Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Child suspended for bringing a knife to school
Child suspended for bringing a knife to school
2004-10-14, 3:57 PM #1
A butter knife....

http://www.nbc12.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WWBT/MGArticle/WBT_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031778530651

when I was in elementary school, I brought in a pocket knife (cant remember why) and got off with just being yelled at for a little bit.

This is quite rediculous, how else do they expect him to spead the peanut butter?
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-10-14, 3:58 PM #2
I'm gonna have to agree with the ridiculous part. .
Mmmm.
2004-10-14, 4:01 PM #3
My money's on the butter knife being a disposable plastic one, too. This is absolutely friggin' rediculous. Reminds me of "Bowling for Columbine", where Moore commented that "suddenly, our sweet precious children had transformed into monsters".
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-10-14, 4:01 PM #4
That knife could do a lot of damage. It was designed to CUT butter. And with all the obesity in children today, they aren't much more than tubs of butter. I think you can see where I'm going with this. It was a deadly weapon!
In Pride,
--Hinch
I had a disclaimer here, but the man said it was too long.
2004-10-14, 4:02 PM #5
I used to bring knives to school all the time when I was in high school. I needed them to do work in the auditorium after school (I was a member of the Tech Crew for the plays). In fact, quite a few of my teachers knew that I carried knives on me, and would even ask to borrow them if they needed them to open a box or something. They didnt think it was a big deal because they knew that I wasnt ever going to do anything crazy or stupid.
2004-10-14, 4:02 PM #6
stupid....

too stupid.

yeah.
2004-10-14, 4:07 PM #7
What's an elementary school kid gonna do with a butter knife? Shove it in the fuses, blow out the power, break into the teacher's lounge and kill the teachers? I think today's school teachers and principles are getting a little too cautious.
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2004-10-14, 4:11 PM #8
Absurd.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-10-14, 4:13 PM #9
...rediculous
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-10-14, 4:16 PM #10
...stupid
2004-10-14, 4:17 PM #11
Doesn't beat the kid who was suspended for bringing nail clippers to school.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-14, 4:37 PM #12
People are idiots.... Utter, complete wastes of carbon.

We can't get away with s*** thanks to columbine...

I could beat someone to death with my fists if i wanted to, so are they going to suspend people if they bring their hands to school now? :rolleyes:
2004-10-14, 4:39 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
I could beat someone to death with my fists if i wanted to, so are they going to suspend people if they bring their hands to school now? :rolleyes:

*sigh* :rolleyes:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-10-14, 5:16 PM #14
Next on "News at 6:" "Children Deemed Dangerous Objects; Any Seen On Campus Shall Be Immediately Expelled."
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-14, 5:20 PM #15
This is very stupid, once i threw a knife at someone, it bounced off his head and he cried so some guy was pissed at me. But i really didn't care:D

(this was about 5 years ago)
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2004-10-14, 5:22 PM #16
Let's break down "butterknife" though. Butterknife! It's a disguised WMD!
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-10-14, 5:28 PM #17
i bet Osama bin Laden made him do it
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-10-14, 5:30 PM #18
I'm so thankfull that we have'nt had people that stupid around here. Granted, my new principals a moron, but still that over the top.

I'm still in disbelief that it was a BUTTERknife.
2004-10-14, 5:31 PM #19
I remember we once had this day in elementary school where we all had to bring in "ethnic food."

I brought my mom's Irish soda bread, which completely owned everyone elses' food.

