anything to SAJN, or me in my story. All it took for the cop to communicate to the manager was a quick radio, then we woulda been on our way, but no, obviously since we were only 14 we were hooligans [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

[Edit]SP on Stereotyping
------------------
There is no signature

[This message has been edited by Dj Yoshi (edited March 08, 2004).]
D E A T H
2004-03-08, 12:28 PM #28
No fast food joint is well-to-do enough to be able to hire their own security guards. Trust me. If you threatened to take your business elsewhere and I was the manager, I'd just shrug and maybe ask the officer to tone it down or leave or something, but threatening the manager for someone else's actions is really shortsighted and puts even more stress on the manager, who fulfills one of the ****tiest jobs known to man.

That's half the point. What is it with people treating others who perform these low-paying, "undesirable" jobs poorly? 90% of the reason the job sucks so much is because of the way you get treated when you're doing it. As long as the work is honest, it's admirable.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
2004-03-08, 12:28 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Not bringing a competitors food in to a restraunt is a matter of common sense and respect for that establishment. Whether or not the workers were bothered is irrelevant. I'm sure that the owner wouldn't have been pleased. </font>

Workers = Manager included. I wasn't saying "HEY LOOK AT ME! I'M EATING SUBWAY! DONT EAT Mc.DONALDS! EAT SUBWAY!" I just came in, to talk, and eat with my friends. They happened to be eating at Mc.D's I happened to see them eating, so I came in to talk to them. I wasn't going to go eat outside in the cold. I was going to go in and sit down to talk with them. Nobody cared. I wasn't advertising, just eating and talking.

------------------
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-08, 12:31 PM #30
Sounds pretty immature to me, and I'm not talking about the security. Sounds like your mouth got you into trouble with the first case. i Have no sympathy for you at all. Does the fact that you acted like an *** make you feel good here?

And with the second, you really had no right to grab the kid. Yes, they were being annoying, but still. The guy could very well have over reacted though.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-08, 12:32 PM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">No fast food joint is well-to-do enough to be able to hire their own security guards. Trust me.</font>

It's a mall type thing. The cops walk around everywhere.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If you threatened to take your business elsewhere and I was the manager, I'd just shrug and maybe ask the officer to tone it down or leave or something, but threatening the manager for someone else's actions is really shortsighted and puts even more stress on the manager, who fulfills one of the ****tiest jobs known to man.</font>

I didn't yell at the manager.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">That's half the point. What is it with people treating others who perform these low-paying, "undesirable" jobs poorly? 90% of the reason the job sucks so much is because of the way you get treated when you're doing it. As long as the work is honest, it's admirable.</font>

Once again it has NOTHING TO DO WITH PAY! NOTHING AT ALL! Even if he got paint 100 dollars an hour, he was still a jerk! He acted like a jerk, so I treated him like one! It's like treaing the guy that just mugged you with respect. Maybe he wouldn't get treated like such a jerk if he didn't act like such a jerk! 90% of the reason? ha. If the job sucks so much, get a new one. Simple. If it doesn't suck to the point of quitage, WORK THE JOB!

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">And with the second, you really had no right to grab the kid. Yes, they were being annoying, but still. The guy could very well have over reacted though.</font>

Not grab as in like pick up by the shirt. Grab as in I had to catch the kid before she ran out the door and got away again!

------------------
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited March 08, 2004).]
2004-03-08, 12:36 PM #32
Okay, you're not the only person on this thread. My last post was directed specifically at blujay, who said he'd threaten the manager.. You just replied to it like I was even remotely replying to anything you said, which I wasn't, because you didn't say it.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
2004-03-08, 12:37 PM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Sounds like your mouth got you into trouble with the first case. i Have no sympathy for you at all. Does the fact that you acted like an *** make you feel good here?</font>

My mouth? I wouldn't of gotten mouthy with him, if he just asked "Could you please get out of here. I know it sounds silly, but you shouldn't have food in here, unless it's from the place" My guess is, I still would have argued, but not with the name calling, kind of like "But, i just want to talk, can I stay? Like, not eat any of the food, but just stay and talk?" The cop started the fight, I just had enough of these cops being jerks. I am not takeing it ALL out on this one cop. This is one of the cops that punks everyone. I took it out on him, because he happened to be a jerk, I was sick of cops treating people like crap, and I just had enough!

------------------
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-08, 12:38 PM #34
Instead of getting up in his face, would it not have been better to simply leave, get the name of the supervisor, and file a complaint?

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-03-08, 12:39 PM #35
Been there, done that. No help. They just say "That's bad, stop that. No, be nice" I've done it about twice, my friends have tried too. Doesn't help much at all.

------------------
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-08, 12:42 PM #36
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">He acted like a jerk, so I treated him like one! It's like treaing the guy that just mugged you with respect.</font>

If your "virgin Christian ears" were so offended by the officer, there may be a chance you have read something known as the Sermon on the Mount, in which Jesus exhorted everyone to do just that.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
2004-03-08, 12:44 PM #37
Virgin Ch..oh I did say that. I said that to the cop, because he was swearing at me. I'm not one of those "AHH MY EARS!" people, I just anted the cop to STFU, and stop being a pissant to people.

------------------
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-08, 12:51 PM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:
Okay, you're not the only person on this thread. My last post was directed specifically at blujay, who said he'd threaten the manager.. You just replied to it like I was even remotely replying to anything you said, which I wasn't, because you didn't say it.</font>

What I had in mind was calmly walking up to the counter, asking for the manager, and explaining to the manager that if he would like to continue to receive my business, that he should have his security guard stop harrassing me. Or, if he supports the guard's actions and policy, I'd leave. I think that's a reasonable "threat," not a rude or particularly antagonizing one.

I don't understand your comment about not being able to afford to hire security guards. While I agree that most McD's would not do that unless they were in an area with high crime rates, I thought the whole point of this thread was that it was a hired security guard, not a police officer. In fact, your comment supports my point: the fast-food joint needs the business, so unless the customer is being unusually annoying, they're probably going to tell the guard to leave the customer alone. A good manager knows who really pays his salary. So what are you talking about?

[This message has been edited by blujay (edited March 08, 2004).]
KOP_blujay
Just dancin'...and singin'...in the Force.
2004-03-08, 12:53 PM #39
man, you're such a rebel! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

I'm sure all the little kids like DJ Yoshi look up to your rebellious nature.

------------------
My Tracks
2004-03-08, 12:55 PM #40
What I was getting at is that the manager and the guard have nothing to do with each other, (it's apparently a mall-type area with guards patrolling around). Most likely the manager has no choice whether or not the guard is in his store, and does not have the power to reprimand or terminate him. So your business isn't with the manager at all.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer

[This message has been edited by Freelancer (edited March 08, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!