Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Please, knock it off...
Please, knock it off...
2004-03-10, 11:45 AM #1
A certain thread here has provoked an invasion of someone else's website guestbook in a misguided show of comradeship. Several of the posts have gone and identified Massassi as the source of this invasion...so now we have such lovely comments as...

"give the guy who did your logo and your website the credit he deserves. if you won't, DoS attacks are very effective"

...associated with us.

Give it a rest fellas, you are doing Massassi a disservice as well as the person you are seeking to defend. He is the one who is going to suffer the consequences of your actions offline.

[This message has been edited by Jaiph (edited March 10, 2004).]
2004-03-10, 11:48 AM #2
DoS attacks?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%

An exile of the Soviet Massassi Regime
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-03-10, 11:54 AM #3
Denial of Service. Basically, you ping a computer so much that it cant process any other internet traffic.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-03-10, 11:55 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
A certain thread here has provoked an invasion of someone else's website guestbook in a misguided show of comradeship. Several of the posts have gone and identified Massassi as the source of this invasion...so now we have such lovely comments as...

"give the guy who did your logo and your website the credit he deserves. if you won't, DoS attacks are very effective"

...associated with us.

Give it a rest fellas, you are doing Massassi a disservice as well as the person you are seeking to defend. He is the one who is going to suffer the consequences of your actions offline.

[This message has been edited by Jaiph (edited March 10, 2004).]
</font>

Here here. This place thrives on decency and friendship, not on petty bitter squabbles - don't take our name in vain.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-03-10, 11:58 AM #5
It's just sad, really.

------------------
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2004-03-10, 12:04 PM #6
Should I be glad I don't know what's going on here?

------------------
TI-MAH!
2004-03-10, 12:05 PM #7
Yes.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-03-10, 12:37 PM #8
Good then. May all be resolved in a mature, adult like way.

[edit:general incompetency]
------------------
TI-MAH!

[This message has been edited by Insipid (edited March 10, 2004).]
2004-03-10, 12:47 PM #9
This place would be so much better if stricter rules were imposed or if the current ones were at least enforced...
2004-03-10, 12:50 PM #10
...there's not much we can do when the worst offending posts on the guestbook are anonymous....how are we supposed to punish them here or stop them aside from simply asking?

------------------
2004-03-10, 12:56 PM #11
I've skimmed through the the offending thread today - I kept up with it yesteday (before his DoS attck happened), and I'm just glad I didn't check this guestbook. Eejits.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-03-10, 1:25 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
...there's not much we can do when the worst offending posts on the guestbook are anonymous....how are we supposed to punish them here or stop them aside from simply asking?

</font>

I was refering to other things :P
2004-03-10, 1:27 PM #13
We're sorry. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] I'll never do it again!
2004-03-10, 1:35 PM #14
Geez Jaiph... you act like your some sort of "Administrator" or something! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Definately sound advice in all seriousness.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2004-03-10, 2:31 PM #15
Jaiph, I did try and solve it maturely. I mean I didn't ask anyone to go trashing that guestbook. I've been a good boy!!!!!

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-10, 2:41 PM #16
But did you have to link to massassi [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
-----@%

2004-03-10, 3:01 PM #17
This sort of thing is why we have the MBS [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

But in all seriousness, some people just took what they thought was a joke a little too far.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-10, 3:19 PM #18
Another day, another multi-page locked SAJN_Master thread.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-03-10, 3:20 PM #19
Your really starting to bug us SAJN_Master...

------------------
Don't be unwise judge me not by my size. You wont believe your eyes watch the xwing rise!
2004-03-10, 3:22 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Morfildor:
This place would be so much better if stricter rules were imposed or if the current ones were at least enforced...</font>

WTF? This isn't high school... of all the websites I go to, this one has the most rules. I don't see how it could be better with more rules...

------------------
I felt like destroying something beautiful.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2004-03-10, 3:25 PM #21
Yeah. Try some other forums out there then make that statement again.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-03-10, 3:27 PM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Your really starting to bug us SAJN_Master...</font>

To bad this was massassi's fault and not mine. I didn't tell anyone to post in the guestbook, and I didn't yell, insult, or any of that crap to the band members. I am 0-2% to blame.

------------------
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-10, 3:29 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
To bad this was massassi's fault and not mine. I didn't tell anyone to post in the guestbook, and I didn't yell, insult, or any of that crap to the band members. I am 0-2% to blame.
</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]
2004-03-10, 3:32 PM #24
Your 100% to blame if you kept your personal issues out of here things wouldn't have happend.

