Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post your long term physical injuries
Post your long term physical injuries
2004-10-20, 12:02 PM #1
9 months ago I had a drunken brawl, and ended up damaging the ligament in the axis bone in my neck or something, resulting in temporary loss of walking and such.

Today I hurt it again rockclimbing, though truth be told it was more a case of lifting up my girl and throwing her onto a landing/safety mat. Damn she's heavier than I thought!

Now I can hardly walk o move my neck, and my arms are really sore.

Post your long term PHYSICAL ailments such as sporting injuries, broken hearts dont count.

/me dies.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-10-20, 12:05 PM #2
Wow, you might want to get that checked out.

My left ankle is terminally weaker than my right becaue I've sprained it to many times. My left knee gives me some problems every now and then. I dislocated it playing soccer about ten years ago and it has a tendancy to slip a litle bit.
Pissed Off?
2004-10-20, 12:17 PM #3
during wrestling practice my sophomore year in high school we were running and i slipped and landed full force on my knee. It still hurts and it's been at least 4 years. I think most of the reason it still hurts me is because my coach didnt think I hurt myself very badly and told me to keep practicing. ****er.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-10-20, 12:25 PM #4
I can't extend my right foot upwards without it twitching ferverously. That has caused me many many running problems during cross country years.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-10-20, 12:48 PM #5
I have extra gooey stuff in my joints (primarily in my knees) so I can walk for long periods of time without getting much pain, but after I rest I can't get up for hours. Also, I can bend my legs backwards a bit, which is always cool. It's bad though, because since I don't know when to stop walking, I sometimes make my legs give out and stuff.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-10-20, 1:16 PM #6
I have big scars on my back and a small one on my forehead.
2004-10-20, 1:17 PM #7
4 simultaneous compound fractures.

Arm in 2 places, collarbone, and fibia.

Got knocked around in traffic.

Fun.
Hazard a company one process.
2004-10-20, 1:26 PM #8
Nothing I can think of... I have never broken anything. I have injured myself, but nothing long term.
2004-10-20, 1:37 PM #9
Dislocated both of my shoulders 3 years ago, still hurts. Tendonitus in both knees, left more than the right.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-10-20, 1:41 PM #10
lets see, 4 years of paper route = messed up back
random pain in pinky and ring finger on my right hand for no reason last few days
right shoulder is hurting right now
and random leg pains
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-10-20, 1:49 PM #11
I got a big back injury when working up north, all the snow shoveling got to me I guess. the gist of it is gone, but I occasionally get an odd bar at the bottom of my back. it's a pain :mad:
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-10-20, 1:55 PM #12
I flipped a 600lb utility ATV and had it land on top of me crushing my right wrist fubar last year. Was in a cast for well over 8 months. Being a drummer, this sucked....but it seems to work fine now.
"...Those living for death will die by their own hand, Life's no ordeal if you come to terms, Reject the system dictating the norms..."
2004-10-20, 2:03 PM #13
OK... Scar for life... When I was 2-3 years, I was potty training... I was at a baby-sitter's home and was on the potty... I would always sit down, wait, and look to see if I did anything... Once, I got up to look, and jsut then, I peed. The baby-sitter went off for some paper to dry it up, and I ran off. I ran to a sofa, climbed it, and onto a window sill behind the sofa. Now, normally the baby-sitter would have pushed the sofa right against the window sill so I wouldn't fall down and hit my head on the radiator. This time, she forgot. So, I stood there watching the yard, when all of a sudden I slipped. No one knows how it happened, but guesses are that I wasn't quite finished peeing, and so some more came out, and I slipped on that when I was going to turn to go somewhere else. I slipped, and my hips got caught between the sofa and radiator. I still have that scar. Though I don't remember it, I'm also scarred in my mind... I can never look at a Grandfather-clock without feeling a little fear... Especially if the bell rings.

Another scar for life, from now on is the Movie Clip from the topic "creepy creepy".

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-10-20, 2:13 PM #14
Hmm, I suppose health problems not caused by accidents don't count? In that case, all I have is a fracture on one of my ribs from receiving a direct kick in the chest.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-10-20, 2:28 PM #15
Fell off my bike once, and landed square on both my knees, coming to a complete halt from about 30 km/h. I've never been able to run/jog for more than 5 minutes since then. Biking has become very difficult also, my knees just kill me. My favourite sport, downhill skiing, is also terrible to my knees. I used to love jumping and mogul (sp?) speed runs, now they're hard as hell.
2004-10-20, 3:39 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by clan ruthervain
broken hearts dont count.

