Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fantastic Four - Teaser Trailer
Fantastic Four - Teaser Trailer
2005-01-19, 7:01 AM #1
Fantastic Four - Teaser Trailer

I don't know about you, but that trailer really turned me off to the movie. The text throughout it and the music they played in the trailer just made me want to turn it off.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-01-19, 7:29 AM #2
Meh.

Not like I wont see it, but meh.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-19, 8:40 AM #3
eh. doesnt look great
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-01-19, 8:44 AM #4
I agree it's a meh...
2005-01-19, 8:54 AM #5
Look like Hollywood is running out of ideas for action movies. Now they use comic book heroes:

Spiderman 1 & 2
Daredevil
The Punisher

And now F4.
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-19, 8:54 AM #6
yet another comic book movie... when will the craze end?
2005-01-19, 9:06 AM #7
Oooh, the fantastic four. I always liked those cartoons that they used to broadcast at Cartoon Network. And judging from the teaser trailer, it's going to be pretty much the same. Could be fun.

If anything, it looks entertaining.
The answer is maybe.
2005-01-19, 9:08 AM #8
They should make a Swat Cats movie. Remember them? That was my favorite cartoon as a kid.
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-19, 9:13 AM #9
Ooh, definately agreed there. They were quite ace as well.
The answer is maybe.
2005-01-19, 9:47 AM #10
Swat Cats. Swat cats. Swat cats. I heard that name long ago, but no image comes to mind. :confused:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-19, 11:26 AM #11
Gee, I wonder who the villian will be in FF?:P It couldn't be Dr. Doom, could it?
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-01-19, 11:33 AM #12
i'm looking forward to it
2005-01-19, 12:17 PM #13
Hard to tell a lot from that, especially acting, but the effects looked good.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-19, 12:27 PM #14
Wow, thats a horrible cast. That movie couldn't have been more miscast.

Plus the movie looks like cliche action nonsense. :(
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-19, 1:40 PM #15
Holy crap, did I just get laid?
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-01-19, 1:53 PM #16
The music being played through is A Perfect Circle. You are teh sux because you do not liek dems lololol
2005-01-19, 4:34 PM #17
Looks cool.
2005-01-19, 4:36 PM #18
They actually found a movie for the one APC song I cant stand.
2005-01-19, 5:03 PM #19
holy ****! SWATCATS WAS AWESOME! Such a cool freaking show, it hurt.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-19, 5:07 PM #20
GOD.

They so ganked the story.

They give Dr. Doom AND the Fantastic four their powers at the same time. And not even in deep space! No a satelite explosion gives them their powers!

If you're going to make a comic book movie, your first aim should be ACCURACY... I'm not even a comic nerd and I see what they changed, imagine how pissed the comic nerds are.
2005-01-19, 5:11 PM #21
The music in the trailer turned me off. Jessica Alba also does not seem fitting.
2005-01-19, 6:19 PM #22
Yeah that music sucked... and the whole '1 will be bad' thing? what the hell...

one will be bad

four will be

fantastic

dun dun DUUUUUUUUN.
2005-01-19, 6:32 PM #23
I LIEK TEH POSTS LOL
2005-01-19, 7:00 PM #24
Hey guys, I think I found some new super dooper calculus equation that should be put in all textbooks:

Jessica Alba + very tight jump suit = Enough for me.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-01-19, 7:02 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Ubuu

Agreed.

Notice that in the photo on the site, she is in the front, despite the fact Reed Richards is the leader?

And what I don't like/get is the choices for Reed and Johnny Storm. Johnny was supposed to be a hot head youth, and Reed the older intellectual. While the hair cut for Richards is pretty accurate, he looks younger than Johnny.
2005-01-19, 7:53 PM #26
haha it's the guy from not another teen movie. yeah it looks alright. prolly gonna end up seeing it in theaters anyways.
2005-01-19, 7:55 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by THRAWN
And what I don't like/get is the choices for Reed and Johnny Storm. Johnny was supposed to be a hot head youth, and Reed the older intellectual. While the hair cut for Richards is pretty accurate, he looks younger than Johnny.

Johnny looks young enough, maybe a few years too old, but not much. Reed and Sue don't look old enough though.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-19, 8:59 PM #28
Why does the Thing look like Sean Astin?
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-01-19, 9:17 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by KOP_Snake
Why does the Thing look like Sean Astin?

Or maybe Sean Astin looks like the Thing? After all, the Thing, both the actor and comic character were born/created years before Astin.

But seriously, how can you look at that and go "OMG they look th same" when one is supposed to be a frigging comic character, and they dressed him like the comic character.
2005-01-19, 10:29 PM #30
Dear Hollywood,
Please finish the X-Men and Spiderman trilogies and then move on from the whole comic book movie thing. I do not want to have to sic PETA on you for beating a dead horse.

Hugs and Kisses,
Wuss

P.S. - Excellent work on ruining the Alien series.
2005-01-19, 11:13 PM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by THRAWN
Or maybe Sean Astin looks like the Thing? After all, the Thing, both the actor and comic character were born/created years before Astin.

