Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Napoleon Dynamite Mania
Napoleon Dynamite Mania
2005-01-08, 8:40 PM #41
Quote:
Originally posted by El Scorcho
Most people who like the movie, say they loved it. And the people who hate the movie say that it had no plot.

I ask you this: What was so fantastic about other comedy movies plots that they were even worth having? It usually just gets in the way of the funny in my perspective. If I want plot, I'll rent a drama. If I was stupid funnies I rent a comedy.

well my thing is that I don't really like stupid funny. That kind of stuff just isn't that funny to me. I'm sorry to say this but I hated Anchorman and Kung Pow as well. I can't say anything about this since I have yet to see it, but what's funny to me requires more wit and irony and dry humor, that kind of stuff. Granted, there are some stupid funny movie that I liked, but they're few and far between. meh, I guess that's just me. I'll have to see it for myself.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-01-08, 8:45 PM #42
it had a plot... get the girl and then get pedro to be the president. and try to deal with your brother and uncle. and the way the movie went about it was actually *gasp* real to life. not a lot of amazing things happen in real life like they do in other teen movies. not evething works out to be so cool and perfectly timed like in big hollywood films.

napoleon is like the real life geek that everyone makes fun of at school, but the audience thinks he's awesome. thats what so flippin sweet about it.

and yes, its suffering from chappelle's syndrom. over-quotation. makes it less funny, and you need to remind the people who over quote it of that, or you wont wanna watch it anymore. pisses me off.
2005-01-08, 8:47 PM #43
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
2 hours. ;)

I'm pretty sure it was 3. I just watched it last week. (For the 5th time)
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-01-08, 9:07 PM #44
Quote:
Originally posted by drizzt2k2
I'm pretty sure it was 3. I just watched it last week. (For the 5th time)

...*snipe*

...what?
D E A T H
2005-01-08, 9:15 PM #45
I tried watching it today, but got bored and turned it off. One of the most horribly unfunny movies I've seen recently.

↑ Up to the top!