Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Already have an iPod? Get an iPod Shuffle FOR FREE!
Already have an iPod? Get an iPod Shuffle FOR FREE!
2005-01-20, 4:30 PM #41
My mp3 player is also very very tiny. It's a Lyra1071. The only bad thing is, I paid $100 for it and it only holds 128MB. Plus the thing doesn't work sometimes. My friend owns a Sony mp3 player that uses mini discs, it works great, but it also sometimes breaks down, and it cost him a pretty penny. I was looking at reviews online for mp3 players, and most of them are garbage. There are only a few that are really great. The ipod is a best seller for three main reasons

1. They are cheap.
2. They are advertised more then any other mp3 player
3. They are quality.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-20, 4:48 PM #42
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
The ipod is a best seller for three main reasons

1. They are cheap.
2. They are advertised more then any other mp3 player
3. They are quality.

The only iPod that sells at a decent price is the Shuffle, and for 30 bucks more you can get a 1.5gb Rio with tons more features.
2005-01-20, 5:06 PM #43
My Rio Karma has been happily running for a year now. Hopefuly Rio will come out with some more nice high-capacity players. The iAudio players are very nice too.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2005-01-20, 5:09 PM #44
iRiver > * :D
2005-01-20, 5:31 PM #45
It doesn't matter that the Shuffle may be worse than other players, Apple would be crazy not to release it, because they are going to make a killing off of it. The public knows the name iPod, which is the primary reason for the Shuffle's existance. They release it because they can.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-01-20, 6:53 PM #46
Know what I prefer to the iPod, - indeed, possibly any MP3 player in the universe? My PDA. Suck it, Apple.
2005-01-20, 6:55 PM #47
What model Jon?
2005-01-20, 11:52 PM #48
An entry-level PDA from late last year (rx3115). QVGA, but it has wifi and bluetooth and can play videos and Quake and stuff.
2005-01-21, 5:38 AM #49
Quote:
Originally posted by Martyn
And wierdly enough, if you walked close to me with my iTrip on you'd pick up whatever I'm listening to! (If iwas in my car)

Small world innit?

You realise using them's illegal in the UK right? (Assuming you don't have an FM licence - think I'm fairly safe on that one :))

The guy I car-share with used to have an iTrip - he had it set to broadcast on the same frequency as Radio 2. I hope no-one we drove past liked listening to Radio 2, because it wasn't exactly Radio 2 material we listened to...
2005-01-21, 8:58 AM #50
It's about as illegal as having fluffy dice hanging off your mirror - the damn thing can't broadcast past four feet! It's hard enough to get your own car to pick it up, let alone get anyone else to pick it up!!

Oh, and why broadcast over beeb 2? It works loads better on an empty frequency - you don't get interference!

:s
2005-01-21, 10:37 AM #51
Quote:
Originally posted by Martyn
It's about as illegal as having fluffy dice hanging off your mirror - the damn thing can't broadcast past four feet! It's hard enough to get your own car to pick it up, let alone get anyone else to pick it up!!

Oh, and why broadcast over beeb 2? It works loads better on an empty frequency - you don't get interference!

:s

Yep...
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-21, 11:18 AM #52
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
Not only that, you don't get to choose what songs to put on the thing. It picks randon stuff from iTunes.

This is false. It is merely an option, not a requirement.

↑ Up to the top!