Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fantastic Four - Teaser Trailer
Fantastic Four - Teaser Trailer
2005-01-21, 8:12 AM #41
Hmm, I thoght it looked alright.
Which is kinda weird because I hated the Fantastic four.
I think this is one my nephew will enjoy though, and thats what counts as far as I'm concerned.
To me, these comic movies are simply bringing the comics to a new generation.
Just so long as I can watch it with him without gagging, it will be fine.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-01-21, 12:48 PM #42
Hollywood really enjoys the game where the rape everything i loved as a kid.
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2005-01-21, 1:19 PM #43
wait batman begins was released?

you lie. its not released and looks freakin sweet.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-01-21, 1:31 PM #44
Not yet
Pissed Off?
2005-01-21, 2:22 PM #45
Quote:
Firestorm, yeah, well, you gotta consider, this movie is for the MASSES and the MASSES like to see an origin, not just some guy appearing and going "HAHAHA I am the bad guy and these are my powers, but I won't bother telling you how I got these powers." It just doesn't work that way. The nerds might get it but that's it.

Yeah but considering that alot of the movies today basically lack an origin (if we are talking about any other movies). I mean I doubt Coach Carter starts off with him learning about how he started coaching. Then theres people who never saw the original of a sequel and still love it, so I don't see how not having an origin would make for a bad movie. I mean people go to these movies for fun but after a while all origin stories go the same way. It would be nice if we could cut down on the origin part of these characters and jump right to a good conflict. I mean when people make a WWII movie you don't see an origin of how Hitler came to power , no it cuts right to the story. The 5th element also did a great job without having to explain the whole backstory of Bruce Willis character. The point is that an explanation of why characters are superheroes or why they have powers isn't really necessary in a movie. I would have prefered just a flashback or a brief explanation at the begining of the movie and then cut into the good stuff. Part of what made comics cool was that they were epic and unbeilavable and the Fantastic Four is sorta the king of that cheesy adventure kinda thing, it would have been nice to see that (sorta like the incredibles).
Time is but a window
Death is but a doorway
He'll be back
2005-01-21, 9:11 PM #46
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric2Wonderful
Hollywood really enjoys the game where the rape everything i loved as a kid.

Correction:

Hollywood is running out of ideas and need to start turning to other sources. Face facts, they have over 100 years of movies, they are running low on ideas.

And I highly doubt they go "Let's rape Eric's childhood."
I can't think of anything to put here right now.

↑ Up to the top!