Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ashlee Simpson does it again
Ashlee Simpson does it again
2005-01-07, 3:43 PM #1
My guess is that she figured that singing would make up for that lip-syncing incident.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/ashleesimpsonboo.html
2005-01-07, 4:05 PM #2
It was pretty bad. Cracked me up though. :D

If you listen closely, you can hear someone yelling "You suck" over the boos.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-07, 4:17 PM #3
horrible quality, but nonetheless funny
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-01-07, 4:18 PM #4
The sound quality really isn't that bad. She was that bad.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-07, 4:42 PM #5
That was rather mean of the crowd, though.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-07, 4:56 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
That was rather mean of the crowd, though.

I think she deserved it. Her sister can sing, that doesnt mean she should try.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-07, 5:08 PM #7
I have no idea what happened in the video.
2005-01-07, 5:25 PM #8
I think a sports team hired a REALLY STUPID singer to sing for them and she messed up. That or Godzilla destroyed Tokyo. I really couldn't tell.

She said it was her band the first time. Where's the band now?
Ma tana ka aha...
2005-01-07, 5:26 PM #9
Looking for another lead singer. :p

The video clip is from the halftime show of the Orange bowl.
2005-01-07, 5:41 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Schming
I think she deserved it. Her sister can sing, that doesnt mean she should try.

Oh, I wholly and totally agree. But a silent crowd would have been:

• A whole Hell of a lot funnier
  • A lot less meaner
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-07, 5:49 PM #11
yea I agree. She really didnt do anything to deserve to be booed. If you dont like her, dont say anything.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-01-07, 6:19 PM #12
...What's with the anarchy symbol?
I have a signature.
2005-01-07, 6:54 PM #13
Wow that was quite funny. Gotta realize though she was yelling cause she's at a football game. Putting a CD in and lip syncing wouldn't work.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-01-07, 7:34 PM #14
I feel sorry for her. The little bit I saw certainly gives me the impression that she sucks or at least isn't talented enough to be singing as a career. She's got more guts than most people on this board though. I don't mean that as an insult to anyone here. Just, how many of us would have the nads to even attempt to sing in front of a crowd like that. She needs to move on, though.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-01-07, 7:41 PM #15
:eek:

Was she singing?

Only joking.
Ma tana ka aha...
2005-01-07, 7:57 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by THRAWN
Wow that was quite funny. Gotta realize though she was yelling cause she's at a football game. Putting a CD in and lip syncing wouldn't work.

Actually, half-tinme shows are notorious for using lip synched acts rather than letting them sing live.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-07, 8:25 PM #17
It's true though. She is horribly bad. Her sister is very talented, but I guess that doesn't run in the family.

I was watching that game and when the halftime show came on and she was singing I thought two things:

1. You're telling me they couldn't do better than Kelly Clarkson, some redneck that didn't sing loud enough, and Ashlee Simpson?

2. Oh... lipsynching was a really good idea for her...
>>untie shoes
2005-01-07, 8:44 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
Oh, I wholly and totally agree. But a silent crowd would have been:

• A whole Hell of a lot funnier
  • A lot less meaner
[/B]

Well, you gotta think, how many people are going to go "Oh lets go silent and embarass her more." It's human nature to yell boo rather than stay silent. About a dozen people yell it out, then it turns to 2 dozen, then 50, then a hundred, etc. If a dozen people don't scream boo, I doubt the rest will go "Hey let's be quiet."
2005-01-07, 9:12 PM #19
I was reading somewhere and I cracked me up:

Quote:
COMMENTARY
By Michael Ventre
MSNBC contributor
Updated: 1:13 p.m. ET Jan. 6, 2005

In this case, if Ashlee Simpson had flashed a breast, the FCC probably would have let it go.

advertisement
After all, agencies of the federal government are there to protect the citizenry from any sort of injury or harm. Ashlee’s performance at halftime of Tuesday night’s Orange Bowl in Miami was about as close as a singer gets to committing aggravated assault. If she had only taken a lesson from Janet Jackson, the world would be talking today about the exposure of a boob rather than a fraud.

Article
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-01-07, 9:21 PM #20
I think she completely deserved it. I watched it live and man, even her lypsynching was horrible. She hardly opened her mouth when she was supposed to singing with strong vocals. It was pathetic! Her dancing was even along the lines of a stupid teenie bopper dancing in her room and she just looked completely stupid in those punk goth clothes.

She deserved to be booed, she's NOT A SINGER and the booes should help the stupid execs that are whoring her leave well enough alone.

Jessica Simpson isn't even worth watching, let alone her untalented sister who's more of a puppet than even britney spears.

