Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What's your IQ?
What's your IQ?
2005-01-17, 8:50 PM #1
My mom gave me this link. Finished in about 30 minutes.

http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/authorize/register.jsp?url=/tests/uiq/index.jsp

I got a 129.

It also said I had excellent verbal skills -- a word warrior. Pfft... explain that 480 on my SAT verbal test then... ;) :rolleyes:
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-01-17, 9:05 PM #2
Quote:
Congratulations, Andy!
Your IQ score is 135

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others - and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.
2005-01-17, 9:10 PM #3
Congratulations, Ric!
Your IQ score is 138

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

Eh, good enough I guess. It's also not very fair, as I've seen most of these questions before.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-17, 9:15 PM #4
Better luck next time, Joe!
Your IQ score is 17

Your Intellectual Type is Slow-Thinking Dimwit. This means you are mildly mentally handicapped and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can only be applied to unimportant tasks. Like an infant, your unexceptional math and verbal skills make you very weak at explaining things to others - and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-01-17, 9:19 PM #5
I generally score about 130 on them. However, I've heard that these tests over-estimate your IQ by 20 points or so on average. Regardless, they still arent very accurate.
2005-01-17, 9:23 PM #6
Your Intellectual Type is Precision Processor. Like an AMD or Intel, you churn numbers in an unending cascade of ones and zeroes. Sometimes you draw too much energy and overheat, so it is often wise to mount a heatsink/fan directly to your face.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-01-17, 9:24 PM #7
I can't be arsed. Besides, IQ is a crock of ****.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-17, 9:25 PM #8
*hides*

118... :(

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Laura
2005-01-17, 9:26 PM #9
You're just sore cause it came back negative :p
(okay, old joke... how about imaginary?)

(this joke directed toward freelancer)
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-01-17, 9:29 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by oSiRiS
Your Intellectual Type is Precision Processor. Like an AMD or Intel, you churn numbers in an unending cascade of ones and zeroes. Sometimes you draw too much energy and overheat, so it is often wise to mount a heatsink/fan directly to your face.

I call shenanigans.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-17, 9:29 PM #11
Quote:
Congratulations, Robert!
Your IQ score is 136

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-01-17, 9:31 PM #12
Even if IQ was a legitimate measure of anything useful, which it isn't, it still has no useful purpose. If you're going to select people for various things based on IQ, you're in for a rude awakening when half of the high IQ people you bring in are lazy-assed slobs who don't accomplish as much as someone with half the IQ.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-17, 9:35 PM #13
I made up the description but not the score.

Also, I flew through this test with no more than 30 seconds to each question. Is it timed? Some of them are. If it is not timed I'll redo it instead of guessing on some.
2005-01-17, 9:43 PM #14
Just messing with ya oS. :) I believe the score, but mounting a heatsink to your face made me laugh. I'd love to see that. You should do it. Post a pic!
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-17, 9:44 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
I generally score about 130 on them. However, I've heard that these tests over-estimate your IQ by 20 points or so on average. Regardless, they still arent very accurate.

I'd say they tend to overestimate by 20 to 30 points. Notice how the average IQ is 100 yet everyone so far gets around 130? I find that very hard to believe. I mean, seriousely, some of you people are just dumb. :p
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-17, 9:49 PM #16
People, IQs don't mean anything, at least not IQs from internet tests. Ever wonder why everybody is above average? I mean, I know I'm relatively intelligent, but I'm always getting 130+ on these tests. That's not right.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2005-01-17, 9:53 PM #17

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

I don't think that discription is very accurate at all.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-01-17, 10:01 PM #18
Well, I've taken that exact same test quite a few times over the years. The results I've gotten have varied from 133 to 178 so I don't think the thing is very accurate. Not that I've answered the exact same way every single time it's just kind of interesting to see the gap in scores. Now, my actual IQ is 142. That is all.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-17, 10:07 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Flexor
I'd say they tend to overestimate by 20 to 30 points. Notice how the average IQ is 100 yet everyone so far gets around 130? I find that very hard to believe. I mean, seriousely, some of you people are just dumb. :p

