Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Monobrows
Monobrows
2005-01-18, 4:53 PM #1
See poll and discuss. Who knows an interesting discussion may result, probably not though.

Edit: By monobrow I don't just mean the full-blown thing, but also faint hints of monobrow (ie stray hairs on the bridge of the nose).
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-18, 4:59 PM #2
Dont have one, but would shave it if I did.

*shudder*
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-18, 5:01 PM #3
I think men with monobrows got to get rid of them.

They dont have to have expertly shaped brows but nothing hurts with plucking or waxing the hair inbetween the two eyebrows.

Leave the monobrow to Burt.

Laura :p :cool:
2005-01-18, 5:01 PM #4
I tend to get about 10 stray hairs, which I purge.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-18, 5:05 PM #5
I've seen some very aesthetically pleasing people with monobrows (both male and female), and the monobrows really don't ruin it at all.
"Shaped" eyebrows, however, do look bad. Especially if they're shaped into a thin line or removed completely. A lack of eyebrows produces a similar effect to what removing your lips would do. It makes your face look sickly and skull-like.
I'm just a little boy.
2005-01-18, 5:07 PM #6
good man! lol see you know what i'm talking about detty. There's nothing wrong with a little personal grooming...and it pays off in the end :)

Laura
2005-01-18, 5:08 PM #7
The correct term is unibrow.
2005-01-18, 5:09 PM #8
An enlightening contribution, I will acknowledge it but completely fail to modify this thread to reflect my new knowledge.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-18, 5:12 PM #9
They're both correct. "unibrow" is just more common.
I'm just a little boy.
2005-01-18, 5:14 PM #10
unibrows looklike s***. shave it off.
2005-01-18, 5:16 PM #11
I think it looks best if there is no unibrow...I know a rather good looking guy but it's all ruined by that pesky unibrow >_<;;;;
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-01-18, 5:21 PM #12
WOLFY HAS A UNIBROW!!!!!!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-18, 5:43 PM #13
There is nothing romantic about monobrows.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-18, 5:52 PM #14
Infact, they are disgusting.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-01-18, 6:14 PM #15
Those who aren't plagued by them shouldn't be so quick to say how horrible they are and disgusting they are. We already know that, and they're a pain in the arse! It's not like shaving facial hair, they don't regenerate as fast. And you can't shave it, gotta tweezer them out. Otherwise, you get short stubby hairs and a dark colored area between your brows! Plus, who would willingly get that close to their own eye with a razor? NO SIR!
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-01-18, 6:45 PM #16
I had a teacher who shaved his. He looked like even more of a freaking idiot than he already was.

I have hair there, but it is literally right at invisable unless you get in my face. Thus I don't care.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-18, 7:42 PM #17
My sister is in cosmetology so I let her pluck 'em as I am inept with tweezers. Also, it doesn't hurt as much because she's real good with it.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-18, 7:53 PM #18
I have a monobrow, yet do nothing about it. Why? Because it's really hardly noticable at all. It's not like filled in or anything, there's like 10 hairs evenly-spaced between my brows, and I think it looks quite cool. And no, I don't give a rat's *** what women think. It's something that sets me apart. I would also like to add that I don't think men should worry too much about grooming anyway. Men are hairy. Get used to it and stop trying to turn them into women.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-18, 8:03 PM #19
Do you shave?
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-18, 8:07 PM #20
I have an electric groomer I use to shave my side burns. It fins perfect to shave my few stay hairs.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-01-18, 8:22 PM #21
Yeah DeT, I do. My comment was mostly directed at legs/chest/eyebrows. I would definitely have a beard if I had darker hair, though.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-18, 8:33 PM #22
Guilty as charged, I copped a bit of flak for it when I was younger so I just pluck it with tweezers.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-01-18, 8:51 PM #23
yes i had like... 5 or so dark/noticable hairs there before i tweezered them. now i just pluck one out when it shows up.
2005-01-18, 10:03 PM #24
Some stray hairs, but I pluck them
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2005-01-18, 10:20 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by THRAWN
I have an electric groomer I use to shave my side burns. It fins perfect to shave my few stay hairs.

I do the same. My parents bought me that "Pen Touch" groomer last Chistmas. Not terribly useful, but it works.

What's been bothering me is arm/hand hair. My arm hair grows to the backof my hand, then up and toward the outside some(no, not on my palms you disgusting people). How much is too much? Shave or no? What about hairy toes(just the big one)?
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-18, 10:25 PM #26
I pluck 'em as they show up.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-01-18, 11:12 PM #27
Hah, never had that problem.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-19, 1:48 AM #28
Unibrow is a sign of lycanthropy. I know this because I have a book that says so. Especially combined with strong hair on the back of the hands. Ric_Olie's neighbours would be wise to look out for the full moon.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-19, 2:30 AM #29
Hmm... back of hands hairy, unibrow... (Which I pluck)

I AM TEH WEREWOLF OH NOS!
2005-01-19, 6:37 AM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
WOLFY HAS A UNIBROW!!!!!!

SHUT. UP.

I've got about six or seven stray hairs that I either cut with nail clippers or just dry-shave.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-19, 8:06 AM #31
SCHWEET! I get to turn into a werewolf next full moon! I'll come after all of you unibrow haters!
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-01-19, 8:11 AM #32
Massassi seems to have a large population of eyebrow deviants.

I pluck.
:master::master::master:
2005-01-19, 8:13 AM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by Ric_Olie

What's been bothering me is arm/hand hair. My arm hair grows to the backof my hand, then up and toward the outside some(no, not on my palms you disgusting people). How much is too much? Shave or no? What about hairy toes(just the big one)?

leave it. Don't shave it, b/c it will grow back thicker than before. You don't want gorilla hair on your arms and hands, do you?
2005-01-19, 8:19 AM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by drizzt2k2
Infact, they are disgusting.

:rolleyes:
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-19, 8:20 AM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
leave it. Don't shave it, b/c it will grow back thicker than before. You don't want gorilla hair on your arms and hands, do you?

FALSE
2005-01-19, 8:26 AM #36
Quote:
Originally posted by Molgrew
FALSE

I stand corrected, but I still say leave the hair alone.
2005-01-19, 8:26 AM #37
I have some annoying hairs there and I pluck them llike a woman once in a blue moon :D
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-01-19, 9:05 AM #38
AAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
<3[http://www.sas.org.au/noleen/8.-Full-Moon.jpg]
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-01-19, 9:15 AM #39
I'm almost positive that shaving your face causes it to come back thicker... I've been able to maintain very sparse growth on my face by shaving as rarely as possible. People I know that shaved alot, early, have very thick beards. What's that all about? It seems that everytime I shave, the stubble is getting thicker, but that might just be because I'm aging.
2005-01-19, 9:33 AM #40
Or, they shave a lot because their beard grows fast.

Some people can take weeks to get anything more than stubble, some can get a noticable beard in a couple of days.
Flickr Twitter

↑ Up to the top!