I would've been right there with'em booing. Think it's mean? It's called reality, if it's mean to give your opinion just because it's deemed negative or mean then that's pretty pathetic.

If she thinks she has a right to "sing" like that, then those people definitely have a right to boo her.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-01-07, 9:24 PM #21
I stand corrected. Ashlee Simpson did not mess up. ABC did.
Ma tana ka aha...
2005-01-07, 9:31 PM #22
http://www.juiceenewsdaily.com/0105/entertainment/ashlee_orange.html
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-01-07, 10:01 PM #23
^^heehee.
Quote:
Simpson's vocals were the talk of the town after her 'Milli-Vanilli' antics were exposed on Saturday Night Live in the Fall of 2004. Simson first blamed the incident on her band, only to later use acid reflux as the culprit.
Sure... acid reflux. Makes more sense. :rolleyes:
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-07, 10:06 PM #24
Well what do you expect I mean she's still young her voice is kinda crap still.
2005-01-07, 10:08 PM #25
And it always will be.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-07, 10:16 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior

Are you serious?
D E A T H
2005-01-07, 10:18 PM #27
Quote:

She's twenty, not thirteen.
2005-01-07, 10:57 PM #28
She just looks 13.

Ok I just viewed the video in Quicktime at 200K. That is the most horrible sound thing I have ever listened to. And I've heard myself sing. Jesus Christ, do voice synthesizers work that well?!
2005-01-07, 11:52 PM #29
Quote:

That arguement has no validity. When Christina Aguilera did that song for Mulan, she was like 14, and amazing.

Age doesn't have much to do with it, especially if you're as bad as Ashlee.
2005-01-08, 1:05 AM #30
Right at the moment Im listneing to Charlotte Church, who is about 18 or so. She is a fantastic operatic singer... absolutely amazing.
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2005-01-08, 1:11 AM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by SithNazgul
Right at the moment Im listneing to Charlotte Church, who is about 18 or so. She is a fantastic operatic singer... absolutely amazing.

She was damn good last time I heard her, when she was 15 or so.
D E A T H
2005-01-08, 3:31 AM #32
Indeed. Charlotte Church is a wonderful singer.
2005-01-08, 3:51 AM #33
Ugh...That is pretty bad.
Hopefully puberty kicks in soon and I get an awesome voice.
But I doubt it :(
2005-01-08, 5:20 AM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06
I feel sorry for her. The little bit I saw certainly gives me the impression that she sucks or at least isn't talented enough to be singing as a career. She's got more guts than most people on this board though. I don't mean that as an insult to anyone here. Just, how many of us would have the nads to even attempt to sing in front of a crowd like that. She needs to move on, though.

Agreed. The outward hostility of the masses makes me want to reserve judgement - I certainly don't think she's all that good, but she has enough people telling her she sucks that I don't think it's really necessary to add to it. For me, the kind of ridicule she has been subjected to would be more than enough for me to turn into a total recluse, and while I hope she has the sense to quit singing as a career, she doesn't seem to be the sort of person to let this stuff stop her completely, which is incredibly admirable.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-08, 5:36 AM #35
People just seem to like being mean I suppose.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-08, 6:05 AM #36
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06

Probably no one here has the guts to go on that stage. But the problem is poor judgment. It didin't seem she was prepared for this show (especially with her choice of song). And I'm sure no one in the crowd wanted to pay to listen that (well, I guess anyone can leave at the half-time show and come back). I hope she reflects on this more.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-08, 7:39 AM #37
If one chooses a career as a musician, it's very naive to believe they won't get negative comments at some point in theirr career. It's called the price of fame. Maybe she would take those boo's and do something constructive with it, like buy talent. She was just bad, and the crowd let her know it. It's better than everyone yelling "you suck" or something worse.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-01-08, 10:32 AM #38
she is hot
2005-01-08, 10:35 AM #39
I don't feel sorry for no talent hacks riding their older siblings coattails to undeserved fame and making tons of money when they get booed. Frankly, I wish I was up there in her place. I'd be getting myself booed right off the stage every damn time but it pays pretty good.
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2005-01-08, 10:58 AM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by maevie
Agreed. The outward hostility of the masses makes me want to reserve judgement - I certainly don't think she's all that good, but she has enough people telling her she sucks that I don't think it's really necessary to add to it. For me, the kind of ridicule she has been subjected to would be more than enough for me to turn into a total recluse, and while I hope she has the sense to quit singing as a career, she doesn't seem to be the sort of person to let this stuff stop her completely, which is incredibly admirable.

Admirable, yes. But one would hope that she learns from that day and either a) She needs to abandon singing career and go for something else (no shame in that) or b) she needs to fade out of spotlight to work on singing. There is no shame in option a.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!