Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Doesn't anyone watch Baseball here?
Doesn't anyone watch Baseball here?
2004-10-20, 9:50 PM #1
SOX GOING TO THE SERIES!!!

Todatys game was just absolute spankage. 10-3 .. I missed most of it because I was asleep sick, but I catched the last 2 innings.

But what about yesterdays game? That was a good one. Homerun target in the pullover, and that gay slap. Heh.

Dicuss you're thoughts about all this. This is history people. This has never happened before in MLB... and only 7 times in other sports. (0-3 playoff comeback)
2004-10-20, 9:52 PM #2
I didn't need to watch the game. I could translate every play by interpretting the orgasmic screaming and intense yelling echoing through the hallway.
2004-10-20, 9:54 PM #3
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth
I didn't need to watch the game. I could translate every play by interpretting the orgasmic screaming and intense yelling echoing through the hallway.

That's what I love about campus life, SO MUCH SPIRIT.
If I wasn't incredibly sick, and have a crapload of work I need to do, I'd be out there with the rioting heh. Big bonfire going on. Music. Food. Fun stuff.
2004-10-20, 9:55 PM #4
I don't watch much baseball, but this year the playoffs interest me, most likely due to the fact that most of my new coworkers are baseball fanatics.

I'm glad the Redsox won. Now I get free lunch for the rest of this week, and all of next week. I missed eery game this series, since my hours at work changed. I wish I could have seen them.

Also, I don't like the New York Yankees.
2004-10-20, 9:57 PM #5
Don't worry. The Sox will **** it all up in the World Series. The curse will never be broken. :p
Pissed Off?
2004-10-20, 10:03 PM #6
The Sox will win! That is after the Tigers :rolleyes:
It's not a good comando name
2004-10-20, 10:04 PM #7
Cardinals won today. This made me very happy. They need one more win.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2004-10-20, 10:17 PM #8
Baseball isnt even a real sport. Thats my opinion.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-10-20, 10:59 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Ubuu
Baseball isnt even a real sport. Thats my opinion.

???

Unless your coming from the point of veiw that Baseball as turned into more of a big business, then I would agree.

I am glad the Red Sox won. I mean, this was history, no team has ever been down 3 - 0 and come back to win the serise. Never, in baseball history, and only 2 other times in sports PERIOD. (The other two times were in Hockey.)

'Tis very exciting.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-10-20, 11:00 PM #10
Its not. Its a bunch of fat guys who need to cheat with roids so that can compete with a bunch of other fat dudes. Where is the atheletism in that?

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-10-20, 11:21 PM #11
Do you remember when ball-room dancing was at the olympics?
If that can be a sport, then anything can be a sport.
Ten-pin-bowling is a sport, and I'm yet to see a single bowling champion who wasn't over-weight.
Not that baseball doesn't suck anyway :p
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2004-10-21, 3:41 AM #12
Quote:
Its not. Its a bunch of fat guys who need to cheat with roids so that can compete with a bunch of other fat dudes. Where is the atheletism in that?

Hello Captain Stereotype!

Oh and I watch baseball all the time. I just made a thread on this a day or two ago :p. Good stuff. Being a Sox fan, I was confused when they won last night...I am so used to being depressed...I had to call my Yankee friend, to remind me how to cheer and clap. ;)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-10-21, 4:15 AM #13
Baseball is the most boring sport in the world to watch including nascar racing and the world poker championship
nope.
2004-10-21, 4:30 AM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Ubuu

I think all of the Toronto Bluejay's are athletic.

I almost spelt that Blujay's.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-10-21, 6:28 AM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by BurrBoy
???

Unless your coming from the point of veiw that Baseball as turned into more of a big business, then I would agree.

I am glad the Red Sox won. I mean, this was history, no team has ever been down 3 - 0 and come back to win the serise. Never, in baseball history, and only 2 other times in sports PERIOD. (The other two times were in Hockey.)

'Tis very exciting.

7 times.. 2 in NHL... 5 in something else.
2004-10-21, 8:17 AM #16
Does anyone think baseball should have a salary cap?
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-10-21, 8:57 AM #17
Yeah I think they should cap it... they did it for football best thing that ever happend to it.
2004-10-21, 9:09 AM #18
Heh... it was on Sky Sports News. 30 seconds was all I could take.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-10-21, 9:52 AM #19
Although playing sports is quite fun, I can never seem to enjoy watching sports. To me, baseball is almost as boring as watching golf, and that is about as boring as it gets. I've had more excitement watching people flying kites. I do however enjoy watching fights, whether it be boxing or mixed martial arts.
2004-10-21, 10:35 AM #20
I came in and my roommate had the game on. We then talked about it and figured it would just be better to watch Army of Darkness.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-10-21, 10:48 AM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by MentatMM
Although playing sports is quite fun, I can never seem to enjoy watching sports. To me, baseball is almost as boring as watching golf, and that is about as boring as it gets. I've had more excitement watching people flying kites. I do however enjoy watching fights, whether it be boxing or mixed martial arts.

