Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → halo 3!!!
halo 3!!!
2005-01-22, 3:42 PM #1
http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=77291703&replies=33&ui=cb_post_01
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-01-22, 3:44 PM #2
$10 says it has a gravity gun.
2005-01-22, 3:45 PM #3
That looks very nice, but somehow I get the feeling that it isn't official.
>>untie shoes
2005-01-22, 3:46 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob

I'll give you 5:1...
>>untie shoes
2005-01-22, 3:59 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob

$20 says it'll recieve undeserved hype and will end up having average gameplay along with a boring campaign.
2005-01-22, 4:02 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by SG1_129
$20 says it'll recieve undeserved hype and will end up having average gameplay along with a boring campaign.

Another $30 says people will rave about how "Revolutionary" it is.
2005-01-22, 4:02 PM #7
$50 says everyone will criticize it for no obvious reason.
D E A T H
2005-01-22, 4:03 PM #8
$100 says Yosh will get irrationally worked up
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2005-01-22, 4:05 PM #9
$874.32 says it will have 8 or less hours of gameplay.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-22, 4:06 PM #10
$200 says this will go on till we're at 4 digit numbers and then some.
2005-01-22, 4:08 PM #11
300 dollars says I just accidentally mouthed "Holy ****" when I saw that picture.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-01-22, 4:13 PM #12
500 dollars says I won't.
D E A T H
2005-01-22, 4:14 PM #13
$20,000.00 says it just did.
2005-01-22, 4:14 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
$50 says everyone will criticize it for no obvious reason.

Don't you mean praise it for no obvious reason?
>>untie shoes
2005-01-22, 4:18 PM #15
$100 says none of you could cover your bets.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-01-22, 4:18 PM #16
$1,000,000,000,000.00 says that's a filthy lie!!!
2005-01-22, 4:39 PM #17
$32898572983598235 says the sequel is just to calm the huge storm of complaints about an absolutely horrible ending.

(Anime fans may recall a similar todo with Evangelion. :D)
2005-01-22, 4:49 PM #18
£5 says its either concept- or fan-art, and has no direct link to a Halo 2 sequel.
"Whats that for?" "Thats the machine that goes 'ping'" PING!
Q. How many testers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. We just noticed the room was dark; we don't actually fix the problems.
MCMF forever.
2005-01-22, 4:55 PM #19
$500 says it won't get over 15 fps on a GeForce 6800GT
Stuff
2005-01-22, 5:09 PM #20
well since the game is going to be xbox 2... and if it's released on pc will probably run like crap...

and the release to calm the complaints about a horrible ending is supposed to be Halo 2.5
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-22, 8:31 PM #21
I feel the need to point out that neighter Halo 2.5 OR Halo 3 has even been announced. I also highly DOUBT that there will be a Halo 2.5. Those of you that complain about the ending really need a reality check. It's called a cliff hanger. You get them in movies. You get them on TV. You can have one in a book. Life itself can be one. Was it the best way it do a cliff hanger? Maybe not. However, it is no reason at all to hate the entire campaign. May I also point out, that depending upon your point of view, many video games ALSO have cliff hangers.

Now, about that supposed "screenshot/render". It isn't. Really guys, look closely at it. It's a digital painting. And it isn't for Halo 2.5 or Halo 3. It was for Halo 2. It was concept art. Art that the general public wasn't ever really supposed to see for precisely this reason, rampant speculation. That was just preliminary artwork, made long before a plot was probably even completely nailed down.

And yes, this has been disproved. I read about it two days ago on Halo.Bungie.Org. A Bungie PR person stepped into a forum conversation and said it had zero to do with any of the Halos. The rest is rather easy to fill in if you know that much.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-22, 8:35 PM #22
Maaan, did you have to come in here and fanboy up our fun?
2005-01-22, 8:37 PM #23
The first thing I noticed was that it was a painting, and I kept checking the link thinking it was wrong or something...
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-22, 8:49 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Maaan, did you have to come in here and fanboy up our fun?

Yes. ;)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2005-01-22, 8:52 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
I feel the need to point out that neighter Halo 2.5 OR Halo 3 has even been announced. I also highly DOUBT that there will be a Halo 2.5.

i was unaware Halo 2.5 was not announced i mean it's only been ANNOUNCED THAT IT WILL BE PREINSTALLED ON THE HD VERSION OF THE XBOX NEXT
2005-01-22, 8:54 PM #26
*ehem*

PWND!
2005-01-22, 8:57 PM #27
Super diss.
2005-01-22, 9:01 PM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
Those of you that complain about the ending really need a reality check. It's called a cliff hanger. You get them in movies. You get them on TV. You can have one in a book. Life itself can be one. Was it the best way it do a cliff hanger? Maybe not. However, it is no reason at all to hate the entire campaign. May I also point out, that depending upon your point of view, many video games ALSO have cliff hangers.

