Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Special abilities
Special abilities
2004-10-17, 10:09 PM #1
If you could have 2 special abilities or powers what would they be and why?

Mine:
1. To be omniscient, because well then I would know everything.. and that would be cool.

2. not to have to sleep (never get tired), because the nights are to long to be wasted with sleep.
The keyboard is mightier than the ion cannon.

Dangerous toys are fun but you could get hurt! ^.^
2004-10-17, 10:10 PM #2
Wow, one of the most controversial and pressing debates in my life is whether I'd be Magneto, or Iceman... But 2 superpowers? Duh.

1. Magneto (Because he's pretty much invincible except to temperature and psychic powers
2. Iceman (Because this cancels out the temperature factor, he's also pretty much invincible, and psychics are wussies anyways)
2004-10-17, 10:25 PM #3
As fast as I want to be.

Invulnerable to external harm after the age of 18.

With these two I will never age (note I said harm--that includes the slowly induced death which comes with life), and in theory, will be able to travel back in time.
D E A T H
2004-10-17, 10:33 PM #4
Id want the power to grant wishes. Then I could have whatever powers I want
2004-10-17, 10:36 PM #5
Regeneration and Claws, duh :p

Oh, and the ability to command the loyalty of sea creatures.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-10-17, 10:40 PM #6
Q
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-10-17, 10:40 PM #7
I am 7 manly inches long.

Wait, wrong thread...
2004-10-17, 10:56 PM #8
I'd have to say either immortality, or the ability to go back and restart my life, knowing what I know now. Kind of a Butterfly-effect deal, but I would be more careful with what I changed.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2004-10-17, 11:07 PM #9
Make girls fall in love with me. Repel stupid people.
2004-10-17, 11:31 PM #10
Infinite stamina. And infinite flexiblity. Or just infinite athleticism in general.

Guess why.

Yes, I'm bad.

(oh yeah, the ability to go back and fix things with no consequence would be nice, too. Though I think learning from crappy **** makes you better.)
一个大西瓜
2004-10-18, 1:03 AM #11
- Stop aging/become immortal to all forms of damage (though I suppose I'd want an out if the Earth were destroyed, or something)
- *shrug* Flying? I often fly in dreams. Seems like it would be fun.
2004-10-18, 1:18 AM #12
1. The power of god
2. Freedom from any force (nature, responsibility, time, gravity, etc...)
"...Those living for death will die by their own hand, Life's no ordeal if you come to terms, Reject the system dictating the norms..."
2004-10-18, 1:30 AM #13
I would have the power of being more charismatic...because charisma can do ALOT in the real world.
And the ability to raise Nazi Skeleton Warriors to my aid.

*shifteyes*

Skeleton warrior get me a cold soda!
2004-10-18, 1:40 AM #14
1) The ability to communicate with anything perfectly.
2) Being able to know exactly what to say in any given situation.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-10-18, 1:54 AM #15
As stupid and useless as it probably sounds, I've always considered "having the powers of Superman" high on my wish list. You've got to admit...there's a superhero with his super-power bases covered.

I'm not sure if that counts as one ability or several, though, so I'll just leave it at that.
2004-10-18, 2:18 AM #16
Omniscience.

Limitless age and and beauty. (That counts as one, so there.)
2004-10-18, 4:12 AM #17
Duh

1. Gravity does not apply to me, with my anti-gravity belt and rocket shoes!

2. I would have the power to move my hands so fast, I type at 500 WPM. Ph3r.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-10-18, 4:20 AM #18
Galactus
Q

fused.

Quote:
Originally posted by Glyde Bane

I would have the power to move my hands so fast, I type at 500 WPM.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHE, surely quoting it is enough to bring all of the depraved out the woodwork? no? shouldn't have to emphasize the comedy.
2004-10-18, 4:34 AM #19
I would control time and be able to travel at 50 times the speed of light
nope.
2004-10-18, 4:54 AM #20
Invincibility/immortality, and the ability to become invisible at my choosing.

Women's showers for all ethernity. Enough said.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-10-18, 5:44 AM #21
I would choose the ability to do whatever the hell I want.

