Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What the...
What the...
2005-01-20, 12:23 PM #1
Okay, so by now everyone's heard about the tragedy caused by the tsunami. If not, look for it here . Anyway, my school is doing a relief project to help those effected by the disaster. That's cool, I think it's a great idea. However, I don't think it's cool what they named the project. They named it "A Wave of Relief". Seriously, I can't think of anything else that is in worse taste than that.
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-01-20, 12:25 PM #2
I laughed at the name. :(
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-01-20, 12:33 PM #3
It's not that bad.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-20, 12:34 PM #4
It's kinda catchy, actually.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-20, 1:27 PM #5
The "Ha ha your family is dead here's some cash though Foundation" (Or the HHYFIDHSCTF) is in poorer taste.
2005-01-20, 1:56 PM #6
Yeah, I suppose it is Mikus. TOO BAD IT DOESN'T EXIST!
2005-01-20, 2:00 PM #7
TOO BAD YOU DON'T EXIST!
2005-01-20, 2:05 PM #8
God Mikus, you make me laugh when you do that. It's refreshingly childish, and it reminds me of an old friend who would always do that.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-20, 2:30 PM #9
TOO BAD YOU DO EXIST!
2005-01-20, 2:32 PM #10
This whole thread makes me laugh. Thank you.
2005-01-20, 2:33 PM #11
TOO BAD NEITHER OF YOU ARE AS COOL AS ME!
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-20, 2:35 PM #12
TOO BAD WE'VE GOT CAPS LOCK ON!
2005-01-20, 3:45 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Schming
TOO BAD NEITHER OF YOU ARE AS COOL AS ME!

And that's the God damn truth right there. :D

:p
Pissed Off?
2005-01-20, 4:08 PM #14
TOO BAD IT'S NOT CAPS LOCK! I LIKE HOLDING SHIFT!
2005-01-20, 4:12 PM #15
lol u kant b funy so u just copy teh mikus lol
too bad lugnut, i winz lol
2005-01-20, 4:31 PM #16
Poor, poor, Mikus. His ego is so large that he thinks people want to be just like him. Sorry Mikus, I wasn't trying to be like you. I was mocking you. Maybe next time, sport.
2005-01-20, 4:42 PM #17
POOH!
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-01-20, 5:16 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Trige
Poor, poor, Mikus. His ego is so large that he thinks people want to be just like him. Sorry Mikus, I wasn't trying to be like you. I was mocking you. Maybe next time, sport.

Well you failed, better luck in the future, champ.
2005-01-20, 5:25 PM #19
Okay, Mikus just passed up Pagewizard on my amusement scale. And that's saying a lot. :p
2005-01-20, 5:25 PM #20
If I failed, then why are you contesting it?

I just think that giving people a wave of anything after their lives were put in jeopardy by a wave is kind of a bit too far.
2005-01-20, 5:27 PM #21
Some people have a sense of humour.
2005-01-20, 5:29 PM #22
"lol u kant b funy so u just copy teh mikus lol
too bad lugnut, i winz lol"

yeah, and then some of us are just arrogant. But for the rest of us, there's Mastercard.
2005-01-20, 5:30 PM #23
Actually, I thought that part was rather funny.

joke <> ego.
2005-01-20, 5:35 PM #24
It's kinda funny that he would post that right after I mentioned not having a sense of humour. In hopes of dispelling any further replies by our clever friend, I'll explain the humour.

I implied that you had no sense of humour, you countered by quoting my joke and completely ignoring the fact that I was joking, and attempting to insult me by taking my post seriously. This is ironic, as one would assume you would prove that you realized it was a joke, and just didn't find it funny. Irony is a type of humour. K?
2005-01-20, 5:39 PM #25
No, saying that someone isn't funny and saying that you're better than them without making it clear that you're joking does not require a sense of humor from the other person. It requires the person who posted it to make it more noticable as a joke. I have a great sense of humor, my friends and I pull pranks and joke with eachother all of the time. But when people make remarks that other people have a problem with, and the person who made the remark tries to cover it as a "joke", then that's not funny. That's cowardice.
2005-01-20, 5:43 PM #26
2005-01-20, 5:44 PM #27
Ah, another cover. Run, Mikus, run!
2005-01-20, 5:49 PM #28
Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who types ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING the way that I typed what you seem to have taken offence at is either A. joking or B. has severe brain damage.
If it makes you feel any better, you can think B, but it's obvious to everyone else that you're just making a fool of yourself by taking my comment seriously.
OH NOS YOU CALLED ME TEH COWARDS BECAUSE YUO DON'T THINKS I WAS TEH JOKINGS PLZ NO MORE!
2005-01-20, 5:52 PM #29
So by your theory, what I have typed has all been a joke, which means that I do indeed have a sense of humor. Interesting.
2005-01-20, 5:52 PM #30
I'll say it again: I thought it was /quite/ funny. There's really very few things that can get me to laugh, and Mikus' posts in this thread are some of them. Who needs a theory when you've got people telling you IT'S A JOKE. No, really, it is. It made me laugh.
2005-01-20, 5:54 PM #31
Yes Tirge, in theory, this is correct; in theory. The difference is, nothing you've said has any element of humour to it. Jolly good show eh wot?
2005-01-20, 5:58 PM #32
What a coincidence. Neither does any of your's (except for the occasional "lol" thrown in which is now-a-day's used in an emotionless way). But whatever kind of thought process makes you happy, run with it.
2005-01-20, 5:58 PM #33
Another bit of irony, you keep placing yourself above me and treating me like an imbecile, and yet you called me arrogant! I feel the need to post... TEH TREE... but not yet.
2005-01-20, 6:01 PM #34
I never said that I was above you. But, if I thought I was, do you honestly think that I would still be posting? No. I would've seen your initial post, and shrugged it off because I would've thought "nothing he says matters because I'm better than him". Not everyone is out to get you, so you don't have to be out to get everyone. Understand?
2005-01-20, 6:04 PM #35
I have had my lawyers analyze this thread, and they have specified that you implied superiority in the following quotations.

Quote:

Quote:
yeah, and then some of us are just arrogant. But for the rest of us, there's Mastercard.

Quote:
But whatever kind of thought process makes you happy, run with it.

Quote:
Not everyone is out to get you, so you don't have to be out to get everyone. Understand?

I feel that I have been slandered and misconstrued. Would you like to apologize?
2005-01-20, 6:10 PM #36
PZWNED!!!111
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2005-01-20, 6:11 PM #37
Apologize? No. But I'll offer some advice. Fire your "lawyer", because his analyzation of my statements would not hold up in court. None of those statements directly say that I am above you. Most are simple suggestions. And I can't help it if you don't want to admit that you have a large ego.

Also, if I were to "analyze" your statements, then I could say that you're trying to be above me as well. But for the sake of all of the fine people of the forums, I'm willing to call a truce right here and now. So what say you?
2005-01-20, 6:18 PM #38
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Apologize? No. But I'll offer some advice. Fire your "lawyer", because his analyzation of my statements would not hold up in court.

Quote:
I have a great sense of humor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:confused:

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikus
I have had my lawyers analyze this thread, and they have specified that you implied superiority in the following quotations.

Quote:
None of those statements directly say that I am above you. Most are simple suggestions.

:confused:

P.S. No dice!
2005-01-20, 6:20 PM #39
No, not suggestions that I am better than you, either. Just general suggestions that people tend to give one another, advice.
2005-01-20, 6:23 PM #40
...if ever there was a thread that should be locked....
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935

↑ Up to the top!