But I had to attempt to cut it with a plastic butter knife...
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-10-14, 5:40 PM #20
School districts are taking way too hard a line on stuff like this. I mean, does the school pass out forks with the school lunches? You could poke someone's eye out with one of those.
Pissed Off?
2004-10-14, 6:12 PM #21
Not to mention a spork, those things were crafted to gouge out eyes.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2004-10-14, 6:20 PM #22
Kids that are in Carpentry carry saws in there freaking backpacks, kids in Culinary (sp?) have blades, I myself carry around a swiss army knife, wire strippers and a few other things....and a kid gets suspended...for....a butter knife.
Think while it's still legal.
2004-10-14, 6:24 PM #23
I carry a swiss army knife, it's a useful tool, teachers see it all the time, and don't say anything, even though I'm one of those kids that gives off a columbine aura.
2004-10-14, 6:24 PM #24
This is indeed the recorde breaker of stupidity. This is why schools should be graffitied.
I mean, my bro, when he was in hi school, took a knife to school cause some dudes were picking on him, so he threatened them, and all he got was one full year of observacion and prohibited from his vast collection on knives. Shesh this is over kill. Down with the schools!
Nothing to see here, move along.
2004-10-14, 6:28 PM #25
I bet the person who suspend this child feels good about themselves. Disturbing no?
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-10-14, 6:31 PM #26
Quote:
I mean, my bro, when he was in hi school, took a knife to school cause some dudes were picking on him, so he threatened them, and all he got was one full year of observacion and prohibited from his vast collection on knives.

Oh, is that all? :rolleyes:
2004-10-14, 6:47 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
Oh, is that all? :rolleyes:

He threatened people with the knife. It seems like he should have gotten in more trouble.

Ditto everyone else about the story.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-10-14, 6:54 PM #28
Aren't the scissors in elementary schools sharper than most butter knives? Or are those banned now too? I guess they had better make sharp pencils against the rules...
Stuff
2004-10-14, 7:00 PM #29
Quote:
He threatened people with the knife. It seems like he should have gotten in more trouble.

Heh, that's what I was trying to get at....I guess my rolleyes was a bit of a throw off. W00psie!
2004-10-14, 7:12 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Ewoklover

Wrar!

Although I'm more of a wait-till-they-turn-around-then-whack-them-with-a-very-long-stick kinda guy myself.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-10-14, 7:13 PM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
Heh, that's what I was trying to get at....I guess my rolleyes was a bit of a throw off. W00psie!

Oh :o
I thought the rolleyes was because you thought he said something dumb.
2004-10-14, 7:40 PM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by Ewoklover

I enjoy plucking them out with my bare fingers, ala Kill Bill 2. :D
2004-10-14, 7:42 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
I enjoy plucking them out with my bare fingers, ala Kill Bill 2. :D

Sporks or eyes? You stay the hell away from me!!
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-10-14, 7:43 PM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by Spork
Sporks or eyes? You stay the hell away from me!!

eyes, so relax.
2004-10-14, 8:04 PM #35
Not that I'd think this was any better, but sometimes a butter knife means a little sharp knife, not the dull plastic or metal kind.
Example: http://www.reillyandjenks.com/silver/si012.html

(BTW, until I did a google image search for "butter knife", I didn't know how beautiful they could be. There's some pictures of nice looking butter knives;) )
2004-10-14, 8:57 PM #36
Well, a butter knife may not be the best thing to have in your lunch (depending of course on who is bringing it and why).

However, this is pretty dumb considering that story on the little gradeschool kid getting expelled for bringing a 1 inch plastic GIJoe gun to school. If a plastic toy gets you expelled, a butterknife should get you 200 years in prison. C t3h st00pidn355?

School admin tends to be corrupt.

That is all.

(meant somewhat as a joke btw)
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-10-14, 9:12 PM #37
I think a statistical comparison between how often this happens to black kids and how often it happens to white kids would be interesting.
2004-10-14, 11:33 PM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by dry gear the frog
I think a statistical comparison between how often this happens to black kids and how often it happens to white kids would be interesting.

2004-10-15, 12:31 AM #39
Why don't they ban pencils and pens too? Those little suckers are much easy to stab people in the eye with than butter knives. :rolleyes:
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-10-15, 4:37 AM #40
I can't believe how stupid things have gotten over the past little while.

↑ Up to the top!