Does that count as one special ability? Because it covers a lot of stuff: mind reading, controlling time, immortality, invisibility, invincibility, gravity control, super-strength...
Stuff
2004-10-18, 5:44 AM #22
The ability to heal, and to grant that ability to others.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-10-18, 5:59 AM #23
I want to be a vampire.

But still hump girls as well as sucking their crimson morphine.:D

Strength, Speed, Seduction, Stamina, Mind reading...

and if possible.

The powers of the powerful elder vampries...

Creating storms, setting people alight, dominating minds, flying.

/me gets wood

:cool:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-10-18, 6:07 AM #24
I would like to be able to see 1 second into the future. Then I would move to england, become a goalie in a high paying soccer team, because with that ability, theoretically, no ball would EVER get through my goal defence. I would be the highest paid person in sport in the history of the world, because I would have the reputation that no-one can get a ball past me.
2004-10-18, 6:40 AM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Glyde Bane

2. I would have the power to move my hands so fast, I type at 500 WPM. Ph3r.

Naughty boy :D

Too many to pick... hmm super reflexes and flexibility would be cool.
/fluffle
2004-10-18, 7:19 AM #26
1. Rewind time at will

2. Hammerspace
No sig.
2004-10-18, 7:27 AM #27
The powers of the Force.

I can't believe I'm the first one to say that.
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2004-10-18, 7:32 AM #28
To be able to bring to life any creature that I draw on paper, THAT would be cool

The ability to change by body size like that guy from Misfits of science
Only Bald men say it is a sign of virility
2004-10-18, 7:33 AM #29
1.)The ability to turn into a sock monkey so I could scare the crap out of Squirrel King,

2.) Telekenisis.
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2004-10-18, 7:33 AM #30
1.) The power to make people eternally happy
2.) The power to slow time

Come on, all of you are too selfish!
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
2004-10-18, 8:46 AM #31
To be like a Goa'uld. Sure my "powers" are based on technology but being able to jump from body to body ensures great anonymity. Not to mention those glowing eyes..

That or be like Q.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-10-18, 9:11 AM #32
1- Insane fingers for crazy guitar playing
2- instant knowledge of any music theory known and unknown.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-10-18, 9:13 AM #33
- The ability to mimic anyone's ability
- To be able to do it better than the person I mimicked.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-18, 9:15 AM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by Sok Munkey
1.)The ability to turn into a sock monkey so I could scare the crap out of Squirrel King,

I just cracked up reading that, I totaly did not expect that in this thread :D :D

Anyways, I'd love time travel (without the consequences of course). I don't want to see the future, but I'd love to go back in time and see things. And I'd love to bring things and impress people. I'd bring my laptop and show up the first computers. And fun stuff like that.

Second, I'd love be insanly agile and strong. Like spiderman kinda.
2004-10-18, 9:50 AM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by THRAWN
Q

Definately. Q > *
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-10-18, 9:53 AM #36
Hmmm....

1. Control Time, Space, and Gravity. (I think it would be cool to be outside time and even have the ability to freeze something/someone in a moment while the rest of the world moves on.)

2. Have no weaknesses. Never being not fast enough (tho controlling time and gravity would more than help that), never being not strong enough, never getting sick, never getting injured (once again, time and gravity would take care of any outside forces, so this just prevents me from injuring myself.)
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-10-18, 10:20 AM #37
1) Infinite money
2) Invisibility
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-10-18, 10:29 AM #38
Hmm... two abilities? Here's what I'd select to pwn them all:
  • Infinite Willpower. With a truly limitless ammount of will, I could cause anything that I wished. If you wanty to understand, read Michael Crichton's Sphere. I would be able to do anything I attempted perfectly, without really expending any of my stamina.
  • True Ominiscience. I already possess a great deal of knowledge, but it would be far nicer if I simply knew everything, not just a tiny fraction. Then, I would possess the knowledge to most effectively utilize my willpower.

Quote:
Originally posted by gbk
The ability to heal, and to grant that ability to others.

Healing?! If so, then I presume it would be the power to heal those damaged by Microsoft...
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-10-18, 12:24 PM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by Spork
Regeneration and Claws, duh :p

Oh, and the ability to command the loyalty of sea creatures.

and do everything I want to!!!
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-10-18, 12:31 PM #40
The ability to mind control fanboys. That way, I could control all of you...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS

↑ Up to the top!