Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Human Cloning...
Human Cloning...
2005-01-12, 2:47 PM #41
Actually, Obi's right. It was shown a couple of years ago that cloned human cells don't develop properly. They may, however, have gotten around the problem by now.

In any case, I don't see a point of cloning an entire human. The only possible use I could think of would be for stem cells, and even those can be obtained in different ways (we have stem cells in us already that can fill quite a few purposes).

But if some weirdo wants to give birth to their father or something, I'm not going to stop them.
Stuff
2005-01-12, 2:51 PM #42
It's cells have properly functioning telmeres, so it's quite dissimillar to a cancer. It has the 46 chromosomes of a human, so likening it to any other type of organism is incorrect.

There is no process of logic that would allow any human to define when human cells attain humanity, since one would then have to rationally define what makes something human, which has yet to be done. Furthermore by saying the cells are not human here but are here with no proof to the matter would defy some process of logic, if I'm not mistaken.

Just my 2 cents, and this seems to be getting off-topic.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-01-12, 2:51 PM #43
So killing a living being is ok and killing an animal isn't... :rolleyes:

↑ Up to the top!