Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Positive Reinforcement:
Positive Reinforcement:
2005-01-10, 5:26 PM #1
While I may be one of the people that is being accused of being not such a nice person, believe it or not, I'm just as sick of the flaming as anyone else.

So I devise this thread: A spin-off of a thread once posted before. You post positive feedback about the previous poster. The difference in this thread is that we will find ACTUAL things to post about, unlike the posts made in that previous thread like:

"The above poster tends to be right a lot... and he's got green in his name"

I mean real and deep meanings. You also don't have to limit yourself to just the previous poster. Post about those who you may not have the best relationship with. This is to not only generate some kindness in massassi, but also to raise some spirits of those who have been feeling awful down lately. So use your insufferable wit to brighten someone's day, rather than crush it. No veiled attacks, no suggested feuds, and no politics. Just honest to goodness good will. And if you have little to post, or very general and basic things to say, don't post. Post when you really have to admit something good about the person, and focus on that until you've given the person the just friendliness and encouragement they deserve.

Since no one posted before me, obviously, I'll make my ode to someone who few might expect me too:

BoricuaDelight - While I may not get along with her, and her morals, her strong point resides in this fact. She believes in her morals, and stands by them. She accepts other's morals as their own, but preaches and explains her morals and their importance. If more people in the world had morals, any morals, and even half as many of the good ones that Laura sports, we'd have a much better world.

She holds good company, and protects her friends with a vengeance. She seems to be the person who would stick by her friends right until the end. A true samwise by nature, Laura always shares an encouraging word and a few smiley faces with those who she values as friends. These are all qualities I only wished I shared.

[fixt for spelling... damn posative != positive]

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-10, 5:29 PM #2
jEDIkIRBY - he PWNS in Jedi Knight...must be all that DoD practice. He really is a nice guy, people just don't like it when he tells it how it is. He's great at writing and has a good sense of humor. He also gives good lovin'...sometimes :o
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-10, 5:31 PM #3
SAJN master. He hates bush. I, too, hate bush.

I challenge you to find something positive to say about me.
>>untie shoes
2005-01-10, 5:31 PM #4
You have opinions on stuff.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-10, 5:31 PM #5
YOU GET A GOLD STAR! GOOD JOB!
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2005-01-10, 5:32 PM #6
Zuljin- The guy makes me laugh a lot. He is rather frank about a lot of things and sometimes just comes way out of left field with some stuff. Sure he can be an *** (No offense Zuljin) but then again, aren't we all at some point? He's also a great guy to just chat with and joke around with.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-01-10, 5:32 PM #7
Also...

GBK - Everyone makes fun of him, but since I've been here (lurking since 1999) I've NEVER seen him do anything wrong. He is the cog kid. He seems smart and kind, and it's a shame that people put him down when he's feeling depressed. Even though :gbk: has become an ongoing joke, we all '<3' GBK because of his skills with computers and his kindness.
2005-01-10, 5:33 PM #8
Bill inspires meaningful debate ...

I mean he, uhh ...

Well, Bill is a cool name. And he's probably just kidding. Just see his sig.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-01-10, 5:33 PM #9
GBK's great, he's always willing to help out with whatever you may need help with.

SAJN's cool because he photorapes stuff. And it makes me laugh. Which is good.
2005-01-10, 5:34 PM #10
Actually I changed my sig!

Wookie06 pays attention to detail... er....

*joke*
>>untie shoes
2005-01-10, 5:36 PM #11
Zuljin - Amazing texture artists...amazing artist. Sure he hates me more then most people hate Hitler, but then again he knew me back when I was a n00b to this site...an annoying pest that didn't know what he was doing wrong. I don't put it against him. He has talents of all kinds, and according to the ladies on this site he has looks. :cool:
2005-01-10, 5:36 PM #12
Shintock's always saying stuff.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-10, 5:36 PM #13
DeTRiTiC-iQ - Always has the right thing to say ;)
2005-01-10, 5:36 PM #14
Keep to the topic... Please.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-10, 5:37 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill
Actually I changed my sig!

Wookie06 pays attention to detail... er....

*joke*

'Bout time you changed! It was a lie anyway. You know, it crossed my mind to double check that before I posted. Damn you!

GBK's cool because he can actually think in COG.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-01-10, 5:38 PM #16
Outlaw Torn- in my discussions with him before my msn messenger died, he always seemed to be a great guy. he has always seemed to listen to my sometimes unintelligible blabbering and would always make for great and friendly conversation. he genuinely cares for those who are close to him.

does it have to be someone who has already posted here?
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-01-10, 5:40 PM #17
Wookie06: One of the few people I'm always at odds with, yet still respect deeply. Most of the time he's annoyingly right and I just don't want to admit it, so I give him more crap. Never new until recently that he's served in the military and that's something I deeply respect.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-10, 5:40 PM #18
BTW, Wookie... I pretty much am always just kidding. I just refuse to use smilies and such.
>>untie shoes
2005-01-10, 5:40 PM #19
sugarless5 is a lady. I like ladies.

she also always seems really friendly.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-10, 5:41 PM #20
DeT: Your mother isn't shy about letting me sex her up on your kitchen table.
2005-01-10, 5:44 PM #21
Seriously, guys.. I can tell that kirby was about to blow a gasket in his post above, but he refrained and aksed nicely. Can't you just respect his wishes and not derail the thread for once? Please?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-10, 5:46 PM #22
Hey, Bill liked what I said about him, so I can only assume Shintock feels the same.

