Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Doom 3 -- meh... Anyone wanna trade?
Doom 3 -- meh... Anyone wanna trade?
2005-01-16, 10:49 AM #81
I just hope that for those who say doom 3 is boring is actually playing the game in a PROPER enviroment and have the game set at a decent setting.

Having that said, Doom 3 is only enjoyable if you have a good sound system and a DARK and quiet room. I emphasize on a dark room because you can SEE more in the game, and it adds to the atmosphere.
\(='_'=)/
2005-01-16, 12:33 PM #82
Dark quiet room, check.
Good sound system, check.
Still a boring pile of crap, check.

I would have been more pleased if they would have just called it Resident Evil: FPS
2005-01-16, 12:52 PM #83
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Dark quiet room, check.
Good sound system, check.
Still a boring pile of crap, check.

I would have been more pleased if they would have just called it Resident Evil: FPS

That's your lowbrow opinion.
You...................................
.................................................. ........
.................................................. ....rock!
2005-01-16, 12:54 PM #84
There's no such thing as a low-brow opinion.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-16, 12:54 PM #85
Low brow was the enemy placement in that game.

98% of the time you could tell it was coming.

And the cyberdemon was super easy, even on the hardest difficulty level.
2005-01-16, 12:57 PM #86
Gee, Doom 3 has enemies coming. No kidding? Ya know, some game should start with baddies and then they just STOP. The rest of the game there is no shooting. Hah, that'd be original!
2005-01-16, 1:01 PM #87
You know, if you're going to retort... try and make a point. Thats typically how a debate works.

But something can only come out of the ceiling, jump at you when you open the door, or run out of a dark corner before it gets tired and boring.

The first few times, it was startling... the next 67 times it was like "Wow... monster... strafe then shoot... yay.."

It just got lack luster, REALLY quick. Kind of like Max Payne, which gets boring after about 45 minutes.
2005-01-16, 1:03 PM #88
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
You know, if you're going to retort... try and make a point. Thats typically how a debate works.

But something can only come out of the ceiling, jump at you when you open the door, or run out of a dark corner before it gets tired and boring.

The first few times, it was startling... the next 67 times it was like "Wow... monster... strafe then shoot... yay.."

It just got lack luster, REALLY quick. Kind of like Max Payne, which gets boring after about 45 minutes.

Just stop playing games then. Max Payne was a good game.
2005-01-16, 1:10 PM #89
In 45 minute stints, it was a good game.

And I'm by no means a scatter brain, but you can only run around a corner or into a room, bullet time dodge and kill everything so many times before it becomes a tad tedious.
2005-01-16, 6:43 PM #90
Quote:
Originally posted by silent_killa
I just hope that for those who say doom 3 is boring is actually playing the game in a PROPER enviroment and have the game set at a decent setting.

I played the demo several times. Always at night starting around 11:30 and ending around 12:30. I had all my lights off. I have 5.1 surround sound. I played on the mediumish skill level.

It was utterly boring. I was startled once. A zombie guy managed to sneak up behind me and I turned around right as he was about to smack me. He got a bullet to the face.

Everyone kept saying it was scary and amazing. It wasn't. I felt that gameplay sucked. Now the attention to detail, the PDA/computer system, the objects laying around, the ambient environment, the boxes scattered about, the comm chatter, the TV reporter in the beginning... THAT stuff impressed me. Graphics? Well, that's DEFINATELY a horse that has been flogged to death, beaten into a pulp, and smashed deep into the ground. I found most of it mediocre. That's all I'll say.

The engine has potential. No doubt. But the game meant to show it off wasn't that great. I'd only consider buying it after it reaches less than 20 bucks.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-17, 9:18 AM #91
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
In 45 minute stints, it was a good game.

And I'm by no means a scatter brain, but you can only run around a corner or into a room, bullet time dodge and kill everything so many times before it becomes a tad tedious.

The action wasn't the thing that kep me playing. Though it did help a lot.
D E A T H
2005-01-18, 2:47 PM #92
Ya, you know what sucks more? I only got 15 bucks out of it at EBgames. That's okay, I only paid 20 for it. Lucky for me they had a buy one used, get the second half price, so I got 2 DVD's for 6 bucks with trade in.
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2005-01-18, 4:49 PM #93
Duh? The game sells for 30-40, depending on your vendor. How much did you expect to get for it?
D E A T H
2005-01-18, 5:20 PM #94
Quote:
Originally posted by AKPiggott
You mean a pirate copy?

check your private messages.

↑ Up to the top!