Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jon Stewert rips Crossfire a new one
Jon Stewert rips Crossfire a new one
2004-10-16, 8:05 PM #41
Jon Stewart is the man. He stayed calm and collected during the entire thing, while both the dem and the repub squirmed like little *****es. They also directed the conversation away from them as much as possible. They were obviously hiding something.

Yeah, I <3 Jonny.
D E A T H
2004-10-16, 8:08 PM #42
Nah, the balding guy was cool, they other guy was just a cracktard.
2004-10-16, 8:09 PM #43
My concern is his habit to interupt people (seen also in other interviews.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-10-16, 8:12 PM #44
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikus
Nah, the balding guy was cool, they other guy was just a cracktard.

They're both cracktards ;)
Pissed Off?
2004-10-16, 8:53 PM #45
Ok, but the bowtie guy was an arrogant ****ing cracktard :)
2004-10-16, 9:02 PM #46
I liked how Jon snuck some insults in here and there... There was one part I didn't catch, the smacktard said "You need to get a job at a <something>" and Jon says "And you need to go to one" It's around 7 minutes and 40 seconds.
2004-10-16, 9:05 PM #47
A transcript is also now posted in the first post.
2004-10-16, 9:07 PM #48
Just watched the clip, and enjoyed it. I love John Stewart, he's incredibly funy, and in this clip, he was quite honest. That's lacking in the new organisations today.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-10-16, 9:11 PM #49
Quote:
BEGALA: Which candidate do you suppose would provide you better material?

STEWART: I'm sorry?

BEGALA: Which candidate do you suppose would provide you better material if he won?

STEWART: Mr. T. I think he'd be the funniest. I don't...

<3
2004-10-16, 9:19 PM #50
Quote:
STEWART: You know, the interesting thing I have is, you have a responsibility to the public discourse, and you fail miserably.

CARLSON: You need to get a job at a journalism school, I think.

STEWART: You need to go to one.

<3 Stewart
2004-10-16, 11:29 PM #51
Quote:
CARLSON: You had John Kerry on your show and you sniff his throne and you're accusing us of partisan hackery?

STEWART: Absolutely.

CARLSON: You've got to be kidding me. He comes on and you...

(CROSSTALK)

STEWART: You're on CNN. The show that leads into me is puppets making crank phone calls.

(LAUGHTER)

STEWART: What is wrong with you?

:cool:
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-10-16, 11:41 PM #52
Greatly amusing and wow, people actually take the bowtie guy seriously....ever? The balding guy didn't say that much.
2004-10-17, 4:37 PM #53
Good on him. I think the best part was when the bowtie guy said "I thought you were going to be funny" and Stewart said "No, I'm not going to be your monkey."

Really shows Crossfire for what it is, though.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-10-17, 5:37 PM #54
Although Jon Stewart is a comic, he's still pretty informative.

Quote:
STEWART: You know what's interesting, though? You're as big a dick on your show as you are on any show.

You can say that on Crossfire?
2004-10-17, 11:11 PM #55
Apparently :p
Pissed Off?
2004-10-17, 11:24 PM #56
Stewart pwns....and for being a fake news show, its actually where I get my world news.
2004-10-18, 2:30 AM #57
I still can't believe he called him a dick. Jon Stewart pisses me off from time to time for being a little one-sided on his show, but he is consistently funny and biting. It was more than a little weird, though, seeing him not laugh *once*.. very out of character, but it's a fantastic example of why people do take him seriously. He kind of reminds me of Rick Pryor in that regard, who was hilariously funny but also got standing ovations for the serious commentary in his shows.

Duo: to quote Stewart himself, DON'T DOOOOOOO THAT. Seriously.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art

↑ Up to the top!