Freelancer - Made sexy JK maps.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-10, 5:46 PM #23
freelancer also seems nice, and I have to errr..."give props" to jedikirby for this thread and Freelancer for trying to keep it on topic and keep kirby's wishes in mind
2005-01-10, 5:47 PM #24
Oh come on Freelancer... everyone's being nice. I think this thread is succeeding wildly. If it's not, at least it's making me laugh.

I don't know anything about Sugarless... sorry!
>>untie shoes
2005-01-10, 5:49 PM #25
Bill: Has the same first name as Hitler.

Yeah. That's it.
2005-01-10, 5:50 PM #26
^^ has a sense of humor (I chuckled at that, hehe)

I've only once seen gbk screw up. Actually, I didn't see it, I just saw that another admin edited his post and left "You should know better."

Most of the people who seem to be annoying to so many other massassians I don't really find deserving of (many of) the flames they get. This includes obi_kwiet, Boricua, gbk (dunno, maybe everyone is just joking about him?), Mechwarrior, Sajn, and a few others I can't remember at the moment.

Maybe I tend to overlook what is so annoying, I don't know, but I find them no more annoying than any other massassian.

(sorry for lack of synonym for 'annoying').
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-01-10, 6:02 PM #27
Slaw makes me hungry.
2005-01-10, 6:03 PM #28
Mordifier is envied by me.
>>untie shoes
2005-01-10, 6:05 PM #29
Bill... um... well... I can't think of a single negative thing about Bill at the moment!

(Well I can't think of a positive thing either but that's beside the point.)

2005-01-10, 6:10 PM #30
I'd just like to reply to Kirby. The next poster should just reply to the person above me. I'd like to say:

I think Kirby is an opinonated guy and justifiably so. There is nothing wrong with that. I have also seen that you are a good friend, by posts you have made regarding your getting a friend of yours flowers. I cant recall if it was for an occassion or just as a gesture of friendship, but I saw that you seem that you as well can be loyal to your friends.

Although at times we dont see eye to eye, I'm glad that now we will be able to hopefully move fwd from the past and give each other a fresh start. I appreciate this attempt to move fwd, and I promise to equally do my part in this effort. New year, new beginnings, and hopefully better times :)

Laura
2005-01-10, 6:17 PM #31
Hmm. This thread is getting a bit messy. Anyway...

The_Mega_ZZTer, I love your Patch Enforcer. Worked on my computer when Patch Commander didn't. Much appreciation.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-10, 6:17 PM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by BoricuaDelight
I'd just like to reply to Kirby. The next poster should just reply to the person above me.

You're not getting over that easy! Not from this mean, cold, ultra-rightwing conservative.

BD often posts squimish, nicey-nice, girly posts that irritate some. But, what the "hey"! That's what really nice girls do sometimes. I, for one, cannot criticize someone for being nice and sensitive to others. *wonders to self what brought her here*

You're pretty cool, kid. (And don't take offense to the term "kid". Army peeps often use that as a term of endearment.)

2005-01-10, 6:23 PM #33
Wookie's views are very clear and he stands up for them, even though they aren't the most popular views here on this board. I also respect the military service, which I feel gives him a much better and greater world view than many of us here.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-10, 6:23 PM #34
Let's be perfectly honest: no one at this site is a particularly impressive individual. Naturally this includes me, as I'm guilty of the same crime as everyone else: visiting this site. There are, however, individuals who are even more weak of mind: those who take this website seriously. Everyone who honestly thinks this place should be a hub of insightful communication and worthwhile debate, repeat the original purpose of the site to yourself once out loud (slowly): a Star Wars video game editing related website. What certain individuals should realize is that Massassi does not need a public "Ban List" or other such infantile additions, but a more laid back additude. Now that's not to say individuals who port**** the server shouldn't be dealt with, but those who respond to a blatantly stupid post with a comment pointing out said blatant stupidity are not worthy of a ban. I know people get attached to things in disturbingly strong ways, but it couldn't hurt everyone to realize that this is in fact a WEBSITE and not the ****ing holy land. Chill out.
2005-01-10, 6:27 PM #35
Well Super, you did post the honest thing. Good job.
>>untie shoes
2005-01-10, 6:30 PM #36
There's this place near here called Bill's Guns...
2005-01-10, 6:37 PM #37
MOrflidor: Is..umm, I dont know him well, but I guess that is a good thing cause he stays secluded and never reallly seems a threat. Good community guy.

I dare someone to say something nice about me. Dig deep, I know its tough.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-01-10, 6:41 PM #38
is it really that tough to just say something nice about everyone? here, I'll go for it. Super S51: though I may not agree with the circumstances under which you post such things, you are honest and you don't flame people for disagreeing with your ideas.

and I tihnk you underestimate youself and the people here, all of the [admitantly few] people I know well in here are pretty d*** fabulous, myself included ;)
2005-01-10, 6:42 PM #39
Ubuu takes a lot of crap here, but for the most part, he doesn't let it get to him. He's one of the few people here that's down with rap and hip-hop. Add to that that he never plays the musical elistist card when people get to calling some type of music or artist crap.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-10, 6:45 PM #40
Avenger, its probably the most real person on this board. Cool guy, I could easily chill have a beer with him. Sees this board for what it is...just a gathering and doesnt get at anyone or let it get to him. Usually he speaks wise word in threads that need to be chilled.

Why isnt he a mod yet? :D
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

↑ Up to the top!