Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Deathmatch etiquette?
Deathmatch etiquette?
2005-01-18, 10:29 AM #41
I tend to shoot anything that moves... but lately I've been trying to change that, because alot of times it just ends up getting me killed fast. :p

When you see a player who doesn't see you, it's ALWAYS best to get closer before you start shooting, so you'll hit them more. I used to start taking shots with a shotgun in CS from far too far away, lol. :p Then by the time I was close enough to do real damage with it I was dead.

2005-01-18, 10:30 AM #42
Quote:
Originally posted by Sol
Well you obviously haven't played HL2DM, because where the rocket launcher is, there is 3 spawn point right below it, which why you'll see someone who blocks off the doorway, with like 50 kills and 1 death...

But like I said, it doesn't work when I play because I'm not an idiot like 99% of HL2DM players. Once I know where you are, your dead.

Again...what are you complaining about then? You clearly have them beat even when they camp, so whats the big deal?

And I don't have to play HL2DM...DM hasn't changed terribly much since Doom. People complained about campers then, and they complain about them now. And if he was really dominating the map by camping...that would be a case of a poorly designed map.

Its the same thing as people complaining about some one using that electric beam laser in HL or me being called a 'shock whore' when I blasted every guy who came over the hill in CTF-Face in UT. Yeah? So what, its an option thats open to me due to the game design...of course I'm going to use it! And I'm going to continue to use it until it stops working.
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2005-01-18, 11:09 AM #43
From Vampire: Bloodlines:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-18, 11:43 AM #44
Quote:
Originally posted by Sol
Well you obviously haven't played HL2DM, because where the rocket launcher is, there is 3 spawn point right below it, which why you'll see someone who blocks off the doorway, with like 50 kills and 1 death...

But like I said, it doesn't work when I play because I'm not an idiot like 99% of HL2DM players. Once I know where you are, your dead.

I honestly NEVER bother with the people inside the building, because they aren't the threat.

The threat comes from what people throw up over the side.
2005-01-19, 4:54 AM #45
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
I honestly NEVER bother with the people inside the building, because they aren't the threat.

The threat comes from what people throw up over the side.

??? I always wait and hide under the rocket launcher and wait until I can see you, then I throw a SMG nade in your fave which will either shoot you off the building, or kill you instantly.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-19, 9:36 AM #46
Well, when I play UT2004 I have about equal kills-to-deaths, and I can do OK... most of my kills come from up-close-and-personal weapons like the flak cannon, but I'd prbably enjoy HL2DM if I got to play with you lot.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.

↑ Up to the top!