That's what I was going to say...

But I've been lucky. I've never had any major physical injuries. Truth be told, I've barely even had any minor physical injuries.
Stuff
2004-10-20, 3:58 PM #17
"The doctor may say she died of a burst ventricle, but I know she died of a broken heart..."

:p

Anyway, I can't think of anything except for the scar on my lower lip from when it got cut in half by my tooth. Tile floors = sux.
2004-10-20, 4:11 PM #18
My left middle finger is pretty screwed up. I put my hand through a pane of glass a few years back, and it makes a weird clicking noise when I bend it.
2004-10-20, 4:43 PM #19
Only thing permanent i got is a pphat scar on my arm. I brought my skate board camping and my parents like to go wine tasting. Since we were camping in Napa they would taste a lot and we got bored. So i climbed to the top a of a newly paved concrete drive way. It was very steep. So i started on my skate board and picked up speed faster then i knew i could. before i knew it i was going to fast to jump off do i stayed on. The drive way ended into a dirt road so the board hit and I flew.

This didn’t break anything. I did brake my arm by falling off a log though. nothing eloborate there.
:cool:
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2004-10-20, 4:44 PM #20
I can't squat much without my left foot hurting. Blew that out during Kenpo. Luckily, I teach Tai Chi at the same place, so my foot is better.

It's long term because I had it for a while.

-J
2004-10-20, 4:47 PM #21
fell on my thumb a few years ago, it points in the wrong way now, i never got it checked out.

I cannot bowl right for life.
2004-10-20, 5:27 PM #22
My shoulders are prone to getting slightly pulled out of the socket, it only hurts for a second but it happens whenever put them through a fast and sudden movement.

I've never broken a bone, although I suspect I probably should have...
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-10-20, 7:16 PM #23
I lost an entire set of teeth!
This Space Intentionally Left Blank.
2004-10-20, 7:37 PM #24
i have perminatly ingured my right rist by spinning rifels. Typing for long periods agrivates it and i will problly have carpel tunnel in it before too long.

i do have a nice scar from where a x boyfriend droped me on the ground/ (it was an acident)/ this is on my elbo, hair doesent grow there anymore. odd.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-10-20, 7:42 PM #25
Skinned my knee after falling off my bike -- nice scar to remember it by too. But that's the only thing that's lasted.

And once, I fell out of a tree. I tried to grab for a branch but my arm, about 6-7 cm up from the wrist, scraped against a broken branch stub. Another nice scar.

The scars were the only permanent physical effects.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-10-20, 7:57 PM #26
I broke both my wrists when I was 3 (left one) and 4 (right one). They are stiffer than most people's wrists, and they crack when I roll them around. My hands don't get enough circulation because of it, I think. They're more susceptible to cold.
I have a signature.
2004-10-20, 7:57 PM #27
well i stubbed my toe on a thorn branch and the skin healed over the embedded thorn so it looks like a mole
2004-10-20, 8:01 PM #28
Oh yeah, I also have a massive scar on my arm where I burned myself on a mower. Thankfully, it's starting to fade a little.
2004-10-20, 9:15 PM #29
I have a big scar on my left pinky finger from where my fist went through a window accidentally when I was 10. (car accident)

