Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → WONS......I mean 'SNOW'!!!!
WONS......I mean 'SNOW'!!!!
2005-01-11, 4:43 PM #1
I'm here in Logan Utah, and the past weekend to today has been nuts. Saturday night to Sunday morning, we got 18 inches of snow, then it rained most of the day Sunday and Monday, and then snowed all of last night. We have 2 feet of snow right now, and they've estimated we've recieved 38" total over the past few days. (That isn't counting the rain. We only have 2' on the ground right now because the rain melted a lot of it.

Check this out.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
2005-01-11, 4:45 PM #2
Holy crap. I'm ****loads further north than you and we haven't seen that here.
2005-01-11, 4:46 PM #3
Bah, I'm down here in Orem and we haven't seen any of this snow. Oh well, at least they should be getting plenty in the mountains so that I can have fun snowboarding.
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-11, 4:47 PM #4
Closeup of the ruler

2005-01-11, 4:48 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Leader
Bah, I'm down here in Orem and we haven't seen any of this snow. Oh well, at least they should be getting plenty in the mountains so that I can have fun snowboarding.

Hey, nice to see another Massassian from Utah. Where in Orem do you live? I used to live in Nephi, which is south of that.

2005-01-11, 4:48 PM #6
Minnesota sucks for snow this year :(
2005-01-11, 4:53 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by BrianTheSith
Hey, nice to see another Massassian from Utah. Where in Orem do you live? I used to live in Nephi, which is south of that.

I live right across the street from UVSC, in some apartments that are right on the interstate. Kieran Horn is from Utah as well, I believe.
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-11, 4:55 PM #8
About how much we got in Cleveland total before it started melting. Actually more like a foot less.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-11, 4:55 PM #9
Quote:
I live right across the street from UVSC, in some apartments that are right on the interstate. Kieran Horn is from Utah as well, I believe.

Cool

2005-01-11, 5:26 PM #10
Yeah. He's from Utah. I remember him posting on a Mormon thread about it.
D E A T H
2005-01-11, 6:30 PM #11
Uhh, isn't that picture photoshopped? (please, no bashing, it just looks really fake)
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-01-11, 6:33 PM #12
I assure you it isn't. I've already heard from several people that they got that much snow up there. On another note, it started snowing here in Orem a couple hours ago, but its so hot down here that its melting as soon as it hits the ground, or turning into a fine vapor. I personally hate that, as it does nothing other then get me wet when I walk home from school. :p
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-11, 6:36 PM #13
I suggest one thing... put on a coat.
2005-01-11, 7:14 PM #14
Quote:
I assure you it isn't. I've already heard from several people that they got that much snow up there. On another note, it started snowing here in Orem a couple hours ago, but its so hot down here that its melting as soon as it hits the ground, or turning into a fine vapor. I personally hate that, as it does nothing other then get me wet when I walk home from school. :p

Are you sure? It's not the snow I'm talking about btw. The perspective just seems really off. The main thing that makes me think it looks fake is the lighting. BriantheSith doesn't seem to fit in with the lighting. His clothes and face look like they're in broad-daylight (yes I realize there's a spotlight shining on him, but it still looks really out of place). Plus there are no footprints or tracks in the snow leading up to his position.

:confused:
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-01-11, 7:33 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Daft_Vader
Are you sure? It's not the snow I'm talking about btw. The perspective just seems really off. The main thing that makes me think it looks fake is the lighting. BriantheSith doesn't seem to fit in with the lighting. His clothes and face look like they're in broad-daylight (yes I realize there's a spotlight shining on him, but it still looks really out of place). Plus there are no footprints or tracks in the snow leading up to his position.

I'm glad you said that because I thought the same thing. If it is real, then, well that's just an odd picture. But my first guess would definately be photoshopped.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2005-01-11, 8:06 PM #16
It does look a bit fake...but I think i can explain it. (Oh BTW, I don't really think your stupid, it's just a joke :p)
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-11, 8:08 PM #17
hehe
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-01-11, 8:09 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Daft_Vader

Don't worry, I don't think you are trying to fight or bash me. I can kinda see what you are saying. Amazingly enough, it is real, but it has been photoshopped, to an extent. All I did was change the color, making the whites more white, and the blacks more black with curves. It kinda blew it out a bit, but it was intentional. Nothing else has been done to the image. There actually are footprints, you just can't see them because of the angle, and because I kinda jumped to where I am because I wanted to be in the "fresh" snow. Here are some before and after shots, as well as some w/out the flash.

Oh, and the no coat thing is because I was in a hurry. I was taking the picture for my sister who had a bet with a friend of hers that we have over 15" of snow. She won, obviously.

