Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Massassi 2 Shots (warning, 480k of images)
Massassi 2 Shots (warning, 480k of images)
2003-12-14, 11:35 PM #41
Oh, and there's some other things I need to bring into the discussion. These are potentially very serious.

Recon (our current host) runs an extremely old version of PHP. This is a bad thing because any modern scripts simply won't run on it (because it's so old, it doesn't support super-globals like $_SERVER, $_POST, $_GET, etc.). I have emailed them and asked for an upgrade. No response. I have emailed them and asked if we can keep our file hosting here if we move our main site hosting elsewhere. No response. I have emailed them about the broken control panel we have that won't allow me to add/modify ftp accounts. No response.

I guess my next option is to call them on the phone. We really need them to fix the CP and upgrade PHP. Otherwise, we'll have to move hosts again. Which is a huge pain.

*If* I can convince them to upgrade the PHP, there will still be some problems. Likely, a lot of our old scripts won't function correctly (especially if they keep the default "register globals" off - which is what I want, but which will definitely break scripts). So either way we're looking at some downtime (short anyway [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif].

Anything I'm overlooking?
2003-12-15, 2:32 AM #42
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brian:
...Anything I'm overlooking?</font>

..Yes. Will this upgrade affect the forums? I dont want to loose my post count. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-15, 5:37 AM #43
resent.

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2003-12-15, 8:05 AM #44
I don't think we can run any recent forum software on this old version of PHP. So that's on the back burner until we can settle this issue.
2003-12-15, 8:43 AM #45
Good luck. :
KOP_blujay
Just dancin'...and singin'...in the Force.
2003-12-15, 9:10 AM #46
Get rid of the picture of Kyle in the top left corner. That particular pic I've seen so many times on sites I want to hurl.

------------------
You will respect my authoritah!
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2003-12-15, 9:14 AM #47
I think that picture was originally from the LEC site.

↑ Up to the top!