Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Stingy bush
Stingy bush
2005-01-10, 1:32 PM #1
does anybody else think bush is stingy in donating to victims of the southasian tsunami? i mean he donated a stinkin 10,000 bucks when regular people are donating 100,000! sandra bullock donated 1 million! i heard that on world news tonight.
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-10, 1:34 PM #2
Obviously you have no grasp on current events....
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-10, 1:34 PM #3
The President makes much less money than Sandra Bullock.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-01-10, 1:36 PM #4
Awww, he donated more then me. :(

(But only just!)
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-10, 1:38 PM #5
Ontario canada alone has donated well over $500 000

My city alone: $300 000 (Which is in Ontario ;) )
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-10, 1:51 PM #6
never liked the guy anyway...
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-10, 1:51 PM #7
Honestly, I think what people *donate* to charitable causes should be between them and the organization, not blasted all over the news. Seriously, its like some people are saying "look at me, I gae these poor, poor people lots and lots of money, I am a wonderful person!" Giving should be prompted by one's convictions, not as a contest.
"The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't. I'll leave you hanging there for the moment, and let you age while the shadows don't lengthen, if you see what I mean." ~~Steven Brust
2005-01-10, 2:01 PM #8
Normal people are donating 100,000 dollars? What the hell?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-10, 2:01 PM #9
$10,000 is a substantial amount of money for anyone. That's more money than I made last year. I prefer people to be humble about what the send, by not telling anyone, instead of using it for publicity.
2005-01-10, 2:02 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Glyde Bane
Ontario canada alone has donated well over $500 000

My city alone: $300 000 (Which is in Ontario ;) )

Hey cool always good to meet someone from near by what city do you live in?
2005-01-10, 2:03 PM #11
My god, people are complaining about the amount someone willingly donates. That is what a blind vendetta looks like.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-01-10, 2:12 PM #12
Personally he can donate whatever his heart feel fit in my opinion we really should judge. He could have done it completely out of the good of his heart.
2005-01-10, 2:22 PM #13
bush doens't have to donate anything.

also, i would bet money he actually makes more than sandra bullock and jim carey and beyonce combined. he is the son of bush the oil guy. his allowance is probably more than i'll ever make in my life.
2005-01-10, 2:26 PM #14
Or at least when Bush senior kicks the bucket and he gets his inheritance. Now that estate tax has been repealed, he's saved himself millions.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-10, 2:30 PM #15
voted in for personal gain. nice.
2005-01-10, 2:32 PM #16
Well, a lot of those senators who voted on it had a lot to gain from it too. But Joe average has nothing to gain from it. It's money going into the pockets of the rich at the expense of the country's social programs.
2005-01-10, 2:45 PM #17
social programs??? they have those in the US? ;) :p
2005-01-10, 3:00 PM #18
Didn't we have a previous thread about exactly this?

And didn't that collapse into a quagmire of notniceness?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-10, 3:03 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by SenatorPheba
Honestly, I think what people *donate* to charitable causes should be between them and the organization, not blasted all over the news. Seriously, its like some people are saying "look at me, I gae these poor, poor people lots and lots of money, I am a wonderful person!" Giving should be prompted by one's convictions, not as a contest.

PSST: Be careful, I got kicked off a thread for making a very similar statement. People don't like to hear that good things are done for the people on the receiving end, not for oneself.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-10, 3:09 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
PSST: Be careful, I got kicked off a thread for making a very similar statement. People don't like to hear that good things are done for the people on the receiving end, not for oneself.

Somehow, I don't quite buy that.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-10, 3:48 PM #21
[http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net/53/1.jpg]
Pissed Off?
2005-01-10, 3:56 PM #22
bush doesnt have any money for funding schools and relief efforts because he blew all of it on the damn war on terror!

whoohoo, saddams in jail. the tsunami killed more people than 2 wars on terror!
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-10, 3:57 PM #23
Normal people sold their bodies to charity... right? I'm sure I am normal and not the only one. Right? :o
2005-01-10, 3:58 PM #24
Way to throw out statements without backing them up smart guy.

The US has sent $350 million in relief (that' just government money, not including private donations) and there are US military forces aiding as well. You lose.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-10, 3:59 PM #25
what are you talking about?????????????????????????:confused:
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-10, 4:00 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth_biggs
bush doesnt have any money for funding schools and relief efforts because he blew all of it on the damn war on terror!