It's not so much that it had a cliffhanger ending but that the ending itself. Oh no. Another Halo. Wow. I guess that means more Flood.

Hurrah.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-22, 9:02 PM #29
$200 bucks on New england tommorrow.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-01-22, 9:12 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by DrkJedi82
i was unaware Halo 2.5 was not announced i mean it's only been ANNOUNCED THAT IT WILL BE PREINSTALLED ON THE HD VERSION OF THE XBOX NEXT

Prove it. Link me to something. I'm pretty sure I'd have heard about it. Seeing as I haven't...

Wolfy, you can say the same thing about the headcrabs and zombies in Half-Life.
Last Stand
2005-01-22, 9:22 PM #31
A quick Google search for "Halo 2.5 Xbox Next" has yielded the following...

Link 1
Note that the Halo 2.5 on Xbox Next is listed under RUMORS.

Link 2
Team Xbox. Again, they site a "trusted source" for this information. I find that to be lacking in credibility.

Please show me a link where Bungie has come out and said directly that there is a Halo 2.5 in the works, and that it will come with said system. Bungie has stated time and again that NOTHING should be trusted as a fact unless it comes straight from them. Microsoft doesn't count, as they've said things that have been wrong before as well.
Last Stand
2005-01-22, 10:58 PM #32
.... $1-million says that this Halo will actually BE (semi) good.
"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."

-Emon
2005-01-22, 11:09 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by lightside
.... $1-million says that this Halo will actually BE (semi) good.

They were both good. But that's opinions for you. However, neigher were without their faults. Halo suffered from poor level design towards the end of the game, and the REALLY obnoxious Flood AI. Halo 2 was better in quite a few respects, but still has it's flaws. For instance, the intertwined twin storylines. It's a great idea to show two sides of the story that way, but the way it was implemented wasn't that great. It worked, but it killed some of the continuity. A slightly better idea would have been two seperate campaigns. You play through as the Chief first, and then play again as the Arbiter. But even that idea isn't without it's flaws. You'd have two really short campaigns, or a really long one. Meh.

Nothing is without flaws. And in all honesty, the sales figures tell alot about how popular the game is, which gives something of an idea as to how good the game is and how many people enjoy it.

Still, your opinion.
Last Stand
2005-01-22, 11:20 PM #34
sales figures mean nothing about how good a game is...

Halo 2 has high sales because it is an excessively hyped and advertised sequel to a top selling game it's not a bad game... but it's not anywhere near what was expected... i think bungie's biggest mistake was showing off early screens/videos that showed visuals that were not anywhere close in the final product... where's all that self shadowing? i've been playing through the game and you only see it in a few cutscenes... what was expected was a major improvement what we got was normal mapping and more bloom effects
2005-01-22, 11:44 PM #35
Yeah bungie talked for years about how lame it would be to make halo 1.5 so I doubt that they would up and make halo 2.5.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2005-01-22, 11:59 PM #36
They better do things right this time.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-23, 1:15 AM #37
Halo 2 was pretty good for me, but I don't play many games nor did I play the first one. I just really love the way they did the AI and it just feels alot more free than a usual game.

There was one part where I was on a Ghost attacking a Convenant tank and I decided to get off the ghost to jump on the tank. I had done it before so I figured I could again... I pulled my ghost up as close as I could then ran after the tank, and the AI controlling the tank actually tried to evade me. The first one didn't do that. This was like it learned my tactic and was "afraid" of letting me get close - unless I was already on a vehicle and couldn't mount the tank.

IMO it was worth playing just to play against that sort of AI. Most of the time, the AI was less predictable and more "human" than people I've played online.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-01-23, 1:26 AM #38
Of course it's my opinion; you must be a fan. Forgive me. I hate your game.
"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."

-Emon
2005-01-23, 1:32 AM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by Nubs
$200 bucks on New england tommorrow.

I can't bet against you there.

Pats and Eagles this Super Bowl.

Oh and I've never played Halo 1 or 2.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-23, 11:53 AM #40
I remember the first time I played Halo, after hearing about how it was the coolest FPS ever, it rocked, it owned, ect. The whole time I was plying I was thinking "Okay.... where is this amazingness?"

Very very fun game. Extremely overrated.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.

↑ Up to the top!