Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Sweet. I totally mesed up a friend's love life.
Sweet. I totally mesed up a friend's love life.
2004-03-09, 11:23 AM #41
You know things are getting really bad in this world when the 'chess team' is threatening to beat people up. When I was in high school, these guys had to sneak from class to class like ninja's so the 'wedgy squad' wouldn't kidnap them and dunk their heads in the toilet. Things can only get better.

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2004-03-09, 12:13 PM #42
Nothing like that ever happens at my high school.

------------------
"Why aren't I'm using at these pictures?" - Cloud, 4/14/02
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2004-03-09, 12:17 PM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
Goddamn, Chess is hardcore.</font>

ROFL

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-03-09, 12:18 PM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Berlick:
P.S. I play chess and I can fight (so do my friends, not to mention we have swords and knifes) so check them out first.</font>

Are these rated for combat? Or are they the display kind you find at the roleplaying shop, cons, and swap meets?

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-03-09, 12:22 PM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Jake: alright tony, u better watch out tho cuz i just got some of my chess buddies to help me
</font>

Uh-oh, he's rounding up a posse. Now while I find that concept amusing, no matter how scrawny such people might be, enough of them can take down even the most stalwart of titans. And remember, they know strategy, so they'll outthink you and trap you in some corner from which you cannot escape!

Seriously, though, if I were him, I would be pretty outraged, and as such I can see where he's coming from. He's probably somewhat insecure in his relationship with Olivia, might think he's slightly below her league, and doesn't want to be put in a position that might in any way compromise the status quo. Questions like that brew suspicion in his mind, and they tend to build up.

While it might have been funny, and though the girl might have asked you to do it, I would hardly call it a wise choice.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2004-03-09, 12:30 PM #46
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
He's probably somewhat insecure in his relationship with Olivia, might think he's slightly below her league, and doesn't want to be put in a position that might in any way compromise the status quo. Questions like that brew suspicion in his mind, and they tend to build up.
</font>

Good point. Whether or not he's even in her league, I too would be slightly annoyed if some guy asked to see my girlfriend's boobs. Rounding up his chess buddies to hunt you down is a little too severe, but I would be angry.

------------------
Kids must be shot by Monday.

Honesty tests for workers can't be trusted, report says.

Psychopaths are unpredictable.

Jay Leno's Headlines > Everything
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2004-03-09, 12:36 PM #47
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bobafett765:
Good point. Whether or not he's even in her league, I too would be slightly annoyed if some guy asked to see my girlfriend's boobs. Rounding up his chess buddies to hunt you down is a little too severe, but I would be angry.</font>

Now that we have all the facts, it seems that the "chess buddies" thing was just a little joke he couldn't help slipping into his "angry" rant.

------------------
"Why aren't I'm using at these pictures?" - Cloud, 4/14/02

[This message has been edited by Michael MacFarlane (edited March 09, 2004).]
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2004-03-09, 12:47 PM #48
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">P.S. I play chess and I can fight (so do my friends, not to mention we have swords and knifes) so check them out first.</font>

Oh no... he's the black knight!
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2004-03-09, 3:54 PM #49
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Berlick:
P.S. I play chess and I can fight (so do my friends, not to mention we have swords and knifes) so check them out first.</font>

Are you sure you're only playing it? Someone could get hurt in REAL chess. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-03-09, 4:31 PM #50
unrealted note...
"so what do you like to do?"
"play chess, scrue,"
"Lets play chess"

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-03-10, 3:32 AM #51
I never plaid chess but I am a fighter myself. Hell At school I am a brute. Nobody messes with me.

------------------
All your my forums. Belong too me.
SHOLVAS KREE!
2004-03-10, 3:49 AM #52
You guys are sitting here making fun of the Chess club when you're no better.. look a bunch of Jedi Knight players, that looks just as rediculous. Atleast more people have heard of Chess.

------------------
I felt like destroying something beautiful.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2004-03-10, 3:54 AM #53
The difference is that we're not the ones planning to gang beat Cazor. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Or then not. --FastGamerr/Nikumubeki
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-03-10, 4:04 AM #54
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Elana14:
unrealted note...
"so what do you like to do?"
"play chess, scrue,"
"Lets play chess"

</font>

Yar!!!!!!!!

Any fan of Blazing Saddles is a friend in my book!

------------------
--------------------------------------
Fear is here, where's the beer?
--------------------------------------
Fear is here, where's the beer?
2004-03-10, 6:55 AM #55
I'm not in any chess clubs, we just play chess on a regular basis.

As for the swords, some are replicas (high quality), some are real.
I've done some Akido with a bit of katana training while one of my friends is a black belt at Karate (Instructor level), qualified at Akido and Kung fu (He's a bit of a martila arts nut). [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

<<ADD>>
Lord_Grismath, how did you guess one of my on-line names??? I've gone by the names Black Knight, Dragon Knight and Draco (means dragon, I believe dragons are honourable). I want a full set of armour but that's another story. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
<</ADD>>
------------------
<<Awaiting something smart to say>>

[This message has been edited by Berlick (edited March 10, 2004).]
2004-03-10, 7:38 AM #56
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Slaw:
Chess buddies? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] Prolly about as harmful as the Sesame Street Mafia [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] (I've never met those guys, so I could be wrong).[/B]</font>

You are MOST DEFINITELY wrong...

[http://lila.yft.com/fungames/funnypics/sesame_gang.jpg]

As far as the threat posed by Chess club peoples, they only may be a threat if they are multi-geeks. Geek=somebody really good at something, so watch out if they happen to also be jocks, A.K.A. "Athletic Geeks". If they also happen to be "Social Geeks" (The opposite of Dorks), then the pain will last until graduation.

------------------
Nes digs around in the trash can.
Nes finds a hamburger!
Nes puts the hamburger in his backpack.
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-03-10, 7:43 AM #57
Wait, so you captured his queen, and now he is threatening to pawn you?

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi

↑ Up to the top!