I also have a chemical burn scar on the side of that hand as well towards my thumb... I accidentally spilled some sodium hydroxide on my hand in chem lab back in high school. (Fight club's reference to lye is dead right... it hurts like hell)
2004-10-20, 9:21 PM #30
I got a big chunk taken out of my leg when I was 3 from the sharp corner of a table. Now I just have a big fat scar. The only other permanent thing is where I fractured my right middle finger. The tip doesn't quite go in the right direction any more and I have lost the ability to snap my fingers.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-10-20, 10:09 PM #31
I'm a walking mass of scar tissue, from the head down I have:
  • A scar around 5cm long on hairline from getting hit in the head by a kid on a swing when I was 3
  • Scar on my right cheek form having a lump removed last year. I usually tell people I was caught in a bar fight and some guy slashed me with a broken beer bottle.
  • I have a scar on my chin from when a friend stood on my head while chasing each other in the local pool. My chin was slammed into the bottom of the pool and went home with blood streaming down my neck. Not cool
  • I had chicken pocks when I was 7 so I have a few pock marks on my chest.
  • There's a scar on my right arm from when I was cut by a tree branch while hiking on a school camping trip.
  • The scars on my right knee are my favourite. I was with an ex-girlfriend after hockey one night. We we walking towards this spot in the dark where we could wait for someone to come and get me. I could not see anything in front of me and my knee is wrecked by a fence post in the middle of this open area. It still aches from time to time when it gets cold.
  • Crashed my bike when I was 15, leaving me with a few nice scars on my left knee.
  • Scar on my left shinbone from when I tripped on a log while on another school camping trip.
  • Scar on the bottom of my foot from standing on a stick when I was 12.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-10-20, 10:16 PM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by KegZ
I'm a walking mass of scar tissue, from the head down I have:
  • A scar around 5cm long on hairline from getting hit in the head by a kid on a swing when I was 3
  • Scar on my right cheek form having a lump removed last year. I usually tell people I was caught in a bar fight and some guy slashed me with a broken beer bottle.
  • I have a scar on my chin from when a friend stood on my head while chasing each other in the local pool. My chin was slammed into the bottom of the pool and went home with blood streaming down my neck. Not cool
  • I had chicken pocks when I was 7 so I have a few pock marks on my chest.
  • There's a scar on my right arm from when I was cut by a tree branch while hiking on a school camping trip.
  • The scars on my right knee are my favourite. I was with an ex-girlfriend after hockey one night. We we walking towards this spot in the dark where we could wait for someone to come and get me. I could not see anything in front of me and my knee is wrecked by a fence post in the middle of this open area. It still aches from time to time when it gets cold.
  • Crashed my bike when I was 15, leaving me with a few nice scars on my left knee.
  • Scar on my left shinbone from when I tripped on a log while on another school camping trip.
  • Scar on the bottom of my foot from standing on a stick when I was 12.
[/B]

damn, you must scar easily..

I've been torn up worse than some of those and i heal up with barely a mark.
2004-10-20, 11:33 PM #33
If we're going to talk scars here, I have a scar going down the length of my thumb from when I sliced it to the bone with a knife. I felt pretty smart after than one
Pissed Off?
2004-10-20, 11:57 PM #34
Ruptured disk in my back for about 9 months, causing excuciating stabbing nerve pain above my left knee when it's bad.....it's turning out to be a major major major pain in the *** to get past.
2004-10-21, 12:18 AM #35
Not permanent, but I tore a ligament in my leg, and couldn't walk for six weeks, after slipping in a heroic attempt to spare others from "My Heart Will Go On". This was when you couldn't swing a cat without hitting a radio playing it.

At least my howls of pain drowned out Celine's.
2004-10-21, 2:16 AM #36
My kneecaps are out of place.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-10-21, 3:06 AM #37
About an hour ago i was walking to a shpo down the road and its raining, i slipped on some wet leaves and slid into a parked car, it looks like im gonna have 2 scars on my knee from this and one on my hand
nope.
2004-10-21, 3:31 AM #38
Lets see..

3 inch scare on the side of my right leg, just below the knee - remains of a scar that stretched from there to the ankle which I received when I got into the back of a car that had a stanley knife sticking out of a toolkit. Knife + Leg = ow.

large (though not so visible) scar on top of left foot, result of a boiling kettle of water falling on my foot.

small scar on left side of head from accident on a bike where some idiot opened his car door into me and i went into a flint wall.

missing end of my left pinky. another accident with a car where my handlebar (with hand on it) went through a cars rear light. might have left the top half-centimetre in the light itself.

small scar, approximately half an inch above my wrist (just on the edge of my palm) from another stanley knife incident.
"Whats that for?" "Thats the machine that goes 'ping'" PING!
Q. How many testers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. We just noticed the room was dark; we don't actually fix the problems.
MCMF forever.
2004-10-21, 3:38 AM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by FullMetal
small scar on left side of head from accident on a bike where some idiot opened his car door into me and i went into a flint wall

First of all, Ouch! And pls don't have me but i find that kinda funny
nope.
2004-10-21, 3:53 AM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by Boco
First of all, Ouch! And pls don't have me but i find that kinda funny

The finger hurt a lot more - I didnt even notice when I hit my head, I thought I'd just grazed it. When I got taken in for stitches however, I realised I'd actually cut a large gash in my head.
"Whats that for?" "Thats the machine that goes 'ping'" PING!
Q. How many testers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. We just noticed the room was dark; we don't actually fix the problems.
MCMF forever.

↑ Up to the top!