But seriously, how can you look at that and go "OMG they look th same" when one is supposed to be a frigging comic character, and they dressed him like the comic character.

I just took a look at the Thing's face in the picture and thought "hmmm, that looks like Sean Astin". True, The Thing the character came before Astin, but the protrayal of The Thing in this particular movie, both the actor who plays him and the makeup style, did not come before Astin.

BTW, it is not Sean Astin who plays him... maybe you didnt mean it that way, but it sounded like you thought it was him.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-01-20, 1:33 AM #32
It could be good, and I will probably see it in theaters, but The Incredibles was basically the Fantastic Four, and I see no way that the movie I just saw a trailer for could surpass The Incredibles.
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2005-01-20, 2:10 PM #33
It looks and feels way too much like Lost in Space.

I can't believe how badly they nerfed DR.DOOM

I mean now he's probably just some evil genius twit that uses his powers for Evil.

Wheres his nation?
Wheres his Doom Bots?
Wheres his tyranical dictatorship?

WTF were they thinking?

Movie Exec1: Ok instead of doing a cool gothik Dr.Doom with a castle and minions, we are just gonna make him some prick that tags along with the Fantastic Four

Movie Exec2: Oh thats sounds badass but the whole Dr. Reeds being uber smart and being a scientist who solves problems and comes up with ways to stop Dr. Doom and those crazy shape changing aliens. We'll just make him somewhat brainy but mainly retarded

Movie Exec1: Wow that sounds even better then the comic. How about we put some scenes in the movie where they just go on a rampage and break stuff alot and people hate them and don't know if they are good or evil, you know kinda like how we did with Spiderman and X-men.

Movie Exec2: yeah kids can't get enough of superheros just throwing cars and burning things for no reason.

Movie Exec1:Man we are gonna make a S**tload of money on this.
Time is but a window
Death is but a doorway
He'll be back
2005-01-20, 2:24 PM #34
KOP_Snake, the actor playing the Thing is 8 years older than Sean Astin.

Firestorm, in case you haven't noticed, the movie looks to take place like immediately after they gain the powers. And since Doom and Richards were best buddies, unless they do some stupid 10 minute flashback to a lab accident, it just makes more sense to have Doom go up with them. Not to mention, he has to have some power (in the comic book he can use magic) to be able to fight them, after all, Torch and the Thing can just walk up, punch him and light him on fire. He has to be able to hold his own.

And being as it probably takes place immediately after gaining the powers, why would Doom already have conqured a European nation?
2005-01-20, 3:00 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by Wuss
Dear Hollywood,
Please finish the Wolverine movies and then move on from the whole comic book movie thing. I do not want to have to sic PETA on you for beating a dead horse.

Hugs and Kisses,
Wuss

P.S. - Excellent work on ruining the Alien series.

Fixed.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-20, 5:10 PM #36
Quote:
Originally posted by Ubuu

I'm guessing you're going to watch Sin City just to see Alba dancing on a pole too....
2005-01-20, 8:20 PM #37
Quote:
Firestorm, in case you haven't noticed, the movie looks to take place like immediately after they gain the powers. And since Doom and Richards were best buddies, unless they do some stupid 10 minute flashback to a lab accident, it just makes more sense to have Doom go up with them. Not to mention, he has to have some power (in the comic book he can use magic) to be able to fight them, after all, Torch and the Thing can just walk up, punch him and light him on fire. He has to be able to hold his own.

Cause im sick and tired of freaking orign stories where the characters' creation has to be condesned and dumbed up just so it can be a movie. I'm sure if they just went into "the fantastic Four are already established motif" like in the X-men where all Reeds has to do is explain something to some dumb guy about what the Fantastic Four is, it would have been much better then giving me another super hero movie that doesn't seem to stand out against the rest being made and released (which isn't really fitting how badass the Fantastic Four are). I mean sure if they get a sequel out of this then I can handle it, but with the recent hollywood flops being turned out (Alexander and Batman Beginings comes to mind), how are we gonna know the public will even get excited enough to go and watch this in theatre? I mean the first Fantastic Four movie really sucked and this one looks to be going that direction.
Time is but a window
Death is but a doorway
He'll be back
2005-01-20, 8:23 PM #38
Firestorm, yeah, well, you gotta consider, this movie is for the MASSES and the MASSES like to see an origin, not just some guy appearing and going "HAHAHA I am the bad guy and these are my powers, but I won't bother telling you how I got these powers." It just doesn't work that way. The nerds might get it but that's it.
2005-01-21, 12:49 AM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm
but with the recent hollywood flops being turned out (Alexander and Batman Beginings comes to mind)

Woah woah....Batman Begins flopped? ...Already? Huh.
2005-01-21, 5:15 AM #40
it will be an intresting trivia to find out while watching the movie all that ideological backround noise...
note that the movie release is the 4th of July...
my father says: i long for the good old days where you could go to the cinema and enjoy a good story on the screen...
STFU n00b...>.<

↑ Up to the top!