------------------
Don't be unwise judge me not by my size. You wont believe your eyes watch the xwing rise!
2004-03-10, 3:34 PM #25
It was a matter of my rights....I needed advice on what to do. I never told anyone to trash there guestbook. I even said I wanted a good solution. I acted totally mature the entire time. Look over that entire thread, even the AIM convos.

------------------
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-10, 3:35 PM #26
Oh geez, enough nonsense already.

------------------
2004-03-10, 3:36 PM #27
Jaiph, what do you think? Didn't I handle that well?

------------------
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-10, 3:36 PM #28
Where is "happy hour?"

------------------
-----@%

2004-03-10, 3:46 PM #29
I don't think you are to blame for anything other than maybe being a bit naive when you posted the link to the site after so much negativity had been stirred up towards the band.

I certainly don't think you intended that guestbook flaming as in the end the only one it would really hurt is you.

Anyway the point of this thread was not to point fingers, just to put an end to the flaming before it brings unwanted trouble back here.

------------------
2004-03-10, 3:54 PM #30
Good call, Jeff.

------------------
2004-03-10, 9:27 PM #31
I read DoS attack as Disk operating system attack. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]
------------------
your curiosity will get the better of YOU one day.
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)-@%

[This message has been edited by alpha1 (edited March 11, 2004).]
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-03-11, 1:23 AM #32
I'm with Jaiph--it wasn't SAJN's fault at all. I know a lot of Massassians would probably post the same thing had it happened to them, because it's a touchy subject, and everyone comes here for advice. Yah, my 2 cents.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-03-11, 2:16 AM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
Yeah. Try some other forums out there then make that statement again.

</font>

Oh, I have. Very many, in fact. The statement still stands.

And I'm not saying they need to go tyrannical here. They just need to outlaw one or two select things and massassi would be much better.

[This message has been edited by Morfildor (edited March 11, 2004).]
2004-03-11, 2:39 AM #34
I'll agree with Yoshi and Jaiph. If anyone can post "OMFG HELP ME WITH A GIRL!!!!!11one1!" without getting *****ed at why shouldn't SAJN be able to post threads asking for personal advice? Just about everybody here has already done it. Get off his back already, I don't understand why people are so quick to attack SAJN. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-03-11, 4:53 AM #35
Asking for advice - 1 thing.

Advocating spamming someone elses guestbook in an effort to seek revenge - completely different.

------------------
--------------------------------------
Fear is here, where's the beer?
--------------------------------------
Fear is here, where's the beer?
2004-03-11, 5:01 AM #36
As I've said somewhere, I hope this isn't going to lead into something serious. But it probably will. Hopefully not. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-03-11, 5:03 AM #37
Well I have to say that I side wholly with Jaiph - SAJN's only fault in this case was posting the link here - cue open invitation from some of Massassi's less mature individuals [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif].

That said SAJN's already admitted before that he's trying to make a fresh start and I'm still inclined (maybe naively; maybe not, who knows - time will tell...) to believe that this is one of those times where a person with a track-record is attempting to shed their previous form and start a-fresh, but happens to make "an error of judgement". I for one believe(/hope) that SAJN is earnestly trying to make a fresh start, so let's at least give him a chance and the benefit of the doubt [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Just my tuppence worth [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

-Jackpot

------------------
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." - gothicX

"Life is mostly froth and bubble,
But two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own"
("Ye Wearie Wayfarer" - by Adam Lindsay Gordon)
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." -gothicX
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
|| AI Builder: compatible with both JK & MotS || My website ||
2004-03-11, 6:58 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Morfildor:
This place would be so much better if stricter rules were imposed or if the current ones were at least enforced...</font>

A site I know about has a warning system enabled-- 10 warnings and you are banned.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.
2004-03-11, 11:25 AM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by -Fear-:
Asking for advice - 1 thing.

Advocating spamming someone elses guestbook in an effort to seek revenge - completely different.

</font>

I don't believe that he ever advocated spamming - he only posted a link to the site. I believe his post read something like "(URL).. Like I said, it's a simple site." Someone else mentionned that he had left something in the guestbook, and SAJN protested! So I don't see how he encouraged anyone's immature actions, because he actually discouraged them openly.

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-03-11, 12:38 PM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaD CoW:
I don't understand why people are so quick to attack SAJN. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]</font>

From what i have seen, its because in his previous life (Rod-Nog), he wasn't exactly on his best behavior all the time, and so people use that as an excuse when anything bad happens anywhere around him, or even, on occation, when nothing bad happens at all, to attack him. And please, don't act as if i'm insulting anyone by saying this. i've seen it happen, several times.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%

↑ Up to the top!