I personally wouldnt be surprised though if computer aptitude went along with above average IQ.
2005-01-17, 10:09 PM #20
I would! Because it's simply not true.
2005-01-17, 10:24 PM #21
Quote:
I personally wouldnt be surprised though if computer aptitude went along with above average IQ.

i r teh 1337 roflololz!111
2005-01-17, 10:25 PM #22
Congratulations, Jason!
Your IQ score is 133

Your Intellectual Type is Facts Curator. This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills — which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-17, 10:29 PM #23
Quote:

I wouldn't say computers make a nut become intelligent, but it can stimulate someone who's already intelligent to use their minds to their full potential.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-17, 10:31 PM #24
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-01-17, 10:52 PM #25
This thing is retarded. I took it again and I got a different answer (kind of)

Congratulations, Brad!
Your IQ score is 138

2005-01-17, 11:01 PM #26
Congratulations, Jim!
Your IQ score is 666

Your Intellectual Type is HOLY HELL! This means you are Satan and because of your imortality among other things you have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-18, 5:55 AM #27
Didnt use this test but I've resulted in 129 and 138 before.

My mom is like, 140 or 150 she's teh uber smart y'all?
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-01-18, 6:20 AM #28
On this particular one, I've scored 167 before.
Yet Another Massassi Map | Sadly I Have a Blog Too
2005-01-18, 6:29 AM #29
I got a perfect 10.
:master::master::master:
2005-01-18, 6:36 AM #30
Same as Avenger.

I've got 141 on other tests, they're all just a bit pants really.
2005-01-18, 7:07 AM #31
Got 131 from this one, have gotten 127 and 148 from some others. IQ tests are bull
Yeah, you stay here and take life seriously. I'll go and have some fun.
2005-01-18, 7:31 AM #32
1 million.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-18, 7:44 AM #33
Quote:
Congratulations, Josh!
Your IQ score is 133

the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-18, 7:46 AM #34
IQ tests are pretty worthless really, and don't really provide any actual indication of intellect or reasoning ability or anything.

That said:

Quote:
your IQ score is 142

Your mind's strengths allow you to think ahead of the game -- to imagine or anticipate what should come next in just about any situation. Because you're equally skilled in the numerical and verbal universes of the brain, you can draw from multiple sources of information to come up with great ideas. The timelessness of your vision and the balance between your various skills are what make you a Visionary Philosopher.

In addition to your strengths in maths and linguistics, you have a knack for matching and anticipating patterns. These skills and your uncanny ability to detect the underlying blueprint of most of life's situations add to your Visionary Philosopher mind. Two philosophers who share the same combination of skills you possess are Plato and Benedict Spinoza.

You completed the test in 00:12:34. The current average time for completing this test is 13 minutes and 35 seconds.

Na-na-na-na-na-na, ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

*ahem*

As I said, worthless...
2005-01-18, 12:11 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by stat
I got a perfect 10.

What's her name and do you have a pic?
Pissed Off?
2005-01-18, 12:17 PM #36
about a year ago I got a 142/philosopher guy ("like plato").

BS, haha.
一个大西瓜
2005-01-18, 12:27 PM #37
Congratulations, Torn!
Your IQ score is 126

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas.

The description sounds about right, but I would probably say that my IQ is actually around 100. I took this another time and got 130. That was a few years ago.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-01-18, 12:37 PM #38
Typically I get around 140 on the Internet ones (which are horrible, horrible pieces of crap), but the one we had to do for school ranked me at 121.
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2005-01-18, 12:44 PM #39
Quote:
Your IQ score is 136

Your Intellectual Type is Facts Curator. This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills — which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Yay! I'm like Bill Gates!!!

Usually I get a higher score, but it tends to distract you when your roommate is watching "Aladdin" at full volume in the background...
Stuff
2005-01-18, 2:33 PM #40
I refuse to take that because it requires me to sign-in.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!