Actually, you must be thinking of the US Treasury. If Bush didn't have money for school, he wouldn't have gone to an Ivy League university.

Seriously, we could technically spend more on the relief efforts AND the war on terror. You'd just have to do a little deficit spending.

I am so tired of trolls who aren't funny. Post satirical posts that have strong political implications... but be clever.
2005-01-10, 4:02 PM #27
How much did you donate biggs?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation...
2005-01-10, 4:02 PM #28
what ev
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-10, 4:02 PM #29
YAY my school raised over 5000! which will be matched by the government to make over 10000!! WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! and yes bush makes less than sandrabullock, he just has a free house to live in.
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2005-01-10, 4:05 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolvie17
YAY my school raised over 5000! which will be matched by the government to make over 10000!! WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! and yes bush makes less than sandrabullock, he just has a free house to live in.

Sandra Bullock doesn't have to spend 800 billion dollars to live in a house either.
2005-01-10, 4:06 PM #31
Quote:
what ev

Which means you gave nothing. You sound pretty stingy to me dude.
2005-01-10, 4:08 PM #32
wtf fairx?!!

i donated 3000 bucks! i plan to donate more over the next months

i from the east man!
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-10, 4:08 PM #33
Somehow, I just don't believe you.

Quote:
what are you talking about?????????????????????????:confused:

Cold hard facts. You still lose.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-10, 4:15 PM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger

The US has sent $350 million in relief (that' just government money, not including private donations) and there are US military forces aiding as well. You lose.

<3 Avenger.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-10, 4:20 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evad
bush doens't have to donate anything.

also, i would bet money he actually makes more than sandra bullock and jim carey and beyonce combined. he is the son of bush the oil guy. his allowance is probably more than i'll ever make in my life.

How much will you bet me? Google "Bush Income Tax Returns" or similar. You should easily find his most recent (2003) return. That obviously won't show how much money is invested but who cares? He donated generously last year. There has also been more than enough money already donated towards this tsunami anyway when you count all of the charity and international aid.

Quote:
does anybody else think bush is stingy in donating to victims of the southasian tsunami? i mean he donated a stinkin 10,000 bucks when regular people are donating 100,000! sandra bullock donated 1 million! i heard that on world news tonight.

Seems condescending to diminish a $10,000 donation just because you gave $100,000. That is what you gave, right?

You know, the more I think about this, the more irritated I get. Certain people just can't help but point fingures at what other people do or don't do. Just makes me want to scream, "mind your own business!"
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-01-10, 4:22 PM #36
this is our buisness. he's the president of the us of a!! its about US reputation here. if everyone else says were stingy, just because of one guy, that is our buisness.
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-10, 4:27 PM #37
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger

He was referring to Bush's PERSONAL donation, not the US's government's help. Although, I really don't blame you. People nowadays seem to think Bush IS the U.S government, not just a part of it.
2005-01-10, 4:30 PM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Or at least when Bush senior kicks the bucket and he gets his inheritance. Now that estate tax has been repealed, he's saved himself millions.

Umm, the death tax is immoral and, according to this link, doesn't seemed to have been repealed seeing as how they give instructions on how to file.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-01-10, 4:34 PM #39
Quote:
this is our buisness. he's the president of the us of a!! its about US reputation here. if everyone else says were stingy, just because of one guy, that is our buisness.

Screw anyone that calls a country or its population stingy when a minimum of $350,000,000 government funds have been donated and the president alone donates $10,000. How in the hell is $10,000 stingy anyway? I know rich people like you look down on most of us but $10,000 is a substantial sum of money to most people.

Oh, and funny how President Clinton's sexual scandals are nobody's business but a "paltry" $10,000 donation to those in need is horrible to some. LOL! Get a life!

2005-01-10, 4:36 PM #40
Quote:

You posted this thread in a deliberate attempt to troll these forums. Now you're trying to defend a position that doesn't even make sense.

You can't call a person stingy just because his initial contribution isn't 400 billion dollars. Maybe I should call you stingy because you've only given 3000 dollars instead of 10000.

Stop trolling and stop posting flame bait.

↑ Up to the top!