Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I reckon every massassian has a girl thread.
I reckon every massassian has a girl thread.
2005-01-20, 2:15 PM #1
Except for a select few such as wolive and maevie (unless they know something we don't....).

So...nothing complexed here...just there's this girl, she's single now....so yeh.

Starting from scratch seems like one thing but I was wondering what kind of advice some of ya'll might have on how to approach a girl that I already have friendship status with. Thanks.
2005-01-20, 2:18 PM #2
Quote:
I reckon every massassian has a girl thread.

Not me. That's one of the gravest sins I could commit, somewhere between stealing and murder.

As for advice, how about just tell her how you feel? It isn't rocket science.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-20, 2:22 PM #3
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Not me. That's one of the gravest sins I could commit, somewhere between stealing and murder.

I know but inevitably I will goof something up when saying it. Got any words to avoid? I have feelings for her, obviously. But it feels like there is line somewhere as to how much I say or how I say it.
2005-01-20, 2:23 PM #4
Tell her how you feel, maybe hint it before hand or something and see what happens.

When you say "shes single now" do you mean shes just broken up with someone?

(i've never had a girl thread either btw)
/fluffle
2005-01-20, 2:26 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Sats

When you say "shes single now" do you mean shes just broken up with someone?

I have no clue whatsoever when it occurred. Just sometime within the last month or so.
2005-01-20, 2:37 PM #6
Avoid love, that's a pretty bad word... (I don't think teh Mikus had teh grill thread lozl)
2005-01-20, 2:37 PM #7
Quote:
Starting from scratch seems like one thing but I was wondering what kind of advice some of ya'll might have on how to approach a girl that I already have friendship status with. Thanks.
Depends on how long. If it's been longer than a month, go get a different girl. If it's been shorter, just tell her you are going to get some lunch/ice cream/coffee/etc some time and you would like her company.

Do not tell her how you feel(and I'm assuming you have that "Oh I love her with every fiber of my being and I want to tell her so bad!" feeling, which, in my opinion, is an absurd emotion in the first place). If it's been longer than a month, then it is very probable she was never interested or has lost interest in you and that will just make it awkward. If it's been less than a month then telling her your feelings and spilling your guts to her will put her off whither she liked you or not. I'm amazed how many people(I'm not talking about Massassi exclusively) think it's appropriate to say "OMG I LOVE YOU!" to someone they don't even have an intimate relationship with. It's the equivilent of going up to a complete stranger and asking them to be your friend.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-01-20, 2:40 PM #8
I've always found the best approach is a direct approach.

I don't sit there and play games. If I like someone, I ask them out.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-01-20, 2:43 PM #9
There is a fine line between direct and creepy.
2005-01-20, 2:43 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran Horn
It's the equivilent of going up to a complete stranger and asking them to be your friend.

It works when you're drunk!!

But yeah, subtle is good. Test the water, make it reasonably clear that you're getting at something more without coming out and saying "omq will u b my g/f?!?!"
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-20, 2:44 PM #11
Agreed. In fact I get exactly to the point with the most blunt language I have. "I like you. I find you attractive. I would like to go out with you, and find out if there's something more there."

^Note though that this only works on some girls, and those are the kind I date so thats why it works
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-01-20, 2:45 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by THRAWN
I don't sit there and play games. If I like someone, I ask them out.

But that's tricky if you're friends with them and you don't want to lose the friendship. If you come straight out with it and they don't feel the same, it's gonna make things awkward.

2005-01-20, 2:46 PM #13
I forgot about the magical elixir, beer.
2005-01-20, 2:46 PM #14
You can always get new friends.

And besides, if you don't let them know, it's just going to drive you nuts when they start dating someone else, cause you'll always wonder what could have happened.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-01-20, 3:18 PM #15
This always worked for me...

[Glad to help as always]
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-01-20, 3:26 PM #16
Plant C4 in her house, and keep a remote detonator with you. Go up to her, and ask her out. If she says yes, great. If she says no, press the button. Then start laughing manaically.
Stuff
2005-01-20, 3:32 PM #17
I don't have a girl thread.

And I don't understand why it seems like a good idea to ask a forum full of STAR WARS FANS for advice on women...

Thats like asking smokey the bear for matches.
2005-01-20, 3:38 PM #18
Because some people here actually can give good advice on how to approach the situation. IT's jsut a matter of knowing who those people are.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-20, 3:42 PM #19
Even those people are here, it just doesn't seem like a good idea.

I mean, the only way the average star wars fan has seen to treat a woman is to kiss your sister or chain up your scantly clad sister.
2005-01-20, 3:45 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
I mean, the only way the average star wars fan has seen to treat a woman is to kiss your sister or chain up your scantly clad sister.

NOT TRUE... we also get cheesy pickup lines like "I don't like sand..."

*waits for kiera/natalie lesbian sex scene in Ep3*
Stuff
2005-01-20, 3:48 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Even those people are here, it just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Suit yourself. :p
Pissed Off?
2005-01-20, 4:20 PM #22
Quote:
N

no, No , NO!!!!!!!
2005-01-20, 4:50 PM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
no, No , NO!!!!!!!

What does teh pagewizard have to say?
2005-01-20, 4:54 PM #24
My current g/f and I were best best BEST friends for a year before we admitted having feelings for each other. For the first six months, she was with my best friend of two years. He started doing drugs, and cheated on her, and we both removed him from our lives after they had gone out for 3-4 months. It took us about 6-7 months for us to be able to admit that we both had very strong feelings for each other, because we were both worried about losing a friendship. Eventually, we got drunk, sat down and talked about it, and that was that.