At work today, we had a guy clear the snow in our small parking lot, and he pushed it up against a wall near our studio. We jumped out of the second story window into the drifts, taking pictures. I'll post some of those when I get them. Pretty fun.

2005-01-11, 8:14 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
(Oh BTW, I don't really think your stupid, it's just a joke :p)

No worries. ;)

2005-01-11, 8:16 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
Holy crap. I'm ****loads further north than you and we haven't seen that here.

That's because you haven't been outside. We have twice that much right now. :p

But seriously, what are you doing in a T-shirt? :confused:
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-11, 8:17 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Flexor
That's because you haven't been outside. We have twice that much right now. :p

I meant in one snowfall. :p
2005-01-11, 8:20 PM #22
I was going to mention how, because the flash is reflecting off the snow, it looks like there's a mask layer overlayed on the image. Because he's being lit up, and the snow at his feet are bright as well, they both look added. Plus, the background looks like a scenic view without a person there. Although, the sheer fact that there's camera effects between the snow and you, shows that, if it were a photoshop job, the shopper would have to know EXACTLY how to do a shine of snow like that, and know EXACTLY which pieces would blur, and which would not.

This picture would actually do well in a photo class to show some tricks that can be done with depth of field, and such.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-11, 8:46 PM #23
There's at least 5 feet up at Tahoe right now, with more snow falling and on the way.
2005-01-11, 9:00 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
I meant in one snowfall. :p

oh ok then :p

I don't know where you were this fall.. but for a time, it snowed EVERYWHERE except montreal. You could drive for one hour up north and you'd have 3 feet of snow on the ground... but here? Nothing. Just plain asphalt. You could drive east, there was snow. You could drive west, there was snow. You could drive south, there was snow. But nowhere in montreal. And then one day, BAM! a huge storm, and we got about 2 feet in a few hours only.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-11, 9:03 PM #25
Yeah I remember that. I had gone to Sherbrooke on the weekend, and there was a ****load of snow over there. Here, there was nothing. Then for a week straight, it didn't stop. :(
2005-01-11, 11:03 PM #26
Be careful! The snow will eat your pants!

>.>

Ok... never mind.

Anyway, I only got like somewhere between 2-4 inches of snow, preceeded with a nice thick layer of ice, all of which I had fun in with my car until I wanged my front tire into a curb of the parking lot in front of my church, and threw off my alignment. :(

Come on... I was driving a Tempo. It craves to slide around. Might as well take advantage of it.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-11, 11:59 PM #27
Wish we could get something like that down here in Texas. Wait. No I don't, because Winter sucks. But the snow does look cool.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-01-12, 1:45 AM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by tofu
There's at least 5 feet up at Tahoe right now, with more snow falling and on the way.

No kidding. All the storms that dumped that snow passed right through the Bay Area. It was crazy here last night.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-12, 3:50 AM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
Come on... I was driving a Tempo. It craves to slide around. Might as well take advantage of it.

YES. I seriously ABUSED my old 91 Tempo before it died. That thing was terrible, the only thing it was good for was sliding around and racing my buddies on dirt roads.
2005-01-12, 5:20 AM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by finity5
Minnesota sucks for snow this year :(
Agreed, and then we get Canadian frozen air *sigh*
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-01-12, 5:37 AM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by Genki
Agreed, and then we get Canadian frozen air *sigh*

That's just Flirbnic. He's had baked beans. Frozen baked beans.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-12, 6:15 AM #32
The South East has seen no snow thus far. That sucks.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-01-12, 6:49 AM #33
Germany this year = no snow... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-01-12, 8:38 AM #34
Here in long beach, we never get any snow at all. You have to go up past sacramento to get any.
2005-01-12, 8:41 AM #35
Germany and countries close to it (like The Netherlands) always get a lot of snow in late January or in February. If it snows here in December, it's an exception.
2005-01-12, 8:42 AM #36
Well, so much for being "The Great White North"... it's currently raining here in Toronto.
Stuff
2005-01-12, 8:50 AM #37
It's 75 degrees in Atlanta.... something's wrong here.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-12, 10:05 AM #38
We had a huge snowstorm last year and we had at least 2 feet of snow. My father and I then decided to get a snowblower in Nov. 04. Yesterday was the first day it snowed here and we've only had a couple inches. The snowblower will probably sit in the garage for the rest of the season.
No sig.
2005-01-12, 11:11 AM #39
What's that white stuff you're walking in? Is that snow? People from back east East County keep telling me about that stuff.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-12, 12:44 PM #40
Virginia sucks! Atleast where I live in it does. We've not seen any snow here yet. And we've had tons of forecasts for it. In fact, one day, all of the surrounding counties got snow and we got none! What a jip!
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?

↑ Up to the top!