I used to agree with you.... I hated Baseball. But campus life changed that :D
2004-10-21, 10:55 AM #22
I used to hate baseball until I watched the playoffs last year. That Yankees Red Sox Game 7 is one the greatest games I have ever seen, and the Cubs series was also very exciting. I developed an interest in the sport, and watched a lot more of it this year than ever before. That being said, DAMN THE RED SOX!!!!!!!
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-10-21, 11:01 AM #23
Very little athleteism is needed in baseball. Sure you need to run around bases, but no one will ever convince me that you need to be a complete athelete to play baseball. Now, if you are a complete athlete, you are more likely to be REALLY good, hence Bo Jackson and Dieon "Primetime" Sanders.

ESPN even said that baseball is one of the easiest sports to play in the world. Haha, even golf is harder if I remember correctly.

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-10-21, 11:09 AM #24
I agree. You can get by with less total athleticism in baseball than other sports.
Pissed Off?
2004-10-21, 11:51 AM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter 4 hire
Does anyone think baseball should have a salary cap?

Yes. It would help ticket price.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-10-21, 12:37 PM #26
Ya i don't really like baseball but i watch the sieries most of the time. I really hate the yanks, they have such a monopoly. I like the giants and i was really dissapointed when they missed the playoffs by a game. :(

Go sox:D
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2004-10-21, 2:57 PM #27
They tried to cap NHL salaries and now there's a lockout. Pff.
2004-10-21, 3:39 PM #28
Somehow, I don't think the NHL will recover from that as easily as baseball. I don't watch MLB as much ever since they had that strike a few years back. Anyway, I think a salary cap is a must in baseball. I agree, look at the NFL. The salary cap made it so much better. More fun to watch.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-10-21, 4:37 PM #29
I really enjoy dling and watching game ladder/tournament demos for various games, does that count?
2004-10-21, 5:09 PM #30
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-redsoxfans-reax&prov=ap&type=lgns

Just thought I post that here since it is related to the topic. Sorry if this is consider a hijack.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-10-21, 9:53 PM #31
...Fat? You seem to have seen one baseball player, ever. Maybe it was Cecil Fielder? (No offense, Cec. You were a great slugger.)

There are some less-than-athletic looking players. Those are a small minority. By far, most professional baseball players are in excellent physical condition. Most of them train hard, building a lot of muscle and endurance. A few (few) players use or have used steroids. They are a small minority.

Hitting a baseball pitched by a professional pitcher at 80-90 mph with movement and change of speeds is the most difficult act to perform in any sport. Not to mention probably the most fear-inducing. You'll probably argue that facing down a heavy football lineman or linebacker who's charging at you is scary, but if you're a football player, you're wearing a lot of padding and a helmet, and trained to be aggressive right back in his face. You can run away, or hit him back. All baseball players have is a helmet, and a few tenths of a second to react.

It also requires a lot of skill to field a ground ball hit at you at 100 mph, and then throw it accurately and hard to a player a hundred feet away. How about making a throw in the outfield to a target at home plate that's a few square feet in size and over 300 feet away?

Ubuu, have you ever played baseball? Organized baseball? Competitive baseball? I think if you had, you wouldn't be saying the things you have said. :)
KOP_blujay
Just dancin'...and singin'...in the Force.
2004-10-21, 10:07 PM #32
The Cardinals will join them.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-10-21, 10:17 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by Schming
I came in and my roommate had the game on. We then talked about it and figured it would just be better to watch Army of Darkness.

Well, that's not fair. It's always better to watch Army of Darkness.

(If you like Army of Darkness, you might be interested in this)
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-10-21, 10:22 PM #34
Sure have blujay. You know why I played? Cause anyone can. Its an anyones game. Anyone can play at a very high level, its not hard. Football..cant do it. Hockey...cant do it. Basketball..cant do it. Sorry. I think everyone will agree with me, besides hitting those damn 90mph balls, no raw athleticism is required to play the sport. Its a lazy man's sport. If you want to call it a sport, put it with chess -- a non athletic sport.

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-10-21, 10:30 PM #35
Baseball is a game with five major tools:
1) hitting for average
2) hitting for power
3) running speed
4) arm strength
5) fielding ability

The best players are the ones that are five tool guys (ie Ken Griffey Jr., Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez)

Intelligence is also important, namely for the pitchers and cathers (Mike Mussina went to Stanford).

I love baseball, I want the Sox to win and I hate the Yankees!

That's me. Later.
"Intelligent people know of what they speak; fools speak of what they know."

- Minchas Shabbos Pirkei Avos 3:18 / Ethics Of The Fathers
2004-10-21, 10:33 PM #36
Errm...ask any of those guys to go play in another sport and watch them fail miserably.

Ask an athelete from another sport besides baseball to compete in another sport and I can name many people who are stars in their sport and would compete professionally in baseball or another sport. I dare you.

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-10-21, 10:38 PM #37
And... your point is?

2004-10-21, 10:55 PM #38
Michael Jordan wasnt a great baseball player.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-10-21, 11:08 PM #39
Yea he wasnt great, but he still had the ability to play professional baseball under the minor leagues. Tell me how many baseball players could even think of playing in the NBA or NBL? And Michael Jordan wasn't who I was talking about, my athletic knowledge surpasses the obvious.

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-10-21, 11:10 PM #40
Regardless, there is a reason that not just anybody plays professional baseball.

↑ Up to the top!