Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What the...
What the...
2005-01-20, 6:23 PM #41
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=suggestion
Uh... nope

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=advice
Um... Maybe, but using that defintion, anything anyone says to anyone else is a "suggestion of advice"

Quote:
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
...if ever there was a thread that should be locked....

Killjoy!
2005-01-20, 6:30 PM #42
"No, saying that someone isn't funny and saying that you're better than them without making it clear that you're joking does not require a sense of humor from the other person."

I believe that this is advice.

"But whatever kind of thought process makes you happy, run with it."

I believe that this is a suggestion.

Both were said by me. Both match dictionary.com's definitions, but you say that this is wrong. Either something is wrong in the world today, or something just isn't making sense here.
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-01-20, 6:31 PM #43
Wow it's like smashing my face against a stupid brick wall. I quit, you win.
2005-01-20, 6:34 PM #44
No, there's no winners here. Only equals. But you forced me to get technical to defend myself, so I did. I did so using your tools. So ya see, everything is shared. And if sharing is going on, then there is equality. [/Hippy]
2005-01-20, 9:07 PM #45
...I STILL STAND BY MY FIRST ASSERTION IN THIS THREAD.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-20, 9:09 PM #46
Schming... you have a guitar... I can't compete with that.
2005-01-20, 9:19 PM #47
Lol Schming! Everyone knows that the drummer of the band gets all of the girls! WOOHOO!!!
2005-01-21, 4:12 AM #48
This thread needs more "Get back on topic" pics.

It was aboutt he tsunami, then it was about this trige guy thinking he was better than mikus. Pft. *nobody* is better than mikus.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-21, 7:59 AM #49
I just love how people like to make my thoughts for me. It's truly great...
2005-01-21, 8:09 AM #50
And by the way, if one of the admins could lock this thread now, please do. It's lost its original purpose.
2005-01-22, 2:43 AM #51
Quote:
Originally posted by Trige
And by the way, if one of the admins could lock this thread now, please do. It's lost its original purpose.

With permission trige... info!

The American government knew hours before the tsunami hit that it was coming, but didn't alert the countries in danger. The US has satellites which can detect an increase of sea level by 10 centimetres immediately. The US also has, and has had it for over 50 years, a system of dozens of seismometres on floating buoys. Those seismometres detect earthquakes below the bottom of the sea and alert when these earthquakes could lead to floods.

A few minutes after the earthquake the American Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (don't know if this is the correct name - I'm translating this. It should be clear to understand what I mean though) knew that a life threatening wave was due for impact. The chiefs of that government institution alerted the American army base on the island Diego Garcia, south of India, which was evacuated, but did NOT alert the governments of the threatened countries.

How many are dead? 170 000+?
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-01-22, 7:43 AM #52
Quote:
Originally posted by Tenshu
With permission trige... info!

The American government knew hours before the tsunami hit that it was coming, but didn't alert the countries in danger. The US has satellites which can detect an increase of sea level by 10 centimetres immediately. The US also has, and has had it for over 50 years, a system of dozens of seismometres on floating buoys. Those seismometres detect earthquakes below the bottom of the sea and alert when these earthquakes could lead to floods.

A few minutes after the earthquake the American Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (don't know if this is the correct name - I'm translating this. It should be clear to understand what I mean though) knew that a life threatening wave was due for impact. The chiefs of that government institution alerted the American army base on the island Diego Garcia, south of India, which was evacuated, but did NOT alert the governments of the threatened countries.

How many are dead? 170 000+?

Uh...sources? Unless they were silenced as part of the American conspiracy against Asian and African countries.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-22, 8:44 AM #53
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
Uh...sources? Unless they were silenced as part of the American conspiracy against Asian and African countries.

The independent I think. There's also a theory doing the rounds that the American army generated those waves through a new technology :rolleyes:

Edit: I may have given off the impression in my previous post that I actually believe these stories. Not even close: I'm missing a motive, among many things.
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-01-22, 9:06 AM #54
Ahhh, okay. My mistake.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-22, 11:57 AM #55
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikus
The "Ha ha your family is dead here's some cash though Foundation" (Or the HHYFIDHSCTF) is in poorer taste.

Awesome! :D That says it all.
2005-01-22, 1:56 PM #56
mikus can wipe his own butt
2005-01-22, 2:01 PM #57
This thread rhymes with stupid
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-22, 2:55 PM #58
[http://www.polarinstruments.com/products/accessories/images/part%20no-MPA204.jpg]
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2005-01-22, 2:59 PM #59
While I'm not sure what the original point ofthis thread was, I bvelieve Mikus is win and someone should make lock to this thread.
Hazard a company one process.
2005-01-22, 3:01 PM #60
It didn't get locked, and it was almost dead. You had to go and bring it back didn't ya? LOCK IT NOW!

↑ Up to the top!