Of course, we were both completely positive how the other one felt long before that point...we were just being wusses.

My advice is to just bite the bullet and tell her. If you care enough, which is often the case when you've been friends first, then you can avoid the awkwardness. If she isn't too great of a friend, then you do stand the chance of making it weird. BUT if that's the case, it's always possible to fix it back the way it was unless she's a raging *****. Hopefully, you don't have a thing for someone you know is a *****, and you can avoid the entire badness!

Wow that didn't make sense. How good would you consider your friendship to be?
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-20, 4:55 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
no, No , NO!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: Whatever, man. But we all know the only girls you go out with are whores, so to get the opposite kind of girl, take the opposite kind of advice. Sounds reasonable to me.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-20, 4:55 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by Morfildor
What does teh pagewizard have to say?

"Obviously don't tell her how you feel if you're just trying to get laid. Then, if she ends up having feelings too, you're screwed. Get in, then get out...figuratively speaking of course ;)"

That's what I'm going to guess he'll say, which is good advice if you don't actually have feelings worth admitting to her.
</sarcasm>
2005-01-20, 4:57 PM #27
Oooh Oooh! How does one go about getting a laydeee to dump her boyfriend and go out with you instead? :p
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-20, 4:59 PM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
Oooh Oooh! How does one go about getting a laydeee to dump her boyfriend and go out with you instead? :p

You simply brain wash them into thinking their b/f is cheating or isn't treating her right. Then, though, you have the bad karma and she'll cheat on you anyways.

A good compromise is to take her picture, get it blown up to life size, and paste it onto an anatomically correct doll...
</sarcasm>
2005-01-20, 5:53 PM #29
"I wanna say something, wanna put it out there, and if you like it you can take it and if you don't, send it right back. ..I want to be on you."
2005-01-20, 5:55 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Compos Mentis
Wow that didn't make sense. How good would you consider your friendship to be?

Well, hard to say. I talk to her obviously and I see her quite a bit but we don't actually hang out much. I think she tended to avoid hanging out with other guys while dating.
2005-01-20, 5:57 PM #31
Quote:
It took us about 6-7 months for us to be able to admit that we both had very strong feelings for each other, because we were both worried about losing a friendship. Eventually, we got drunk, sat down and talked about it, and that was that.

To alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems!
:D (Glad it worked out for you, and if god forbid the relationship comes to an end, beer [or your drink of choice] will still be there for you)
2005-01-20, 6:04 PM #32
Quote:
:rolleyes: Whatever, man. But we all know the only girls you go out with are whores, so to get the opposite kind of girl, take the opposite kind of advice. Sounds reasonable to me.

yay... a personal attack.

is that the best you can do?

Quote:
"Obviously don't tell her how you feel if you're just trying to get laid. Then, if she ends up having feelings too, you're screwed. Get in, then get out...figuratively speaking of course "

wrong again.

do you want me to tell you the truth, or just tell you what you want to hear?
2005-01-20, 6:05 PM #33
Oooh! ooh! Can you do your infomercial spiel again? That is what you're referring to when you say "the truth", yes? I'm ready to LMAO.
2005-01-20, 6:10 PM #34
Quote:
Oooh! ooh! Can you do your infomercial spiel again? That is what you're referring to when you say "the truth", yes? I'm ready to LMAO.

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response other than this.
2005-01-20, 6:12 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by Morfildor
Well, hard to say. I talk to her obviously and I see her quite a bit but we don't actually hang out much. I think she tended to avoid hanging out with other guys while dating.

Well, you might want to test the water a little more if you don't hang out that much...OR, since you don't hang out much, there's not as much to lose as if you did, so it's a perfect setup to just ASK!

Honestly, you're in the perfect position where spending more time together as friends will probably work just as well as just asking. Asking is faster, and shows confidence, though, but carries that extra bit of risk.

Quote:
do you want me to tell you the truth, or just tell you what you want to hear?

I'm curious to see what you deem to be "truth", since you're obviously the lord of booty:p
</sarcasm>
2005-01-20, 6:14 PM #36
Quote:

Honestly, you're in the perfect position where spending more time together as friends will probably work just as well as just asking. Asking is faster, and shows confidence, though, but carries that extra bit of risk.

That's what I was thinking.
2005-01-21, 12:56 AM #37
I agree. When you first posted, I assumed you were hang-out-everyday type friends. But if you're not that close anyway, just go for it.

2005-01-21, 1:03 AM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

• Cyanide
  • 9 mm cap to the forehead of s/o
  • Spread fictitious rumors involving b/f and a(n) <insert quadriped here>
  • Force boyfriend's current location of employment to be reloacted somewhere in Micronesia.

Just some pointers :)
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-21, 3:42 PM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran Horn

Do not tell her how you feel(and I'm assuming you have that "Oh I love her with every fiber of my being and I want to tell her so bad!" feeling, which, in my opinion, is an absurd emotion in the first place).

My previous post wasn't too clear, i meant tell her how you feel as in, you like her, not as in pouring out your heart sorta thing like kieran described above.
/fluffle
2005-01-21, 5:17 PM #40
How far are you from your local aquarium?

Just try and caress her lightly on the shoulder with a carp or salmon. Judge by her response what your next move should be.
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.

↑ Up to the top!